PDA

View Full Version : Squawk 7700 EXS557

TerrierMcD
23rd Jun 2013, 07:37
Fr24 at 0830 Jet2/titan airways A320 LS557 NCL-AGP heading south then turned back north descended to 7500ft over channel then heading to Brest Bretagne Airport at 2500ft 150mph

Load Toad
23rd Jun 2013, 08:15
Thanks - what do you want us to do....?

Are you going to do this everytime you spot an 'interesting' squawk code...?

TerrierMcD
23rd Jun 2013, 08:22
Just sharing info. If your not interested then fine but doesn't mean to say other people aren't. Thought this a forum where freedom of speech was allowed. Next time I'll run any posts by you before I post!

Hotel Tango
23rd Jun 2013, 08:25
Oh for goodness sake please keep your FR24 sightings to yourself. Those who want to know have their own FR24 application running and already know. The rest of us frankly don't care a hoot.

Hotel Tango
23rd Jun 2013, 08:26
Next time I'll run any posts by you before I post!

:ok: Excellent idea!

spannersatcx
23rd Jun 2013, 08:27
I would suspect those that are interested will be tracking them anyway.

And no freedom of speech is not allowed, that's why they have moderators.

Dash8driver1312
23rd Jun 2013, 08:27
I love seeing the FR24 posters on here and Airliners net...makes me wonder how many folks spend their days just watching the scanner and demonstrating their armchair wisdom!

barry lloyd
23rd Jun 2013, 09:44
Terrier McD:

Welcome to the balcony. Now that you've survived the beasting, maybe I can offer some help, safe in the knowledge that as long as you're watching FR24 we can be sure that you're not setting fire to mosques, running off to France with a schoolgirl or aiming laser beams at pilots on final approach.

I seem to remember reading recently that 75% of these 7700 squawks are for medical emergencies and from my own experience, I'd say this was pretty accurate. What I have noticed is that there are a lot more than say 10 years ago. I have no idea why this should be, but I can't help wondering whether airlines are looking ever more closely at this, because the costs and inconvenience involved are considerable.

Load Toad
23rd Jun 2013, 09:54
I find it 'ghoulish'.

The only squawk codes posted are one that imply some problem. That to me implies a voyeur of others (potential) misfortune.

I've checked FR several times & noted these squawk codes to be not that unusual.

It's not an interest in aircraft, airlines or flying - its an interest in calamity.

TerrierMcD
23rd Jun 2013, 09:59
Thanks Barry,

I admit to having an "interest" in airlines and civilian as well as military aircraft but I'm far from a spotter or knowledgeable about many aspects. I have fr24 as an interest but don't spend my days constantly on it as some seem to think. Mainly I track my forthcoming holiday flights and living near Leeds Bradford like to see what's around me.

You're right as many are medical related just with few recent events and sudden descent thought may be interesting to some people.
Apologies if I have offended anyone with my mundane post and comments. I will leave those obviously more knowledgeable than I to educate us mere mortals.

gorter
23rd Jun 2013, 11:59
Terrier,

Have a good read of Load Toad's post. I hope I'm not too presumptuous, but I would say that 99% of all professional pilots feel exactly the way he does. It's a ghoulish desire to report a potential serious incident. "Look at me I was first!"

By all means look at FR, but don't post on here every time you see a 7x00 code. Those that don't know will speculate and those that do won't discuss it. If it is of value to the aviation community as a whole it will be reported in full and accurately once a full investigation has been completed by a competent authority.

You may have caught me on a bad day but i am fed up of every single decision i make as a professional pilot being dissected and second guessed by arm-chair hacks.

reportyourlevel
23rd Jun 2013, 13:11
By all means look at FR, but don't post on here every time you see a 7x00 code.

Can you imagine if someone started a thread every time they saw a 7000!

Phileas Fogg
23rd Jun 2013, 13:42
http://blog.getyourguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/7000-w1.jpg

goldox
23rd Jun 2013, 20:22
Gorter,
As a spotter, may I say that's a well balanced and moderated reply.
Better than just outright flaming.