PDA

View Full Version : B737 jobs in Europe for experienced F/O's

DC-8
15th Jun 2013, 19:08
Hi guys!

I've been flying already for a long time out of Europe. I start feeling it's time to come back, although I know it is not gonna be easy at all. Any ideas about where I could apply for a permanent F/O position? I've got 4200 hours on the B737 and 4400 total.

What are your thoughts about my chances of getting a 737 Captain job without PIC time?

Thanks a lot in advance! :ok:

maybepilot
16th Jun 2013, 00:42
What are your thoughts about my chances of getting a 737 Captain job without PIC time?

You will hardly find an F/O job, let alone a Captain position without having ever been a Captain.....

Breakthesilence
16th Jun 2013, 11:21

Mr Brightside? :E

Permanent position in Europe....maybe Turkish. For B737 experienced F/Os is actually the worst period ever in Europe.

Many who lost their jobs left to Asia (Indonesia, China etc.) or Middle East due to lack of positions in EU.

archer_737
16th Jun 2013, 11:58
Found myself looking for a job early this year. 2500h on the 737 and the only suitable thing I found is THY.
Also ME is an option, with FlyDubai (or Emirates if you want to change type).
Of course one nice option is Norwegian with European bases but will be hard to get an interview if you don't know anyone down there.

Good luck!

bulik
16th Jun 2013, 12:02
Permanent position in Europe....maybe Turkish.

Are Turkish accepting experienced F/Os directly to the left hand seat as DC-8 is asking?

DC-8
16th Jun 2013, 13:23
Thanks for the responses guys!

Yee I think as well getting a DEC job without PIC it's gonna be almost impossible nowdays.

Regarding Turkish, its non commuting for the 737, and I heard guys there fly a lot of multi sectors days making around 900-1000 hours a year :mad:

Norwegian would be a great job I think. I sent my cv a couple of months ago but haven't heard anything yet from them :* Might be a good idea to give them a call.

Cheers!

737 Jockey
16th Jun 2013, 19:34
DC-8

Fill in the online application for Norwegian, but also call them (details on the website). You will be pleasantly surprised, I'm sure.

:ok:

Boeing Europe
19th Jun 2013, 12:23
"pleasantly suprised"?? I have e-mailed them countless times and I have called never heard anything from them!!

no sponsor
19th Jun 2013, 14:40
How strange than in less than seven years, the aviation world (except the US) has changed from requiring experienced F/Os to the exact opposite. Now experience means absolutely nothing! The inevitability of it all is that if you are ever unfortunate to be made redundant, or your airline folds and you are an F/O, you had better find another career!

LLuCCiFeR
19th Jun 2013, 15:16
How strange than in less than seven years, the aviation world (except the US) has changed from requiring experienced F/Os to the exact opposite.True!

After getting rid of the flight engineer in the -80's and -90's, slowly the low-cost companies are moving to a 1 1/2 man cockpit: one experienced captain who is babysitting a 200 hour MPL co-pilot/apprentice keeping the right seat warm whilst getting paid peanuts.

And hey, it appears to be working! Just micromanage all SOP's, tell them to follow the magenta line, combine that with modern and reliable technology which only requires you to push a few buttons and: presto, one person has been fully removed from the pay roll.

The next step, in 5-10 years or so when the first generation of MPL pilots will reach command suitability, will be to attack the T&C's of captains and to have two cheap persons babysitting the aircraft, making sure it stays on the magenta line and to serve as the fall guys if it doesn't. Assuming the current rate of training will continue and the large number of naive wannabe's out there getting lured into the business with glossy brochures, future pilots will be so cheap that it will no longer be worthwhile to replace pilots with computers.

Think I'm too negative? Well, who would have thought 7 years ago that 200 hour MPL button pushers would bypass 5-6000 jet hour First Officers...? :p

lederhosen
22nd Jun 2013, 08:18
Everyone laughed when MOL suggested single pilot operation. But now we have a situation where there are airlines renting out the right hand seat. If management do not believe you need any more than an old style pilot's assistant (think Bandeirante way back when, maybe Danny remembers) what better way to circumvent the rules and make some additional income. The authorities need to put a stop to this. Sadly it will probably take a big crash to make them take action.

DC-8
22nd Jun 2013, 12:35
"pleasantly suprised"?? I have e-mailed them countless times and I have called never heard anything from them!!

Same here... haven't ever got a reply. Are they still recruiting?