PDA

View Full Version : Things I got away with at.........

STANDTO
30th Apr 2002, 20:17
On the back of the high heels thread (page 4) I thought it might be a jape if persons unknown might post things they got away with at IOT/FTS or other. Any takers? :)

jaffad
30th Apr 2002, 20:41
A commission

STANDTO
30th Apr 2002, 21:01
Not an overseas student, per chance?

C130KBloke
30th Apr 2002, 21:01
Got away with trashing a window one Sat night/ Sun morning at Halton during Bikini Amber thingy. Twas a working weekend the following Sat/Sun anyway (when I replaced it!!) during which the OC thought I was wasted as an Appo and should be something else instead...

Well I am Aircrew now!!!

Regards to Most...SFS

Mike RO'Channel
30th Apr 2002, 22:45
I seem to remember, albeit hazily, driving back to No2 Mess from CHOM after a post-RAFC v RMA rugby match I played in. Was so piddled that I had to 'follow' the curb-stones around CHOM to get to Lighter-than-Air Road. However, I got lost, ended up on the Orange so stopped to get bearings (lighthouse gave it away). To my shame, had a pee ivo Reviwing Officer dias area, got back into car, drove to East Camp - guards at both gates waved me through! If I'd been nabbed, that would have ended an ingloroious career but would have saved me a whole lot of hurt and pain during last 15 yrs!
The memory was worth the hangover and every time I see a grad, it makes me laugh! These days they leave the dias up, so not possible now!:confused:

Arkroyal
1st May 2002, 16:49
'Entertaining' a young lady in me car in the covered car park at Dartmouth as the security patrol bimbled by!

Well, we were told 'never under the white ensign. It was after sunset and it'd been hauled down!'

opso
1st May 2002, 19:54
I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to whoever it was on the 109 IOTC grad that was 'making the beast with two backs' with his young lady in the middle of the Orange about about 0400 after the grad ball. My guest was the young lady that ran across to you, lay on the grass beside you to get a better look and yelled to me 'That's a good idea - let's do that!'. I know that it ruined your rhythm as you were re-robing as we left!

Just to rub it in - I had a really good time in the bushed to the east of the Orange about 3 minutes later!

Top Bunk Tester
1st May 2002, 20:20
Remember one grad night (1981) when all of the "Sirs" were invading Daedelous House (Old student accom, Grey House, near Med Centre) armed with two glasses and bottle of Moet. I was a knocker then (SAC) and was getting merrilly pi55ed in the Bubbly Club (Sub Aqua) alongside two, now highly ranked, BEngOs. We got a tray of drinks and marched next door. 15 minutes later, I'm in bed with trainee ATCO. Trouble was that those grads who didn't get past first base bubbled those that did.............narrowly avoided CM thanks to friendly OC Bubbly.............happy days!:cool:

kippermate
1st May 2002, 21:41
I always get caught !!!
:(

Sideshow Bob
2nd May 2002, 09:58
I would love to write down some of the things I've done, but since my Boss has worked out who Sideshow Bob is and I've only just got my shiny new LS & GC medel, I think I'd better keep stum.;)

dazbo
2nd May 2002, 10:14
My 1st SATCO told me on arrival that as a Pilot Officer if I was not in his office once a week for a b0llocking then I was not enjoying myself. However, I had to tell him about any trouble before he got the 'call' and he would 'deal with it himself'. If I was late I would get it twice as bad.

True to his word, whenever I was in the pooh he would take the call.....'Yes Sir.......he did what?...........leave it to me.........(clunk as phone went down)........t0sser' or somesuch.

Problem was I ended up confessing everything every Monday to him which left me open to much winding up as the b@stard (bless him) had a vicious sense of humour!:mad:

...but I had a bloody good time:D :D

kbf1
2nd May 2002, 22:28
Goat......

Stencil.....

Green Spray Paint........

You fill in the blanks :D

Four Seven Eleven
2nd May 2002, 22:33
KBF1

I managed to fill in the blanks but.... I still haven't worked out what you did with the stencil and the spray paint!:D :D

ShyTorque
2nd May 2002, 23:55
At RAF Henlow (IOT, late 1970s) used to be the two Lightning prototypes (P1A & P1B, both in unpainted metal) which flanked the parade square. We were ordered to polish them for the next graduation. It was very hard work, all done by hand. The night before the grad parade we decided to move an old Vampire hulk to join them. It was on the far side of the camp, about a quarter of a mile away and hadn't moved for years so the tyres were flat. The move involved pushing it across the main road (which separated the two halves of the camp) in the dark and I remember holding up the traffic about a quarter to midnight as the ghostly hulk was manhandled across. The staff had a big sense of humour failure next a.m. and we were ordered to remove it. It took a lot more effort to push it back out of sight of the cameras and the reviewing officer!

Shortly afterwards, at Linton on Ouse (BFTS) we stripped an unpopular QFI's room and rebuilt it on the (immaculate) lawn in front of the Offrs Mess during our senior course's grad dining out, complete with his standard lamp etc.

The bed looked very empty so a few of us lifted one of the (authentic) cannon off its carriage at the front of the Mess, put it to bed and covered it up for the night.

Unfortunately, by the next morning the weight of the cannon had caused the bed to collapse and sink into the lawn. The guilty were soon ordered to remove it but we couldn't pull it out. The SWO had to hire an Iron Fairy crane to pull it out in the end.
Yes, we did pay for the crane.

Strange how strong a few (well, a lot then) drinks makes young pilots....:rolleyes:

Arkroyal
3rd May 2002, 14:16
Shyte

How odd. Afew of us moved a cannon into the RM officer's mess at Arbroath, and simply could not shift it when sober! Think we avoided the cost of a crane by using a Sea King 4:D

Sideshow,

Buck up man. How did he work out who you were after so few posts?:rolleyes:

5ftBounce
3rd May 2002, 19:58
Must be some guys with UAS stories to tell??

Any takers?

Legalapproach
3rd May 2002, 20:26
Arriving in the mess at Odiham, dumping my kit and going into the bar where I met and proceeded to drink with a Big Scotsman, a Scouser......... apparently there was some big wig visiting the next day and a certain amount of flack about the state of/damage to the bar. Having only just arrived no one knew who I was and so wasn't invited to any of the hats on conversations that I believed followed.

high spirits
4th May 2002, 09:35
Anyone know the identities of the notorious NGMW (Naked Gas Mask Warriors ) of 151 IOT? Rumour has it that they had some very high ranking connections..... Legends in their own respirators!

Gash Handlin
5th May 2002, 12:48
Well there was the time that the last Harry Staish of a grass airfield in the middle of England was dined out.

The mess was being closed in just a few weeks so we studes decided that there was probably no need for the nice big table to stay in the entrance foyer, it would have looked far nicer in our crewroom. we proceeded to move it and managed to get it as far as the tennis courts before we got bored and went looking for a smaller souvenir (The tennis court was in the wrong direction for our crewroom but then EMUAS never did win the Nav part of the DHT!!)

Our CGI at the time had often told us how much he wanted a barometer (sp??) so being the dutiful types we were we decided to aquire one of them instead. Unfortunately the Snowdrops didnt quite see it like that, needless to say there were very few studes about the next day, we were all to busy trying to remember where we hid all the stuff we liberated.

When I left the squadron the boss still had the sign that used to be outside Harry's house hiding in his front room, aparently the neighbours had taken exception to us putting up on his lawn :D