PDA

View Full Version : Mind blown

dellowwarren
15th Jun 2013, 14:53
:ugh:

Hi guys,

Kinda new to this forum however I am a pilot my self (rc 3d heli pilot & rc plane lol ;) ), anyways I have this one question that prob has been asked many a times but I just need to know what could it be wrong with my wife getting a job at heathrow.

Basically we moved from South Africa to london two years ago and she has worked for BAA in SA for two years as well as another 3 years.

So she has the experience but watching her apply for thousands upon thousands of jobs as a customer service agent (front desk) and not a single call, thats about two years of everyday just applying and really I dont know what to do, I have even wanted to sit at any office being from Emirates to BA to Virgin to get a answer on what is wrong, why is she not good enough

I have called so many agencies and spoke to the HR and they say they will get back to me but never reply or they just rude and hang up saying just apply and we will decide

So if there is anyone out there who can just point us in the right direction would help.

Oh we do stay like across the road from Heathrow like seriously across the road so location is not a problem.

Grasscarp
16th Jun 2013, 22:06
This says you are 25 years old, so your wife is probably around this age too. It may be that she does not have the required experience. If she gets called for an interview she should ask for feedback to find where she is going wrong. If she does not get as far as this it may be there are too many applicants. I am not surprised that these people do not get back to you, as she is the applicant and not you. The motivation and the calls have to come from your wife.

Capetonian
17th Jun 2013, 06:57
My first reaction to this is that maybe her c.v. is not well written and presented. That said, it should still elicit the courtesy of a reply, even if a negative one.

Does she have the right to work in UK? If so, have you mentioned this in the application?

I'm not making excuses for employment agencies or HR departments, most of them treat applicants atrociously, but you have to appreciate that there are hundreds of applicants for all jobs, and the filtering process ensures that only a small percentage will be called for interviews, and only one will get each job.

All applications should receive a reply, but the reality is that this won't happen.

As someone else said, no agency or HR department will discuss an applicant's situation with a third party, that would be breach of confidentiality even if you are her husband, and over the phone they have no way of knowing that anyway.