PDA

View Full Version : Going from Widebodies to Regional Aircraft

chest rockwel
3rd Jul 2013, 13:58
Hi Guys,

I've been thinking of in the future, moving away from working as an Engineer on the big commercial aircraft and sizing down to ATR's and/or Q400.

Perhaps there is someone with experience who could advise me on the pros/cons of working on such aircraft.

Much appreciated.
Chest.

HMV
3rd Jul 2013, 15:03
Hi Chest,

I downsized myself from B747 and DC 10 to the Q400, best decision I have ever made.
Compared to my KLM years I see more of the aircraft and less of only one part of it.
On top of this we do flying spanner as well if the planes have to go away for more than a week.:ok:

And the summer is about 10 months over here compared to the 10 days in Amsterdam:D

See my thread for B1 in the south of France and send me a mail for more info...

Good luck with whichever decision your going to make

Gerrit

chest rockwel
3rd Jul 2013, 16:02
Thanks for the information Gerrit, sounds like a good company you are with, I am currently on contract in Asia, I'm typed on some airbus types and boeing aircraft. In all honesty, I'm enjoying my time here and saving some money, but in the future, It would be great to perhaps work for a company such as your one.

I'll send you my CV so you can keep on file at least, and so you have my contact details.

Thanks,
Chest.