PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Clubs in SW for FI ratings?

batty
23rd Feb 2001, 22:23
I am looking at doing my FI(A) rating in the near future but I live down in the SW of Cornwall. I am not opposed to travelling or lodging while I do the rating.
Does anyone have any recommendations of where to do it (or indeed where not to!) somewhere in the SW of UK. I have tried Old Sarum in Wilts but they are booked up until end of July!
I want to do it soon, ie next couple of weeks.

Rusty Cessna
23rd Feb 2001, 23:44
You can always try Plymouth.

The school is very nice and hospitable. Plymouth School of Flying operate C-152 PA28 an Arrow and a Duchess. The airfield its-self is nice, quite quiet most days although becoming busy in the summer. ATC is available and ILS/ADF present.

Instructors are very nice people, their web site is www.eghd.com (http://www.eghd.com) or alternatively ring them on 01752 773335. I think their all inclusive price is £4620 if it hasn't changed!

If its what your looking for then great, if not never mind! hope you find a good school for you.

Where abouts are you in Cornwall, you may want to try Bodmin, although I don't know if they do AFIC.

Rusty.

[This message has been edited by Rusty Cessna (edited 25 February 2001).]

batty
25th Feb 2001, 12:31
I live not too far from Bodmin, but they dont do the AFIC course, but thanks I will look at Plymouth

hugh flung_dung
27th Feb 2001, 19:33
Batty,

You might want to ask yourself WHY Old Sarum is booked up so far ahead. I did my FI course there several years ago and would thoroughly recommend them - maybe it's worth waiting until July rather than finding somewhere else with a shorter wait time and risking finding out WHY they have a shorter wait.

HFD