PDA

View Full Version : Qantas recruitment

babird
30th Apr 2002, 23:07
Anyone in the know about how and when to find out recruitment dates for Qantas or Australian airlines (supposedly recruiting in May?)
Would appreciate any info!
Happy flying

stormywx
1st May 2002, 02:20
See http://www.australianairlines.com.au/employment.html re AO. They will be recruiting from June/July.

QF is currently recruiting ex AN FA's for casual positions, there is no news re further recruitment for full time staff at this time.

Cheers

nickmelb
3rd May 2002, 09:10
speaking of QF recruitment...does anyone know about the walk in interviews that QF may be doing in June/July?

stormywx
3rd May 2002, 12:06
For QF or AO? They will be conducting walkin interviews for AO in June/July across Australia.

Evacu8
4th May 2002, 08:15
Have just been told by HR that there are no plans for future external recruitment this year for long haul. (They just did an interview round for ex AN f/as for the PER base - 22 positions I believe).

Also, all future shorthaul positions will be casual, employed through MAM (contracted to QF ie not QF employees).

We still have quite a large short-list (people who have passed all the interviews, medicals etc and are waiting for a start date - they were interviewed August last year!!!) for both long and short-haul, which I believe they will look at actioning later this year - if more crew are needed.

Aussie will be recruiting later this year, but I believe they will be looking for langauage speakers only for the first recruitment (Level 4 Japanese). Plus the possibility of overseas based crew, may reduce the number of Australian based crew required.

Thats all I have heard about recruitment!!

Hope this helps :)

But like everything else at QF, it could change.

I believe we are looking at a major expansion into Europe???

vdd
5th May 2002, 07:45
while we're on the subject and because this airline looks like the next one to start recruiting.......... is anyone going to apply for Australian Airlines? (even if u can't speak Japanese).

Anyone know what sort of recruitment process/style they might have i.e. similar to QF or because it's low budget more like Virgin Blue?

Cheers