PDA

View Full Version : Tracking cookie on ipad3

nitro rig driver
23rd Jun 2013, 19:01
I have this annoying pop up/cookie thing (ad.yieldmanger.com) that pops up twice on one particular forum that I use every time I refresh or click a different thread,it wants me to download a game from the apple app site which I already have and use..
I have pop ups turned off,cleared history and cache,have even cleared all settings and data and restored to factory settings,all no help ..
Goggle searches have only told how to remove from a mac computer but not a ipad..

Any ideas or have I missed something obvious :{

Milo Minderbinder
23rd Jun 2013, 20:10
I presume you are using Safari to browse?
Install Mozilla instead and use the Adblock Plus and Adblock Plus popup extension plugins. Worth taking a look at the No-Script plugin as well

It could also be worth securing the device with this

avast! SecureLine for iOS | Secure Wi-Fi with VPN for iPhone/iPad (http://www.avast.com/secureline-ios)

nitro rig driver
26th Jun 2013, 05:27
Thanks for the reply

Have tried the same but with another VPN with the same results...
Am unable to find Mozilla for iPad either....

mixture
26th Jun 2013, 07:15
Am unable to find Mozilla for iPad either....

Firefox's incompetent developers have not yet managed to figure out how to code a web browser for iPad / iPhone, despite many others managing perfectly well to build web browsers for the platform.

Perhaps try one of the other third-party browsers if Safari isn't working out for you.

nitro rig driver
26th Jun 2013, 08:07
It's not that safari is not working for me,it's just one particular website/chat forum that is causing the issue,,everything else is ok,,,,never used to but has had this annoying advert link appearing for the last 2 weeks or so..
And only within this site,every time I go to different thread or try to post,up it pops and I have to cancel it twice before I can continue....

And yes it's a legit site,not some dodgy one:ok:

pierrefridez
26th Jun 2013, 10:50
Not using an ipad I might be completely off, but: on iphone safari, you can disable cookies from settings ->safari and then checking off the "allow cookies" option.
Rgrds