PDA

View Full Version : Cebu Pacific Pilots Suspended & Not Fired? Really???

Iver
26th Jun 2013, 00:05
This is crazy... What do you have to do to get fired by Cebu Pacific? Actually kill people? Sounds like it. I guess I can't be too surprised in this region of the world.... :eek::eek::eek::eek::yuk: These pilots would have been readily fired in Europe or North America after this poor performance.

News article and link to the story below:

Philippine aviation authorities Tuesday suspended two pilots from budget carrier Cebu Pacific after their plane overshot a runway, saying they should have aborted the landing and failed to evacuate the aircraft which could have exploded.

The plane skidded off the runway in bad weather on June 2, coming to a halt on muddy ground beside the tarmac at the airport in the southern city of Davao.

All 165 people on board escaped unharmed, but angry passengers have criticised the pilots and crew, saying they were given no assistance despite the turmoil inside the plane after the terrifying landing.

Releasing the results of an initial investigation, the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) criticised the two pilots for a series of lapses.

'Carpe Diem'

Philippine pilots slammed over Cebu runway accident | Airline and Aviation Forums | Airnation.net Social Hangar (http://airnation.net/hangar/threads/philippine-pilots-slammed-over-cebu-runway-accident.5085/)

ironbutt57
27th Jun 2013, 16:04
Why would have it exploded?

St. Ex
2nd Jul 2013, 23:59
It's a whitewash. The pilots became fall guys/ scapegoats to save the company's reputation. Not getting fired is part of the 'golden parachute' in exchange for admission of guilt.

synchbus
3rd Jul 2013, 10:23
St Ex.
Not sure I agree with you.