PDA

View Full Version : VS to UVF

Patagonia
1st May 2002, 07:09
Hiya

Before this gets moved pls can you let me know! I tried in questions but it shifted pronto to SLF where it has languished!

Can you tell me - is it the 74 or the Airbus they use on the Tuesday UVF flights?

If the former then is Premium Econ & Upper on the main deck or upper deck? And does all a/c have the bar area - if so is it always near 2 doors? (I want to avoid being disturbed). Does the FBT do the UVF route too?

Thanks guys & gals.

deepvainpain
1st May 2002, 15:06
Sorry to disapiont you but there is no IFBT. They are still only out of LHR. Lucky birds.

Patagonia
1st May 2002, 18:48
Thanks for both your replies - so to get a quiet Upper seat I have to be in A Zone, coz I guess B Zone has the bar in it.

Cheers.

Patagonia
3rd May 2002, 07:45
Thanks Kahuna....damn I was really looking forward to the bar.

I enjoyed it on my last trip to LAX - broke the tedium up a bit. So what are the "Italian Specials" seats like then? Are they Alitalia first class seats?

At least I'm forwarned by someone - Virgin hasn't told me there is any difference, and their website doesn't indicate there are differences between the LGW & LHR a/c.

Well I suppose I can just hope that an Airbus might get the route once the -600s start arriving!

jongar
3rd May 2002, 15:31
As a Pax I figures I'd answer this one - the seats are comfy to sit in, but and not bad for sleeping, but nowhere near as comfy as the J2000 product. The lack of a bar and IFBT is a pain, but a complaint to VS often nets a contribution of some FC miles :)

One other thing - if the flight is light in J, they will insist on everyone going in the cone downstairs - particullay on flights from the US. Be aware that when you land, you have to fight through 4 rows of economy to get out - a baseball bat oftem persuades them to move :)

Oh and if you want sleep pray there are no children in the front row of that economy section - the curtain does little to restrain the monsters. broken legs slow them down. I started to fly to JFK now and then down to MCO on Jet Blue. I get a great ride both ways, and can enjoy the sight of the VS FA's legs from the lower J2000 seats on the way home :)

JonGar

For anyone seeking revenge for anything said I will fly in J to JNB on 23rd May - cya there

Patagonia
3rd May 2002, 15:34
BK & jongar - thanks for your info and tips.

I can sleep on any first class seat, just fancied trying the newer Upper ones. <sigh>

Ryanair Wannabee
20th Jun 2002, 17:35
:) Hi. I'm sorry but where is UVF?

Patagonia
20th Jun 2002, 20:05
UVF = St Lucia

I've got myself booked into 72 HK upstairs and 6AB downstairs on the return. I was told that 6AB is the first row - is this so? If not is it forward or behind 1 doors?

Cheers.

Denzil
20th Jun 2002, 21:32
Few corrections folks!
1) On the VS LGW B744's upstairs is all Premium Economy.
2) The seats are Recaro J class seats NOT first class, sadly not as comfortable as the J2000 seats.
3) Restrictions on steering on the A346 are more due to its length (longer than a B744) and the aircraft is more use on long range routes than "holiday" destinations!
4) The good news is that it is NOT a classic so has more chance of getting you there on time!!!

High as a Kite
24th Jun 2002, 17:54
I've just got back from UVF. It was fantastic.

6AC are in the front row of Upper Class. Rows 1-5 do not exist!

Patagonia
24th Jun 2002, 20:38
Thanks for that High as a Kite.

I'm so looking forward to it - only another 3.5 months or so to go!

Pata......