PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail Virus?

Rocket2
18th Jun 2013, 13:21
When I try to open my hotmail account I am getting a warning that the site has been blocked by my anti-virus software (apparently its infected with Malware/HTMLGen-A)
I can't find anything on the internet to help me sort this out, can anyone out there advise me please?

Rocket2
18th Jun 2013, 13:43
Sorry folks, seems to have cleared itself now - weird.

Rocket2
18th Jun 2013, 14:35
Back again!

seanbean
18th Jun 2013, 21:56
Download: Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download (http://www.malwarebytes.org/) (free version) - UPDATE and run. Post back what you get.

Keef
18th Jun 2013, 22:10
Yahoo was well hacked last week - maybe this week is Hotmail's turn...

Tarq57
18th Jun 2013, 22:42
What AV, browser, and add-ons?

Rocket2
19th Jun 2013, 09:16
Thanks everyone, seemed to have sorted itself out by yesterday evening & Ok today.

Hobo
24th Jun 2013, 17:34
Anyone else in the UK notice that Hotmail is very slow late in the day for the last week or so?

ericlday
24th Jun 2013, 19:50
So slow that I was thinking of using carrier pigeons instead.

SpringHeeledJack
24th Jun 2013, 21:49
There was a thread about this a month or so ago, and the consensus was that the old hotmail was WAY better than the bloated outlook hotmail that we find ourselves using. Almost every time I check my mails it runs slowly, or not at all and I have to give up :mad: Why can't they just leave things alone ?

mixture
24th Jun 2013, 22:20
Anyone else in the UK notice that Hotmail is very slow late in the day for the last week or so?

Just the NSA catching up on their backlog of bedtime reading :E

SpringHeeledJack
26th Jun 2013, 18:04
Another hotmail conundrum......once I've logged-out it (MSN) etc cycle through 3 pages that seem to defy normal procedure and I was curious how they do it. You log out and then either click or type a new website destination in the web bar and/or search engine bar and....normally you're off to the next destination. With hotmail and MSN their website pages 'seem' to ride over my typing and go to their destination. This happens a couple of times at least until either I win or they do. :} What's going on ?

SpringHeeledJack
28th Jun 2013, 21:14
Another day, another sloooooow experience with outlook, that once was hotmail :ugh::ugh::ugh: I read this forum why is the New Outlook for Hotmail so SLOW - Microsoft Community (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/mail-email/why-is-the-new-outlook-for-hotmail-so-slow/6fb4b7de-9829-40fc-bfcf-dfe29357127a?msgId=ab62b65f-1366-4966-8c95-5fe842b1f2b0&page=1&tm=1372453570090) and despite lots of soothing words from Microsoft, the experience has been nearly universal......slow, slow, slow. No solutions it would seem and long time users, especially small traders with accounts since over 10 years it's crippling their business. Also, it would appear that outlook only recycles every 30mins to show new e-mails, so if you're waiting for a reply and it doesn't come.....It's almost as if 'they' are trying to manoeuvre people away, perhaps downsizing the service ? Whatever, it's not as good as it used to be.

green granite
29th Jun 2013, 07:03
The forum moderators over there sound like stuck records, every time someone complains about the functionality of outlook you just get:

I recommend that you optimize your browser to ensure it's full performance and to help us isolate for a possible browser issue. To do this, please referto to this link.
Also, please upgrade your browser to its’ latest version to ensure its’ optimum performance.
If you are using a different browser other than Internet Explorer, please refer to it's support team to know how to upgrade it.

SpringHeeledJack
29th Jun 2013, 09:06
Unless it's on purpose, I just wonder why it has taken the huge Microsoft almost a year to get their 'new and improved' premier e-mail service working to a normal standard, regardless of which browser/computer the customer is using ?