PDA

View Full Version : Air Zermatt classic lama poster

rotorboy
26th Jun 2013, 03:17
Hello all,

Des anyone remember the poster with lama in front of the Matterhorn ! I had one in my bed room as a child and well you could say it changed my life.

Years later, now that I have a home and am settling " or nesting" as the current GF says u am in desperate search of one for the wall in the man cave.

The lama is something special to me, as I have had the opertunity to fly it all over the world and am of the last generation of utility pilots of will probably ever get to do so.

So if any one has a lead on one of these or knows what I am talking about, I'd be grateful to hear form you

Rotor boy

- long since hung up the helmet:( for a set of eppulettes .... Man I miss flying:cool::cool:

JAA/FAA Pilot
26th Jun 2013, 12:37
If you are talking about the one with the bucket on it...Had one a long time ago and should have never let it go. The original picture that you are probably talking about was hard to get even 20 years ago, so chances to get on today, you have to know someone that will give it up.
As much as I remember the FOCA did not like it and a less aggressive version became available.

Maybe some guys at Air Zermatt still have one laying around somewhere...at least to show it off on here :D ...boy would that cause some discussions on here :}

rotorboy
27th Jun 2013, 16:01
Yup that was the one.

Figured it was worth a try

RB:cool:

alouette
29th Jun 2013, 08:09
Are you talking about the one when they built the Klein Matterhorn cable car with XDI and the bucket underneath with MontBlanc in the background? I might have a duplicate but I will be home in September.

JAA/FAA Pilot
29th Jun 2013, 17:32
Yep, I think that is the one! :D ...hope you will find it :ok:

alouette
30th Jun 2013, 14:24
That is THE classic poster!!!! :)

Bladestrike
1st Jul 2013, 00:05
I had that poster laminated, unfortunately it got damaged in a flood some years ago and was discarded. Awesome image!

We had a Swiss pilot put an engineer on a ridge with his camera and try his best to recreate the photo with a Bell 47 and a Bambi bucket. He crashed and went back to Switzerland.

Cleared-HOT
1st Jul 2013, 02:52
Check your PMs Rotorboy.

alouette
1st Jul 2013, 11:14
This poster is rare because no longer available...

rotorboy
1st Jul 2013, 11:18
Von Chessen Hausen!!!!! Your alive. i speak to our mutual swiss buddy from time to time and he says your well.
I'd be stoked if you had one you would part with.

I crew change though FRA end of sept, I'd come down pick it up and even buy the beer. Didn't we talk about going to October fest years ago?

Cleared hot- thanks for the pm

RB:ok:

alouette
1st Jul 2013, 11:25
Hmmmmm...I think I have one. But I need to check first. I got quite a stack of AZ posters from the "old" era. :)

Heli-Union
1st Jul 2013, 11:42
If someone find this amazing poster please put copy on this thread thanks.

rotorboy
1st Jul 2013, 11:53
What the AZ poster?

Rb

alouette
1st Jul 2013, 12:16
I don't know how big the scanner must be to get the approx. 80 x 80 cms poster on to a digital image...unless someone has the original negative...