PDA

View Full Version : Fairfax and QANTAS

rjtjrt
4th Jul 2013, 23:10
A pit stop with the A380 Airbus Qantas (http://www.theage.com.au/travel/travel-news/a-pit-stop-with-the-a380-airbus-the-largest-airliner-in-the-world-20130703-2pbm8.html)

This seems to be a remarkable coincidence. In the same week a critical report on the Rolls Royce engineering/maintenance, a few days later, quite by chance I am sure, we get a puff peace from Fairfax about the superb maintenance regime on A380 engines as arranged by QANTAS through RR. Almost an advertorial.
You can imagine the PR people at QANTAS inviting Fairfax people to lunch, and the delicious reparte re travel and luxury. Nothing to see here re you scratch my back.
They wonder why journalists ( and PR spin doctors) are held in such high regard. They seem all to share ethical genetics with lawyers.

Sue Ridgepipe
5th Jul 2013, 01:11
I thought these newer aircraft didn't need maintenance? :confused:

maggot
5th Jul 2013, 02:21
Just give it a reset:8

Buckshot
5th Jul 2013, 04:00
It's a four engine aircraft, but it's designed to fly on two. If they lose one on take-off, the aeroplane doesn't notice it

Is that a fact? The QF32 should have just pushed on then OPS normal instead of returning to SIN

fl610
5th Jul 2013, 04:07
It's a four engine aircraft, but it's designed to fly on two. If they lose one on take-off, the aeroplane doesn't notice it

You can bet that the farking crew notice it!:rolleyes:

500N
5th Jul 2013, 05:18
rjt

Not a pilot.

I read that article, not only thought it was laid on thick
but also thought about the co incidence.

Qantas probably spends a heap on advertising.

DirectAnywhere
5th Jul 2013, 05:28
Qantas probably spends a heap on advertising. for Jetstar.