PDA

View Full Version : Jet Airways Hiring Trainee First Officer 2013

cyrilroy21
21st Jun 2013, 12:19
Trainee First Officer

Candidate Profile

Height : 162.5 cms (Minimum)

Weight : In proportion to height

Educational Qualification : Valid and current Indian DGCA CPL, FRTO, IR/LR, RTR (A) and Class I medical

Interactive skills : Excellent communication and good interpersonal skills

Language skills : Fluency in English and Hindi

-Must possess a valid Indian passport.

-The candidates appearing for this examination shall be required to pay an amount of Rs. 2500/- (non-refundable) towards examination fee vide Demand Draft or Pay Order.

-Jet Airways shall not entertain any claim whatsoever in this regard.

-Kindly note that shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo Typerating (Self Sponsored) on any specific fleet subject to the requirements of the Company.

-Kindly note that hard copies and email copies will not be accepted.

Apply online folks :ok:
Tentative date for the exam is 21st July

Jet Airways | Careers (http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Careers/Vacancies.aspx#TraineeFirstOfficer)

cyrilroy21
21st Jun 2013, 13:06
While applying please double check the email ID you fill in for any errors

Most application form usually ask for the email ID twice so that they catch any errors while filling the form

After applying you should get a reference number which you have to note down and keep with you

Phoenix_89
21st Jun 2013, 13:15
need a bit of help.

I have filled the application and got a reference number..however i have forgotten to put my IR details...is there any way i can rectify this.. or should i speak with the HR at Jet Airways itself...:ugh:

capt.ace
21st Jun 2013, 13:30
what is the procedure for fees deposit

spoolkick
21st Jun 2013, 13:41
whats up with Rs. 2500/- DD ??
how to pay?

cyrilroy21
21st Jun 2013, 13:42
@Phoenix_89

Are you sure you forgot to input the IR details ?

If you notice there is a little red star on the IR column . Thats means if you dont input anything the application wont let you proceed forward

I had a friend who tried to skip the IR part and the application would not let him proceed forward

@capt.ace

How to pay for the exam the details should be sent via email when they send roll number etc . You most likely will have to take a DD in their name and submit it on the day of the exam

Phoenix_89
21st Jun 2013, 13:59
cyril im sure i left it blank bro..but if sucessfully gave me a reference number..or i must have entered the CPL number itself..phew what a mess..theres a star against the Number, Date of Issue etc..

i think ill shoot a mail to the HR so see what can be done.

spoolkick
21st Jun 2013, 16:30
And they have started asking for fee. Previously there were no fee to appear for written examination! :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: Can't help it though.

pilot.india
21st Jun 2013, 18:42
Looks like people whose IR lapsed before June 2012 cant apply...

HOW DID SUCH PEOPLE (WHOSE IR LAPSED BEFORE 06/12) SUBMITTED THEIR APPLICATION WHEN YOU CANNOT INPUT A DATE BEFORE JUNE 2012.

ANYTHING ON IT GUYS.

cyrilroy21
21st Jun 2013, 19:01
@pilot.india

As of now this seems to some sort of systems glitch . It will only be fixed by HR Dept and unfortunately they are closed for the weekend and can only come back by Monday

I believe word has gotten through to the HR Dept that issue exists . Hopefully they will fix it soon...

Perhaps you should send an email to [email protected] and highlight the issue

pilot.india
21st Jun 2013, 19:23
Then i guess there is some technical glitch in the system cause you cannot input a date before june 2012.

How do we deal with that. what date should you put if its lapsed before June 2012.

And even if we put date like After june 2012 ..its still lapsed isnt it.
Dosent make sense then..

Plus the add mentions the following thing :

Candidate Profile

Height : 162.5 cms (Minimum)
Weight : In proportion to height
Educational Qualification : Valid and current Indian DGCA CPL, FRTO, IR/LR, RTR (A) and Class I medical
Interactive skills : Excellent communication and good interpersonal skills
Language skills : Fluency in English and Hindi.

Lets hope this is a technical glitch and it solved quickly.

Good luck

cyrilroy21
22nd Jun 2013, 03:02
If you read the older the thread for Trainee FO you would find that they too faced the same situation

Eventually the HR emailed back saying that you dont need a current / valid IR

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-wannabes/438824-jet-airways-trainee-first-officer-12.html#post6219230

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-wannabes/438824-jet-airways-trainee-first-officer-18.html#post6242501

rainbow_world
22nd Jun 2013, 08:53
How long does it take to receive an email from the HR department if they have received the application or not?

av8r76
22nd Jun 2013, 11:27
What's with the need for fluency in Hindi? Don't want to start a North/South debate but I find this requirement a tad discriminatory. Don't see a reason for this since all business in Jet is conducted in English and as per recent events, Arabic:E

Good luck to all.

DJ Flyboy
22nd Jun 2013, 12:35
Can somebody please give jet hr no..

SIERRA29
22nd Jun 2013, 14:49
Hopefully Jet Airways HR do correct this Error regarding the expiry date of the IR , As mentioned earlier one cannot select a date prior to June 2012( my Ir expired in July 2010) and also the application is not accepted if you leave that box blank ( i tried :ugh:)

Now if they don't fix it is when the problem arises.. and here is my QUESTION :
Is it ok to just select the first avail date and just submit the application or will we be in trouble after that ??:confused:

cyrilroy21
22nd Jun 2013, 15:02
For those of you facing the IR issue please wait

Senior Manager in HR has been notified and they have agreed to fix it . So please wait till Monday or tuesday

Also when you fill in your email ID please double check it before you hit the submit button
Most application forms ask for the email ID twice in order to catch any errors while typing
Unfortunately the Jet Airways application form only asks for the email ID once

So please double check it before hitting the submit button

3greens 1inthemirror
22nd Jun 2013, 15:50
on one hand they mention on the front that Valid and current Indian DGCA CPL, FRTO, IR/LR, RTR (A) and Class I medical

on the other ..they are accepting all applications that have IR expired on or even after 22 June 2012. This means someone who has done their on June 2011 can legally apply.. (ie 2 years since they gave the IR check) .. how is this IR being current?

If they strictly want IR current, they should restrict this to the Date of Issue column.. allowing no entries before June 2012. that would make IR current!

But I truly hope this doesn't happen.. as most of the candidates don't have IR current. I urge everyone to write to HR requesting them to remove this clause. The more the voices heard, the better!

It could be a time taking task getting IR current and by the time it gets endorsed the application window may be closed + it could be an expensive affair for those who have multi IR.

The hr email id is -
[email protected]
[email protected]

cyrilroy21
23rd Jun 2013, 08:14
For those of you with RTR P and RTR C licenses dont hesitate to apply

Jet Airways HR will accept it like they did last time in 2011 :ok:

gambol
23rd Jun 2013, 16:18
How long will jet Airways take to recruit all the selected candidates out of this recruitment ? 2 years ?? 3 years ?? Well, the question just comes out of curiosity as all the candidates who were selected after the 2011 Jet Airways trainee exam have not been recruited yet or being recruited. whoahh 2 and a half years for the recruitment. Selected candidates patiently waited and did not leave for the type rating in hope for the recruitment.
On the other hand type rated candidates after their rounds of exams, checks and interview were recruited and released in a rush.They were not asked to wait and did not wait long as compared to selected 2011 trainee pilots.

I really want an answer from Jet Airways regarding this matter.

All this made me to go for the type rating, it made me to play the gamble, it urged me to take the chance ,which in most cases had worked for the type rated lots. I was about to leave for the Type rating and this opening came.

Honestly, My heart and mind is not in the current 2013 opening as previous 2011 batch are still being interviewed , so no one can really predict when 2013 batch will be hired, but again no other option, this is a great opportunity for the CPL holders. I just hate the wait time, but its better to wait after the selection than to never get hired.

I do not intent to demoralise anyone but I just wrote what the reality is. Sad, but this is what Aviation industry is all about.

All said and done. I wish all the very best to everyone for the Jet Airways Exam, lets hope jet airways doesn't take too long for this recruitment.

cyrilroy21
24th Jun 2013, 09:37
Those of you who have applied for the DGCA CPL and waiting for its approval can apply for this recruitment as well

On the day of the exam you can show the DGCA Cover letter as proof of having applied for the CPL

You might have to enter some bogus information for the CPL number( 00000) or your DGCA File Number in order to get through
Edit : Mention in the Hobbies section that your CPL is under process...
I would suggest you put the date you applied for CPL as the date of issue and 5 years from that as the date of expiry

For the IR enter the date of the IR check for IR issue and one year from that as date for expiry
If you have done IR check on two different airplanes , enter one you last flew

genie081
25th Jun 2013, 08:00
Hi,

Does anyone know if Jet would allow a candidate whose RTR(P) has expired?

Also, I am unable to enter my IR expiry which was back in 2010. Can I add any random date of 2012 as expiry?

Thanks!

aviator3233
25th Jun 2013, 13:53
Can anyone please tell me wat to study for the exam ??
thanks

cyrilroy21
25th Jun 2013, 14:17
Jet airways has finally removed the date of expiry for all licenses . So I dont think anyone should have an issue applying for the position any more :ok:

@aviator3233

Read this thread

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-wannabes/517581-jet-airways-cpl-exam-2013-study-material.html

capt.ace
25th Jun 2013, 18:34
those who have applied at first time without any problem with current ir.do they need to apply again.

cyrilroy21
25th Jun 2013, 18:58
Those who applied and successfully received a Reference Number need not apply again
Just focus on your studies for now :ok:

pheonix11
26th Jun 2013, 07:04
I accidently typed DGCA as the issuing authority for RTR licence. Could that create a problem? Should/Could I resubmit the form?
Also, how long does it take for them to send us e-mail confirmations?

AviatorHere
26th Jun 2013, 09:06
This is going to be my first exam for any airline, and feel a little lost and clueless.

Those who are better informed than me, what study material would you suggest? (Other than CPL notes, GSPs, Jepp charts). Should I brush up on most of CPL syllabus? Anything additional? What should I focus on?

I am going to Delhi for next 2 days and I want to take advantage by buying books that you guys would suggest.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

flyygirl
26th Jun 2013, 12:30
Thanks cyril you are of much help:D:D:D

cyrilroy21
26th Jun 2013, 23:12
@pheonix11

Minor errors do not make much of a difference . As long you have a reference number you are good to go
By applying again they are only going to send out two roll numbers to the same person

Confirmation emails are not being sent as of now . When the time comes you will be sent an email with roll number , date of exam and venue

@AviatorHere

I have given a link in a few posts above . Just read that thread . Airline recruitment methods vary from airline to airline . Jet Airways has one of the longest recruitment methods ( 5 stages ) but thats also because they call everyone who apply

For more info read the 2011 recruitment here
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-wannabes/438824-jet-airways-trainee-first-officer.html

@flygirl

You are welcome :)

AviatorHere
28th Jun 2013, 05:38
Thank you Cyril, I was accessing the forum from my phone, I missed your post at the time of asking.

All the best to my fellow low timer pilots.

Capt.Abhishek.S
30th Jun 2013, 17:29
from where to study Hydraulics ,Air Conditioning ?

I know they ask only basic stuff,but still,which books are recommended ?

mothwing
30th Jun 2013, 17:43
scroll up and read cyril's post

cyrilroy21
1st Jul 2013, 05:21
@Capt.Abhishek.S

Hydraulics and Air Conditioning would fall under airframes and systems . There is also a Keith Williams Aircraft General Knowledge book that has a question bank for airframes and systems
Its available at the English Book store in delhi or sterling book house in Mumbai

@everyone else

Tentative exam date is on the 21st July unless otherwise notified by email by HR

pkboeing
1st Jul 2013, 13:24
Exam is going to be held on 28th JULY..:ok:

cyrilroy21
1st Jul 2013, 13:32
@pkboeing

How reliable is your source ?

I heard a similar rumour because they were unable to finalise a place in Delhi on the 21st July because of the huge number of candidates in delhi

pkboeing
2nd Jul 2013, 04:44
Words from HR dept is that exams are going to b conducted on 31st july..but the problem is that 31st is wednesday and one cannot get classrooms for so many candidates in a school..so it has to b conducted on a sunday..but this is sure that the exam is going to b conducted in the month of july...

cyrilroy21
9th Jul 2013, 11:27
Emails have been sent out for 21st July for Chennai location

Roll No: XXXX

Dear Mr. Pilot,

This is with reference to your application for the position of Trainee First Officer.

As a part of the pilot selection process, you are requested to appear for a written examination scheduled on Sunday, July 21st 2013.

Reporting time: 0900 hours.

Venue:

Bharath University,
173 Agharam Road
Selaiyur,
Tambaram,

Chennai - 600 073.

The Written Test will cover the following modules:

a) Domain Aptitude Test consisting of Technical, Performance, Instruments, Navigation, Radio Aids, Air Regulation and Meteorology
b) Mental ability tests

Duration : 4 hours 30 minutes

Candidates must bring pen, pencils & eraser to answer the multiple choice, objective type Tests.

Computer, PDA, Spy pen, camera, Electronic storage/memory devices, hands free, ear phone and any other similar equipment and devices are strictly NOT ALLOWED in the Examination hall.

Mobile phone has to be STRICTLY in the POWER OFF mode through-out the duration of the written Test is not permitted inside the Examination hall.
Any violation of the above and or any attempt to adopt any unfair means will summarily disqualify the candidate.

You will be eligible to appear for the written examination subject to you fulfilling the following criteria:

1. You should be an Indian national.
2. You have a valid Indian Commercial Pilots License (CPL) (Carry your Indian CPL) OR Have applied for conversion of foreign licence to Indian CPL. (Proof of application for conversion is a MUST)
3. You are born on or after 21st July 1978.
4. Carry this call letter along with a photo I.D. (Indian CPL or Passport Only)
5. Cheque Rs. 2,500/- (Rupees Two Thousand Five Hundred Only) drawn in favour of Jet Airways (I) Limited towards examination fee. Kindly note that this amount is non-refundable. You are also required to carry 2 photocopies of the cheque alongwith the original cheque. Cash payment is not acceptable.

You will have to make your own arrangements for travel, conveyance and accommodation.

Wish you success.
Yours sincerely,

For JET AIRWAYS (I) LTD

HR DEPARTMENT

Three.Green
10th Jul 2013, 04:56
anyone from DELHI got letters yet? or have any idea when the Delhi folks might expect them?

cyrilroy21
10th Jul 2013, 05:45
Call letters are being sent out for Delhi Candidates , you should receive them sooner or later . They are sending it out on a first come first serve basis . Date of exam 21st July like I mentioned earlier..

Venue :

Army Public School
Shankar Vihar (Near Mahipalpur)
Delhi Cantt

New Delhi – 110010.

Three.Green
10th Jul 2013, 11:38
I just got my call letter now. The date and venue mentioned above for Delhi is correct :ok:

@cyrilroy does the 2500/- cheque need to be a DD or can it be a personal cheque?

EDIT: never mind... I re-read .. its DD

cyrilroy21
10th Jul 2013, 13:01
@Three.Green

On the Jet Website its given DD . But on the email they sent it says Cheque...

Three.Green
10th Jul 2013, 13:04
yeah.. that's why I was confused; I think. Its probably best to take both yeah? :ugh:

happilyflyinghigh
10th Jul 2013, 14:06
" Cheque Rs. 2,500/- (Rupees Two Thousand Five Hundred Only) drawn in favour of Jet Airways (I) Limited towards examination fee. Kindly note that this amount is non-refundable. You are also required to carry 2 photocopies of the cheque alongwith the original cheque. "

the admit letter says its to be done through cheque. I don't think we need to make a DD. we'll be carrying the admit letter anyways in case there is any issue regarding this.

jehan
11th Jul 2013, 05:03
Has anybody from Mumbai got a call letter for the exam???

Please Update
Thanks.

ankit9690
11th Jul 2013, 05:07
Hi everyone, Does anyone have an idea on what the Jet exam emphasizes upon except the logical reasoning part based on the past exams? Also, do they include PFD, EFIS, INS/IRS, AWR, FMS in their exams? This would be my first attempt for any airline exam, requesting guidance.

virus90
11th Jul 2013, 06:45
@ankit 9690 : Dont worry too much about the exam, the more you think about it the more tensed and anxious u will get.. Just study all your CPL notes and also book number 13 ( principles of flight) from oxford.. and no , they do not ask such questions.. atleast we were not asked...
Give your best baakee leave it god.. whatever has to happen will happen
Cheers buddy and all the best

cyrilroy21
11th Jul 2013, 12:05
Emails have started to go out for Mumbai as well

So far

Chennai Candidates roll numbers start at 9XXX

Delhi Candidates roll numbers start at 7XXX and has already crossed 8XXX

Mumbai has started at 5XXX

Bangalore candidates are being sent to Chennai like last time

cyrilroy21
13th Jul 2013, 08:03
Something useful....

Jet Airways Trainee First Officer 2008 exam questions (http://www.scribd.com/doc/153530713/Jet-Airways-Trainee-First-Officer-2008-exam-questions)

Jet Airways Trainee First Officer 2010 exam (http://www.scribd.com/doc/153531454/Jet-Airways-Trainee-First-Officer-2010-exam)

cyrilroy21
13th Jul 2013, 14:54
Is there anyone here whose CPL is under process and has/has not received the email from Jet ?

Please let me know the date you applied for the exam and venue...

Three.Green
15th Jul 2013, 06:59
Are we allowed to takes E6Bs and CX2 to the exam hall? :8

It doesn't mention those items on the list.

3greens 1inthemirror
15th Jul 2013, 09:19
it says 'Computer' is not allowed, I'm guessing it refers to E6B and CX2.

What about Calculators? They must be allowed?

mothwing
15th Jul 2013, 09:26
I asked some of the guys who wrote previously and they said calculators were not allowed.

flybird003
15th Jul 2013, 12:05
I have applied for the Jet and successfully got my Ref no. too..but dint get the call letter from them yet! are they still in process of sending out the letter??

cyrilroy21
15th Jul 2013, 13:04
@flybird003

Try sending an email to [email protected] and mention the location you applied for and reference number as well

flybird003
16th Jul 2013, 04:10
@ cyrilroy21 thank you i have just mailed them givin my ref no. and location applied for. Lets c:rolleyes:

Vivek jain
16th Jul 2013, 05:29
In the mental ability test for the TFo exam do they even have qs's related to series completion of numeric ..eg- 1 4 9 16 ...complete th series ???:confused:

Johny Boy
16th Jul 2013, 06:48
^^ Non Verbal Reasoning was asked in Jet's last 2 exams.

@CyrilRoy

What is confusion regarding exam fee's ?

Tango Alpha November
16th Jul 2013, 09:34
Hey is anybody from Mumbai still waiting for their call letter from Jet?
@ cyril, my IR is still under process and I haven't received a call back. Could that be a possible hold up?

The Assassin
16th Jul 2013, 21:27
Demand draft or a Cheque towards the examination fee ???

and if a demand draft is to be made , then the demand draft drawn to be payable at which city??

Vivek jain
17th Jul 2013, 03:59
ThankQ:ok:

rahul_r_liferocks
18th Jul 2013, 15:27
Still not clear, DD or Cheque ..PLease advice ASAP. and really appreciate for the previour years paper

cyrilroy21
18th Jul 2013, 16:04
Stick with the Cheque because thats what is mentioned in the email .
Get two photocopies of the filled in Cheque as well

Use 21 / 07 / 2013 ( the day of the exam for the date on the cheque )

Bring your Cheque book as well ( just in case your cheque gets damaged or you make a mistake while filling it and they dont accept it for some reason )

The reason people ask for DD is
1. It was mentioned in the original ad on the website
2. With a DD you dont have to maintain a min balance of 2500 rupees in your bank account until the day they cash the cheque

Since the email says Cheque , stick to Cheque....

@Tango Alpha November

send an email to [email protected] . Show a scanned copy of the DGCA receipt and mention the reference number you got when you applied

rahul_r_liferocks
18th Jul 2013, 16:20
Thanks cyril bro. hope i m able to crack this paper in 1st attempt . if any tips ,, keep it flowing .:ok:

Chalksoff
22nd Jul 2013, 06:25
Would anyone have any idea how Jet Airways set their cut off? Does each paper from the 5 have a 70% cut off? Or do they take an aggregate score over 5 papers and then select a cut off?

aviator3233
22nd Jul 2013, 12:04
Anyone who has given the jet exam earlier, what do they ask in the group discussion round ?
Thank you

cyrilroy21
27th Jul 2013, 20:43
Here are some of the questions asked for the Jet Airways 2013 exam . All this has been written down from memory and lots of pilots contributed towards it . Thanks to the members of the Ghost Aviators group for bringing forward such a collection

P.S : Few errors might have crept in so please do let us know regarding the same . Please check your reference books as well for the correct answer

JET AIRWAYS 2013 SESSION QUESTIONS

1. Shape of earth : Ellipsoid

2. How many segments constitute an instrument approach? 3, 4, 5, 6? Ans: 5 (arrival, initial, intermediate, final,
missed approach)

3. Ohms Law – Statement.

4. What is the voltage if current of 300mA is passed through resistor of 20 ohms?

5. TAS is 150. Crosswind is 50. What is the GS? 200, 150, 100, 50?

6. A/C weight is 908 kg. Load applied is 6000 lb. What is the load factor? 2G, 3G, 5G?

7. Unit of Capacitance.

8. ZIGZAG is the call sign used by? Aircraft doing Search and Rescue.

9. How many ADIZ are there?

10. Which clouds gives continuous rain?

11. TSI Principle

12. Geostrophic wind, how does it blow? a) Parallel to straight isobars b)Parallel to curved isobars and two other
options

13. Manouvering Speed: Va

14. Bourdon tube is used to measure? ( Ans : Pressure and Temperature )

15. Maximum % of water vapor in the atmosphere ( options a)1% b) 4% )

16. Clearance for high altitude flight above the sea or water body is given by? DGCA, Operator, State of Registration,
FIC over high seas?

17. Validity of ATPL Medical ( age above 40 or below 40 no mentioned )

18. Aircraft flying on easterly heading at 30 N at 200kts. What will DI show?

19. In which layer of atmosphere is ozone layer present? Stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, troposphere?

20. Time at 60° East is 1530. What is the time at 30° West?

21. You are taking off from R/W 088 variation 2 E winds 030/15. You will get a) 10 knots tailwind b) 10 knots
headwind c) 17.4 knots crosswind

22. How much distance you cover while covering 8Degree long at equator?

23. Height of Troposphere above equator?

24. You are flying with indicated 150 knots, Abeam crosswind of 50 Knots. What is your TAS?

25. Tokyo convention of 1975 deals with?

26. Continuous heavy rains are found in which clouds?

27. Aircraft Operations comes under which CAR Section? Section 8

28. Pitot-static vents are connected with which all instruments? a) Altimeter, b) Cabin Altimeter, c) ASI , d) Cabin
rate of change of indicator, e) VSI

29. Fog and westerly disturbances.

30. The gas that is found in the greatest amount in the atmosphere? Nitrogen

31. Working principle of Radio Altimeter.

32. Primary engine instrument? Fuel flow, Tachometer, Torque meter, Air speed?

33. Dihedral angle is measured by?

34. Best L/D ratio gives? Max endurance, Max range,...2 other options

35. If an aircraft enters a prohibited area, the pilot may be cautioned of the same by: The firing of projectiles
showing Red and Green Stars on bursting.

36. Echo has frequency of 900 microseconds. What is the range?

37. What all factors determine the stalling speed of aircraft?

38. Longitudes are measured? (east n west of equator, east n west of Prime meridian,*,*)

39. What is the function of stalling strip?

40. When do we hear aural warning? (When about to enter stall, Stall imminent, and 2 more options)

41. Chord of wing definition

42. Compass Variation is the angle between?

43. What system is de-activated when LG is retracted?

44. What illusion do water droplets on windscreen have? Higher then approach, Lower than approach, No effect? (effect of rain on depth perception)

45. EFIS converts? Digital to analog , Analog to digital , 2 other options

46. EFIS signals are what type of signals?

47. Temp at 20,000 feet is -5°C, what is ISA deviation?

48. Climbing at constant IAS, what happens to Mach no? a. Increases b. Decreases c. Remains constant d.(some
other option)

49. Differential controls are used in?

50. An aircraft uses 1000kg of fuel for 200NM. What is the specific range?

51. Specific range when F/C is 200kg/hr and distance of 1000NM?

52. Vertical fin is used to give? Lateral stability, Directional stability, Vertical stability or Normal stability?

53. If QNH is lower than standard pressure, then? (pressure altitude>elevation, pressure altitude< elevation,
pressure altitude=elevation, no effect)

54. In cyclone wind blows in which direction?

55. Symptoms of Hypoxia?

56. Which cloud gives continuous precipitation?

57. Which cloud leads to the formation of another cloud?

58. In which stage of CB both updrafts and downdrafts occur?

59. When reducing power in an aircraft with variable pitch propeller, the procedure to follow?

60. TCAS resolutionary advice?

61. The best fuel ratio for max thrust?

62. The best glide angle is otherwise known as?

63. What causes spatial disorientation in Pilots?

64. In a series of resistance what is constant?

65. What causes aerodynamic buffeting?

66. What is V1? Options were a) Decision Speed and b) Action Initiation Speed . Correct Answer is b) Action Initiation Speed

67. Sunrise at 0545, earliest VFR flight possible at?

68. What axis does AP control during climb? Longitudinal, Lateral, Pitch axis (1 more option)?

69. Radiation fog is seen in?

70. What is found is high pressure area? (Fog, strong winds, 2 more options)

71. In aircrafts circuits are protected by?

72. Why is AC preferred over DC in aircrafts?

73. If compressibility came into effect what happens to CAS

74. Validity of ADC?

75. To fly an designated route Q how many RNPs are required?

76. A/c flying 200 NM in 20 min and later 200 NM in 30 min. Find average speed.

77. Length of wire and resistance relation.

78. Takeoff configuration warning activation.

79. One question on secondary cells.

80. Which mixture burns quickly....rich mixture or a lean mixture?

81. Class D fires extinguished by?

82. Diluter Demand Oxygen system

83. Rated thrust based on? (gross thrust, net thrust, average thrust and one more option)

84. Payload is calculated on the basis of?

85. Sequence of working of Piston Engine? 86. Sequence of working of Jet Engine? 87. Convergent-Divergent tube

88. Propeller reduction gear

89. Special VFR flights allowed in?

90. Rate of climb of an a/c climbing frm 10000ft to 30000ft in 20mins 91. Aspirated TAT probe.

92. Category of aircraft for public transport?

93. Q on Spark plug fouling.

94. Symbol Generator on EFIS

95. Q on Servo Tab

96. Conditions for CAVOK

97. Q on Static stability

98. Aspect Ratio is inversely proportional to Induced drag

99. electric current consists of (chemical,heat,magnetism)

100. Bernoulli's principle

101. Winds – Friction more at?

102. Wind veering is clockwise in NH

103. Altimeter setting which gives pressure altitude

104. On ground MAP gauge reads?

105. If an a/c is set to takeoff and warning is there about something wrong in configuration, what is the action to
be taken?

106. Max thrust is given by?

107. Performance based limitation in take off

108. Q on Semi-monocoque. (Options were: spars, ribs, longerons, stringers)

109. Q on Cabin Altitude

110. Any wheel which spins on its axis is called?

111. Effect of increase in wing area on lift?

112. What are advantages/disadvantages of swept back wing?

113. When temperature increases with height, it is called? Inversion layer

114. How is current surge controlled in aircraft?

115. Radiation fog in northern hemisphere is formed? (options were ahead of WD or behind)

116. Control zones in India shall be at least what airspace category?

117. What Happens to Total Voltage when connected in series?

118. What is standard lapse rate of temperature? ( Answer 3.5 F /1000 Ft )

119. What is accumulator?

CaptDDay
28th Jul 2013, 02:26
@aviator3233 (http://www.pprune.org/members/370498-aviator3233)

Group Discussion
There were 5 rounds in this one.We were divided into teams(4 guys each team) and then each round 2 of these teams would meet i.e., 8 guys sitting together and doing the discussion. The topics were all based on Aviation except one round (A detailed time table is given). They had 1 debate topic for sure everyday. I had it on Fly by wire. Then they had one non aviation round based on Survival in case of Air crash in Mountains/Desert/island, and you were given a list of items and you had to decide and conclude that what priority will you give to each item.Then one round was on Air crash. Where you were given and Air crash report and you had to discuss and decide what caused the Air Crash.

extract from an earlier post by @piper_cherokee (http://www.pprune.org/members/329197-piper_cherokee)

aviator3233
29th Jul 2013, 09:10
Thanku !!.....

Three.Green
1st Aug 2013, 04:01
Is the result gonna be out this week? anyone got any reply from Jet yet?

cyrilroy21
1st Aug 2013, 04:04
Well according to Ghost Aviatorz the result will only be published in September

sid89
1st Aug 2013, 12:58
in 2011 attempt result were out by 17 march and paper was held on 27 feb so this makes it 20 days so wait up till 11 aug... or else just wait longer :ooh:

cyrilroy21
1st Aug 2013, 17:24
Some interesting Statistics collected from various sources for the Jet exam

These are the roll numbers issued for the various centres in India for the Jet Airways exam
Now assuming the roll numbers issued represent the number of candidates who appeared for this exam

Mumbai - 5001 to 5960 = 960 Candidates

Delhi - 7001 - 8600* = 1600 Candidates

Chennai - 9001 - 9600* = 600 Candidates

*Not an exact number but the first two digits are correct

Total number of roll numbers issued

960+1600+600 = 3160

Out of these 3160 Candidates a few applied twice so they got two different roll numbers
A few Candidates who had their CPL under process were also allowed to write the exam
A few candidates did not appear at all

P.S : I heard for Mumbai there was a second location as well with another set of roll numbers outside the range i have given above . If anyone knows anything please post it here

aviation_insider
6th Aug 2013, 09:17
@cyrilroy_21
Are u sure that jet allowed cpl under issue candidates to sit in exam ? Can anyone else confirm the same.
Thanx

cyrilroy21
9th Aug 2013, 06:14
@aviation insider

Yes I know a couple of guys who got the roll numbers from Jet to appear for the exam
At first they were reluctant to admit them but finally they decided to allow them and they sat for the exam

aviation_insider
9th Aug 2013, 11:50
Ok.
Just got confirmed. Jet let only those people sit in the exams whose papers had been processed by dgca for cpl but still hadn't actually received the cpl physically. So technically, they are cpl licence number holder, and that's being really gracious on the part of jet.

cyrilroy21
9th Aug 2013, 12:50
@aviation insider

Well they guys I know who sat for the Jet exam never actually got the CPL number issued

Those who had a CPL number issued wouldnt have faced any problem in the first place in receiving roll numbers

Those who applied initially without a CPL number did not get the roll numbers and HR personally replied saying they entered improper CPL number

However one week before the exam these guys ( without a CPL number ) were issued Roll numbers for the exam

attitudeFlying
10th Aug 2013, 11:49
Yes, people who had a receipt of documents submitted to DGCA were allowed to sit for the exam.

udaviators
15th Aug 2013, 14:55
Any update regarding results, as it's been way too long now..:uhoh:

bayblade
15th Aug 2013, 19:45
@udaviators,
there's a word floating around that the results would be out in or after September.

sid89
16th Aug 2013, 15:12
a pilot who is working with jet airways has posted in facebook ghost aviatorz that the result will be out in first week of sep...... now all other rumour are based on this post:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Vivek jain
17th Aug 2013, 03:37
First week of sept is what I also came across..
Lets hope it's announced at the earliest..:ok:

udaviators
6th Sep 2013, 17:54
So the first week of September is also gone... and still no news.. Don't know what's wrong with Jet:ugh::ugh:

virus90
10th Sep 2013, 05:16
Hey...
I am trying to paint a clear picture here, Jet has heavy requirements for pilots.. So what they are upto is that they are recalling candidates from the type rated batch who were unable to clear their Sim checks and GD...
After they are done with that the candidates who just finished their PI will be called for the sim checks ( non type rated one)....
That is the picture put forth by jet..
The results , you just have to wait and watch because many people come out with many rumors, dont believe them or u will unnecessarily get dissapointed..
Things are looking very very bright as the government gave jet permission to have a code share agreement with 5 other airlines..
Just keep your calm, be positive and wait... dont loose hope...
Cheers!!

Maverick 03
10th Sep 2013, 16:32
Another confirmed deadline-
Jet result not to be out till 20th Sep

udaviators
12th Sep 2013, 05:11
I know all the recruitments going on in Jet airways but i just don't see any point in delaying the non type rated results as it won't make any difference to the ongoing stages.. They could delay GD's instead.. that is still worth waiting as people would know that they are still in the game.. :rolleyes:

virus90
13th Sep 2013, 07:24
That is the way you and i think, but the management does not listen or take into consideration our views.. SAD!! but thats the fact..
Jet is a big company , they themselves do not know what they are upto.. everyones confused...
results must be declared.. to be honest i do not see it coming in september also..
But lets be positive..
cheers

aviator3233
16th Sep 2013, 05:09
R u sure abt the result not coming in Sept ??:ugh:

virus90
17th Sep 2013, 06:19
you cannot be sure about anything in aviation... one day they say something negative and the very next moment itss something positive..so yeah
but from my sources itss not coming in september..
i hope my sources are wrong..
cheers buddy

cyrilroy21
26th Sep 2013, 16:13
Jet Airways has apparently asked a candidate to resubmit his Cheque along with penalty for bounced cheque in an email sent today

He has to resubmit it by 30th of September failing which the results wont be released

That should give you an idea when to expect the results....

virus90
27th Sep 2013, 07:56
@ cyril : So that does paint the outlines of the picture!! Till the time jet doesnt get the money encashed of all the demand drafts they will not disclose the results..
The process has started but when will it end?? thats the question...
The results must come in by the beginning of October...
I just hope that jet does not take 2-3 years to complete this recruitment as they did with the 2011 non type rated batch..
Any idea when they( 2011 non type rated batch) will be called for their Sim checks??
Cheers

cyrilroy21
27th Sep 2013, 08:34
@virus90

Jet Airways has given a second chance to who failed the GD / PI of the 737 type rated exam this september
Only once they are done with the Sim checks will the Jan 2011 recruitment IPT take place ( I am guessing )

Johny Boy
27th Sep 2013, 12:27
Any idea when they( 2011 non type rated batch) will be called for their Sim checks??

Some time after 20 Nov 2013.

virus90
28th Sep 2013, 06:33
@johnnyboy : How are you so sure about it?? i mean you are giving some timeframe !!!! have you heard something or observed a trend??
I on the other hand was informed by some people from Jet that the IPT are going to be conducted in the month of october....
And if that is the case then what is going to happen about the 2013 batch?? because if they take so long for recruiting us then the 2013 batch will have to wait longer..

Johny Boy
28th Sep 2013, 23:32
@johnnyboy : How are you so sure about it?? i mean you are giving some timeframe !!!! have you heard something or observed a trend??
I on the other hand was informed by some people from Jet that the IPT are going to be conducted in the month of october....
And if that is the case then what is going to happen about the 2013 batch?? because if they take so long for recruiting us then the 2013 batch will have to wait longer..

I was told by my brother who was told by his examiner at jet.
20 Nov was date that was mentioned , nothing confirmed by Jet but examiner was asked to finish off checks for current roster'd pilots and have been assigned new roster for sim's starting 20 Nov.
Take it as Rumour.

udaviators
3rd Oct 2013, 08:51
What's happening out there with the results, any idea anybody??
Getting no information whatsoever as now even the rumors have stopped... :{:{

baliyan
5th Oct 2013, 06:28
I had talked to jet HR official & according to her, the result would be announced before 15th Oct'13.

piston2jet
10th Oct 2013, 13:40
Jet results to be declared next week.
Source - A Senior Examiner at Jet Airways.
Hope it does not get delayed any further than this.

mr.aspect
11th Oct 2013, 20:58
lets hope for all our sakes Johny Boy and piston2jet are right!!

cyrilroy21
22nd Oct 2013, 13:33
Jet has started sending out the email of the result

Those who havent received it yet please wait . They should send it soon enough

cyrilroy21
22nd Oct 2013, 21:56
A message from the UPWA

A sincere request to those candidates who passed the 9w TFO written exam especially IndiGo LOI holders

If you do not wish to pursue it any further please reply back to the email that Jet HR sent you saying you no longer wish to be considered for the opportunity

This might help a few candidates that did not make it for the written to get called for GD and subsequent rounds

Jobs are scarce

So please do the needful at the earliest . Dont deny a fellow pilot an opportunity that can change their lives forever.

Regards

Team UPWA

stryker_jsph
23rd Oct 2013, 05:42
Now that we're done with written, any pointers on GD, guys?

Three.Green
24th Oct 2013, 18:28
any guess on how many people have made it to GD?

cyrilroy21
24th Oct 2013, 18:32
According to some sources somewhere between 300 - 400 out of the 2700 candidates that appeared for the exam has made it to the GD round...

Johny Boy
24th Oct 2013, 19:59
300 ~ 400 people ? I think Delhi centre itself had around 1200 people for test so just 2700 pilots gave exam for Jet ...hmmm where are rest of pilots.:hmm::hmm:
Wow that way too much considering how 2011 Feb pilots are still hanging without anything concrete since last 2.5 years. God bless this young pilots who will put on indefinite wait. :rolleyes:
By the way not a single of my friends cleared it from Delhi centre. :sad::sad:

juliet.alpha.yankee
25th Oct 2013, 09:33
From various sources that I am aware of, there were a total of approx 5000 aspirants for this exam. And there were certainly more than 1200 from Delhi Center...

Is there any other reliable source of information??

cyrilroy21
25th Oct 2013, 12:24
@juliet alpha yankee

Read this post
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-wannabes/517529-jet-airways-hiring-trainee-first-officer-2013-a-4.html#post7971807

cyrilroy21
25th Oct 2013, 12:50
Apparently Jet Airways has sent an email asking the candidates who passed to inform them if they are TYPE RATED on any particular aircraft...

Three.Green
25th Oct 2013, 12:52
Do you think some people might get eliminated for not having a TR?

cyrilroy21
25th Oct 2013, 13:25
Nobody is going to be eliminated for not having a TR . If that was the case then there was no need to call so many pilots all over India to conduct an exam

But the since Jet airways is short on pilot I have a feeling that the type rated guys will be fast tracked and inducted first ( assuming you have type rating on a fleet that jet operates )

wxy
25th Oct 2013, 14:21
Is there any chance that they might wanna send pilots to Etihad ...??

Johny Boy
25th Oct 2013, 17:46
Is there any chance that they might wanna send pilots to Etihad ...??
Pilots from Etihad might come here and fly big birds leaving Indians scrambling for 737/ATR's.You see codeshare with new sub-owner and stake sale will change many things.:*:*
By the way TATA's are trying to get some stake at AI.That might speed up Jet's hiring & firing thing's for future.
They might hire and fire in batches.:}:}:}

Johny Boy
25th Oct 2013, 17:51
These are the roll numbers issued for the various centres in India for the Jet Airways exam
Now assuming the roll numbers issued represent the number of candidates who appeared for this exam

Mumbai - 5001 to 5960 = 960 Candidates

Delhi - 7001 - 8600* = 1600 Candidates

Chennai - 9001 - 9600* = 600 Candidates

*Not an exact number but the first two digits are correct

Total number of roll numbers issued

960+1600+600 = 3160

Out of these 3160 Candidates a few applied twice so they got two different roll numbers

So all those talks of 5000+ unemployed pilots were not true then.:ok:
If seriously India had that much of unemployed pilots then almost 2000 of them got job's in 2-3 years ? :eek:
Can't be true if it's true and can't be false if it's really true.
God where is my job on big jet ? :*

PS : Anybody have any idea about how many KFA cadet's/FO's are still without jobs ?

ikarus-
25th Oct 2013, 18:31
What you think when they will start calling for GD and how much time they gave between GD and PI last time.

bayblade
25th Oct 2013, 18:40
Its not an unknown that many people are doing well in other fields after losing hopes in aviation. You may have some of your friends who are no longer interested in this line anymore.

Some, maybe working as flight instructors in other countries. I know a couple of of chaps from my flight school who are now working in US as instructors and did not come for the exam.

I wouldn't be surprised if these people collectively formed a figure of 500 or so, makes me wonder where are the remaining 1500 people?
alien abductions? :E

bayblade
25th Oct 2013, 18:45
@ikarus
The interval between the gd and pi was 5 months for the last batch (feb 2011) and for the group before that (aug 2010 batch) it was within a weeks time.

Edit: 5 months was the gap between the written and GD, it was almost a year's wait for PI.

ikarus-
25th Oct 2013, 18:59
@bayblade
Hard to predict with that data what gonna happen this time.

I also had friends who were enjoying life abroad and when I told one of them about (jet)exam she said "not gonna fly back just for an exam":ugh:

Johny Boy
25th Oct 2013, 19:29
I know a couple of of chaps from my flight school who are now working in US as instructors
How is it possible ?
Have USA immigration/working laws changed that i am not aware or anything that i might be missing ?

bayblade
25th Oct 2013, 19:33
they are compensated in flight hrs not money.

Johny Boy
25th Oct 2013, 19:38
Legally you can not work without working visa so they are illegally accumulating flight hours.:E
Indian flying school's don't have jobs for instructors or what ? I meet so many of my friends who always had " uncles and relatives to land them job " saying that they have become instructors when they all know how good they were in their training , yet never seen anyone going for recency or checkrides seeing them at flying school.
ROFLMAO :p:p

bayblade
25th Oct 2013, 19:49
Legally you can not work without working visa so they are illegally accumulating flight hours.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif
Many flight schools in US follow this trend, its no news flash. :hmm:

ikarus-
25th Oct 2013, 19:56
Its not very hard to get F1 visa in US which allows you to work few hours per week.

Johny Boy
26th Oct 2013, 10:35
Its not very hard to get F1 visa in US which allows you to work few hours per week.
It is hard to get working visa when you are pilot.May be things have changed but certainly it's not that easy to get visa without sponsor's.

RNP2
26th Oct 2013, 10:42
@ ikarus

The aug 2010 batch had their interviews immdtly after they had their GD whereas the feb 2011 batch had their GDs in aug 2011 and were called for their Interviews in june 2013!!!:eek:

Johny Boy
26th Oct 2013, 10:51
2010 Aug recruitment had GD's from 24 aug onwards till sep 2010 then interview after a month followed by IPT. Total pilots selected were 118-120 divided into 6 batches with last one getting ATR type.

2011 Feb recruitment had GD in Aug 2011 followed by yearly wait for interviews and still to have IPT's. This 2011 session had pilots recalled from 2010 Aug recruitment who failed in GD's so it took time for Jet for everything.
Sad part was that Jet forget to recall those who couldn't clear Interview of 2010 and have to re-sit for 2011 exam. :ouch:

In between this two recruitment of CPL holders Jet took many rated 737/ATR pilot's with varying experience level with last one being sometime back in 2012 May , they are all online since 2012 Dec.They took 2 rated exams this year i believe but total number of those are disputed.

ikarus-
26th Oct 2013, 16:23
Agree, F1 visa is actually meant for students taking course from american universities.

gambol
26th Oct 2013, 20:56
I wonder how long Jet airways will take to complete the July 2013 TFO recruitment. 2015????
only time will tell.

Mentat
1st Nov 2013, 10:28
Any idea about the no of vacancies and the no of people who have cleared the written exam?

9FLYJET9
19th Nov 2013, 04:34
any news on 2013 GD dates?

ikarus-
19th Nov 2013, 19:19
They have started calling 2011 batch candidates.

9FLYJET9
20th Nov 2013, 11:37
What date? Any idea how many of them?
Any chances if they will merge them with 2013 GD candidates?

ikarus-
21st Nov 2013, 05:54
I dont think so as they might be calling them for interview directly because no fresher has got mail yet for GD.

9FLYJET9
22nd Nov 2013, 11:59
ok. so are they calling 2011 candidates who failed GD or 2011 candidates who have failed the interview or both? who has got emails?

ikarus-
25th Nov 2013, 13:17
No sure my friend.

cyrilroy21
26th Nov 2013, 10:01
Jet has started calling those candidates from 2011 recruitment who could not clear the GD round to come again for GD

They also called the type rated candidates from the 2013 exam for GD as well

Non type rated candidates from the 2013 exam are still waiting for GD

9FLYJET9
26th Nov 2013, 11:35
thanks cyril..
any idea when is it exactly starting for 2011 non type rated and how many of them,, so that we can get a fair idea about the dates for 2013 non type rated candidates..

flyB_777
27th Nov 2013, 00:54
any idea about recent GD topics??

cyrilroy21
28th Nov 2013, 11:29
The GD dates for non type rated as well has been announced

Good luck everyone :ok:

juliet.alpha.yankee
28th Nov 2013, 16:31
Mine is on December 9th. Guys, please shed some light on the GD topics.

Also, the people who have their GD on Nov 30th and Dec 1st, please provide your valuable inputs...

cyrilroy21
3rd Mar 2014, 14:14
Looks like Jet has sent emails to candidates who did NOT clear the GD to appear for the GD again in the months of April and May :D

Exact dates will be announced later

Good luck everyone :ok:

wings of fire
3rd Mar 2014, 15:47
Buddy i haven't received any email from Jet Airways regarding Re-GD.

Can anyone tell how many candidates have received re-gd emails, or are there anyone remaining like me who hasn't received re-gd email from jet

pilot.india
4th Mar 2014, 04:47
Yups thats true, wonder how many pilots they gonna select. They seem to be in a hiring spree !!

Dear Candidate,

This is with reference to your application for the position of Trainee First Officer on B737 Fleet.

You had appeared for the Assessment Centre (Stage 2) in November- December 2013 at Mumbai and you did not qualify in the same.

We would like to inform you that you will be given another opportunity to re-appear for an Assessment Centre to be held tentatively in April - May 2014, details of which will be sent to you separately.

But yeah, i don't understand one thing. i really sad for those guys tom TFO:2011. I remember written test was in FEB 2011. none of them has joined yet. its March 2014. 3 years to complete a recruitment. even more confusing is they keep on conducting exams. TFO : 2013 happened in july. now they calling for RE GD. i am sure the total selected after medicals(2011) and interview(2013) will be around 100. and most of them will be needing a 737 rating.
when are they going to call them for joining. hope it happens soon at least in this year 2014.

cyrilroy21
4th Mar 2014, 11:57
@wings of fire

I am not sure on what basis they sent out the email for RE GD . All i know is they used the same email ID ( tfo recruitment ) . Have you checked the junk folder ?

@pilot.india

Jet needs a lot of pilots ( my estimate is 300+ )
Their biggest problem is training capacity . Where to train hundreds of pilots on the 737 . They also need a lot of training captains in place to train you once you come on board
Hence the reason why they are recruiting foreign 737 TRI / TRE and upgrading senior FO's to Captains

The first batch from 2011 about 20-25 pilots are joining on the 20th of March :D

ikarus-
4th Mar 2014, 13:07
300!! thats really a big no. ;how soon you think they will absorb 2013 batch guys.:E

wings of fire
7th Mar 2014, 18:21
Yes. I have checked my junk folder. No Email from Jet as of now.Can only wait patiently.

cyrilroy21
10th Mar 2014, 06:25
Are you type rated on the 737 or any other aircraft ?

I heard that type rated candidates have not yet been called for RE GD
Not sure if it's true

Azadpanchi
12th Mar 2014, 03:02
Any idea if jet will hire B 737 Type rated fellows in their next recruitment..??

Three.Green
2nd May 2014, 11:32
anyone here re-taking the GD on the 4 may?
I am.

aviator3233
4th May 2014, 07:38
Hello.... can anyone plz tell me what to study for the jet CPL freshers exam ?
Thanku

maverick24
4th May 2014, 16:45
hey is there a fresher exam for jet airways fo post

cyrilroy21
24th Jun 2014, 15:16
Jet Airways has announced the 2013 TFO RE GD results

avicon
24th Jun 2014, 19:39
Cyril, where did you hear that 9W will be needing 300+ pilots? Over how many months/years?

Any idea when their next TR TFO will be held? I read pkboeing saying that he had had a word with HR from Jet and was told that Jet has scrapped conducting TR exams, but will allow TR candidates to sit TFO exams and if selected, would charge them Rs10 lack for "further training". How much truth do you think could be there in this? Only someone closely associated with Jet can clear things up for us I believe.

virus90
25th Jun 2014, 06:11
@avicon: Whatever pkboeing has said in the other thread is completely true, all those type rated people who get selected for jet airways will have to pay a certain amount to jet towards the training ( ground classes, sim sessions) that jet airways will provide...
Scrapped would be a wrong word , i would say that for now they have merged both the exams and made them into a common one.. but then type rated people are given preference..
Incoming aircrafts create vacancies and there is 1 737 inducted every month ( a person from the engineering department conveyed that) ...

avicon
25th Jun 2014, 10:18
@virus.

How can TR TFO and CPL TFO give the same exams? CPL TFO cannot give the 737 systems exam.

Or will they conduct seperate exams for either but with CPL syllabus included for the TR TFO's like Spicejet is doing?

virus90
26th Jun 2014, 07:06
Buddy.. you believe it or no they did it... we cannot question them or their ways..
maybe the wriitten is cpl level but when you go for the PI that is when they will get 737 specific...

juliet.alpha.yankee
15th Jul 2014, 05:23
Hi Guys,

I got to know that the first batch of pilots have got their type rating done from UK and have come back a few days back. However their SUPs could not be started as Jet did not give them joining. So, their airport entry passes could not be made as one needs to be an employee of an airline to have AEP.

So now, jet has decided to give them joining before start of SUPs and also pay them stipend of Rs 50,000. If that is the case then it is a good news. But I am not sure how far that is true.

oxfordav
10th Aug 2014, 10:25
its not true

pkboeing
11th Aug 2014, 04:51
sahi baat kya hai pls share if u want to.?

virus90
11th Aug 2014, 05:47
No contract of any sort has been offered to any of the 4 batches currently in training uptil now, the first batch is going to Southampton again this month for 15 days or so to complete a few more hours...
The talk about being on contract for AEP is true but jet has not offered any contract to anyone yet...

juliet.alpha.yankee
12th Aug 2014, 06:52
Is there anyone who is done with his/her tr? What is going on these days for you ppl in Jet? I heard that Jet was to reach over a conclusion on 11 aug for putting ppl on contract for aep. I am not sure whether they have a solution yet.

Atleast they should pay 50000 to till the base check is done. They used to do it until now.

Also, how are TFOs managing the finances after paying 20 lacs and not getting a penny for 3-4 months (or may be more)?

The airline should be thoughtful for them. No body can sit idle with a burden of 20 lacs and not earning a penny.

avicon
12th Aug 2014, 10:39
Now what the hell is an AEP. I feel like a complete newbie when I hear these abbreviations thrown around.

mach5
12th Aug 2014, 15:38
AEP is Airport Entry Pass

Skyblade
25th Aug 2014, 16:18
can anybody tell whether the next batch of 8 have been called by jet?

virus90
26th Aug 2014, 05:35
The next batch of 8 will b called very very soon by jet airways, some of them received an email on Wednesday and were told to revert back by Monday (25th august 2014) failing which they will not b considered for the upcoming batch..
So yeah it'll be soon...
Rumors suggest september end as the beginning date for the training, and November end as the beginning date for the last 8.. This will officially complete all the 48 candidates..
Now the ? Remains , at what point will jet start contacting other candidates of the 2011 batch....

virus90
1st Sep 2014, 10:03
The next group of 8 got their emails today from Jet Airways, they have been called on the 19th of September with the money and licenses .. Ground classes begin on the 22nd of September..
Next batch of 8 will be called in November..
Cheers!!!

ikarus-
1st Sep 2014, 19:46
this really is a good news :) any how many guys are left from 2011

nihaal71
2nd Sep 2014, 00:23
thanks for the information.
now lets see after the dgca review does jet increase the frequency of training or increases the size of the batches.
lets hope for the best now :ok:

virus90
2nd Sep 2014, 05:32
@ Ikarus : jet has so far only called 40 candidates from the 2011 batch, according to my estimates there are another 60-70 still left...

@nihaal71: jet is trying very hard to get slots for training, but the slots are not available..

nihaal71
2nd Sep 2014, 22:01
i dont know if you would know this
but thought id ask.
why would jet only use one trto in southampton
why not go the 09-10 batch way and send to cae centers?

Skyblade
13th Oct 2014, 14:34
Some update from the guys who have been selected in 2011/2013 batch would be highly appreciated.

aviator3233
14th Oct 2014, 14:15
Does anyone have any idea abt the result for the Sept' 14 Jet exam ?

Three.Green
12th Nov 2014, 02:34
@aviator3233 last year they took 3 months to declare the results. I suspect it should be the same time frame this time as well.

mike_bravo
27th Nov 2014, 03:03
How many pilots do they take at the end of the whole process ? Any approx idea ?

virus90
2nd Dec 2014, 02:17
It all depends on their requirement buddy...

aviator3233
12th Dec 2014, 12:02
Any updates on the result of FO 2014 exam anyone ? Pls share

cyrilroy21
30th Oct 2015, 00:07
Jet Airways has sent emails to candidates of TFO 2013 asking about current license details . I believe they want an answer by today...

avicon
30th Oct 2015, 09:56
Whatever happened to the 2014 CPL-TFO? Are they not going to release the results?

Why do they have to hold on to the results till they are in need of a pilots. By releasing it early, thousands of unfortunate ones who haven't been selected can consider other options. Some might even be interested in exploring other avenues, outside of aviation. I think it is very unethical for Jet to accept money from us for an exam and then withhold result simply because the time doesn't suit them.

Has there ever been any group agitation over this issue that anyone is aware of.

cyrilroy21
19th Nov 2015, 11:51
Apparently Jet Airways has called the first batch of TFO 2013 to report to Jet Airways on November 30.

razzy
19th Nov 2015, 15:14
Any idea how many people comprise this batch?

bdmer
19th Nov 2015, 15:43
any good news for sept2014 batch????

hitansh
19th Feb 2018, 19:42
How is their cadet programme ?