PDA

View Full Version : Images and Attachments

727gm
2nd Jul 2013, 11:51
I've read the FAQs under Reading and Posting/Images and Attachments, but I DO NOT SEE a button that says "Manage Attachments"....
Also, under Posting Rules at the bottom i says "you may not post attachments"....
What Gives?
Why not?

green granite
2nd Jul 2013, 13:24
Ooooh yes let's be able to post attachments, should be able to get some real humdingers of viruses running around here. :ok:

Saab Dastard
2nd Jul 2013, 14:46
The FAQs on this site are largely those pertaining to the generic vbulletin software.

While vbulletin software does support hosting attachments and pictures etc., PPRuNe has chosen not to do so for a variety of reasons, including storage space, security and performance.

This is very, very unlikely to change in the future.

SD

727gm
4th Jul 2013, 09:03
I guess I don't understand, then. I frequently see photos posted in some fashion, not just "links", for instance there is a thread that is a "sticky": Photos of Everyone: The Sequel, under Jet Blast. How are these photos being posted? Please advise. It is only obvious to those who already know.

green granite
4th Jul 2013, 09:51
Try reading http://www.pprune.org/spectators-balcony-spotters-corner/203481-image-posting-pprune-guide.html which is in the FAQ sticky of this Forum.

Sunnyjohn
4th Jul 2013, 11:52
Good luck, 727gm. I was referred to the same set of instructions and it took me some time to get my head around it. Eventually I signed up with Photobucket, but they have made the site too complicated for this poor old silvery. I now post images straight off google images using the 'copy and paste image URL' method. That works just fine for me. Hope you manage OK!

green granite
4th Jul 2013, 12:03
It doesn't have to be photobucket; try ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/)

OFSO
5th Jul 2013, 12:39
they have made the site too complicated for this poor old silvery

It still works but boy ! does it take patience. PhotoBucket are the classical example of what happens when you disregard "if it ain't broke don't fix it". It's gone from being OK to being a total pain in the rectum.

ExSp33db1rd
5th Jul 2013, 23:53
It's gone from being OK to being a total pain in the rectum.

So has Picasa.

I've heeded all the advice on the thread I started about Picasa, but nothing works, SkyDrive appears nowhere on my computer to zap into outer space, it seems to be confined totally within the confines of Picasa.

If It Ain't F*******g Broke - DON'T Fix it.