PDA

View Full Version : sd 330/360

Bob Fleming
30th Apr 2002, 16:23
i heard a rumour that the sd 330/360 may be becoming obsolete in a few months due to some freight classification rules or something like that (probably something to do with jar)

anybody know anything about it as i was considering paying for a rating on the aforementioned creature and this sort of rumour is very disturbing....:eek:

thanks

Crosswind Limits
2nd May 2002, 11:38
Heard similar myself. Anyway I suggest you go for the rating and blow £7000 - not! :eek:

GroupWatcher
2nd May 2002, 12:17
Does anybody have some details ref. this classification rules? Would be quite curious to find out more.

Thanks
GW

class a
8th May 2002, 17:26
And where did you hear this ....

ironbutt57
9th May 2002, 21:19
Regulators be damned, the sd-330/360 does exactly the job it was intended/designed to do...(admittedly not much more)..spent lots of time in the skipper's seat of the "irish concord"...and loved every minute of it....even worked for short bros usa and ferried a few across the "pond" to very satisfied usa operators...."ghetto sled", "the box the twin otter came in", "desert sled"..a few nicknames we all had for the series...but you'll never find a REAL pilot who doesn't cherish the time he/she spent in the plane....(despite the titanic connection)..;) ;) :) :) :)

NightHawkZero
10th May 2002, 02:41
I can tell you that a small freight company that work for have a total of eight (2 x 330's - 6 x 360's)and currently operate the odd Post Office Charter [the last 3 aircraft where purchased in the last 6 months] ~ I think that they will survive for sometime to come--------->
:p

Doctor Cruces
14th May 2002, 22:54
If the rumour is true, that would explain why the CEO at Emerald is always in a foul mood!!!

Doc C.

BRISTOLRE
15th May 2002, 07:49
Doc C, This is true !!

Doctor Cruces
16th May 2002, 02:32
BRISTOLRE

Which is true, the rumour or my assumption??

Doc C.

BRISTOLRE
16th May 2002, 08:01
Your assumption old chap!
I would second that, nothings ever smells of roses up there!

muppet
10th Jun 2002, 13:08
Great aircraft.

Long live the shed.:D

Dillon
10th Jun 2002, 16:48
The weather is sunny in the 'pool !!

Long live the shed as I understand we are expected to increase the fleet to six by the end of the year.

Its JAR OPS approved so what would stop it that could not effect any aircraft type ?.

Smiling, happy, smilling CEO, smiling !! £2.7 operating profit due to be announced for last financial year ! Training school being set up at BLK from Sept to accomodate up to four types.

Not glamorous but effective ?.

Stick to your taxi Doctor.

canberra
14th Jun 2002, 13:11
the reason why emeralds ceo is always in a foul mood is due to ; a having a bad back and bdue to the fact that he cant delegate! he sacked the accounts staff last year and did the accounts himself! that is not good management.

Hugh De Payen
17th Jun 2002, 03:18
I remember when AJ got his first 330, G-LEDN. As far as I can remember he wasn't too chuffed with the machine, always moaning about maintenance costs on the damn thing, wanted everything done for free.

Nice to know things always do a full circle.

Dillon
17th Jun 2002, 10:12
Canberra .... you are sad really given that the CEO is not and never has been an accountant !!.

The previous DofF left at short notice due to a serious administrative error taking two of his wing persons with him. The finance section today is a happy base and see very little of the CEO as there seems no reason for him to visit unlike in the past.

Rumours are one thing but your comments when misunderstood could be dangerous.

Love and kisses from the smiling 'pool.

canberra
17th Jun 2002, 14:56
i think that sums up emerald!!

smellster
17th Jun 2002, 23:29
Evening,

What routes do Emerald fly with their sheds?

If they are making so much money, why don't they buy some decent aircraft like some ATR's and do a load of conversions? Just wondering.

By the way in case it hasn't been established, that's complete b*ll*ks about the shed being scrapped, I think the only limitation is with TCAS by 2004.

Later

Smellster

redsnail
19th Jun 2002, 20:49
I'll think you'll find the SD 330 will be scrapped. I believe there is only one flying in the UK any way. The other one is in the hands of the gods at this point in time.

Air Mail
20th Jun 2002, 18:03
Smellster,

If you don't know what routes your competitors fly, why not ask your big brother? I'm sure he will have some knowledge of it!

Frank Cannon
20th Jun 2002, 23:25
Dillon,

Talking to at mate of mine the other day, if Emerald are in good shape, why does it take them so long to recompense their pilots for their expenses.

smellster
21st Jun 2002, 00:06
Redsnail,

The remaining sd-330s may be scrapped at some point but it won't be due to any freight classification rule as the thread starter was suggesting; it will probably be because the bag of nails that it comprises of start rusting.:D

Air Mail, darn the secret is out, but I try to avoid talking about work with my 'big' brother as there are so many more interesting things to talk about.

So anyone know what routes Emerald flies with their sheds?

later

Ex Oggie
22nd Jun 2002, 04:08
EIN - CVT - LGG for starters.

hushkit77
26th Jun 2002, 08:41
they also fly...

Belfast - Edinburgh - Belfast
Belfast - Glasgow - Belfast (sat)

new contract on

Bristol - Stansted - Norwich
Norwich - Stansted - Bristol

They are about to aquire two more sheds to fill the routes. At the minute they have leased out the BFS and CVT routes until they get the other Aircraft.

Nowt wrong with the shed!!!