PDA

View Full Version : St George YSGE - what's up with the WIP?

Jabawocky
15th Jun 2013, 11:56
Just reading notams as you do on a Saturday night, and I see the aerodrome is not available due WIP refer the working plan.

Now I am meant to be going there Monday, so it is fortunate I am seeing this now, but how is this working plan found? I can't seem to find it and I hope there is a way to access the strip with prior arrangement.

Seems Sunday and Wednesday are ok, probably Skytrans days, and early and late, but 2100Z is hard to hit from an unlit aerodrome unless I leave from YRED early and get back late.

Anyone know where the working plan is accessable ? Or anything ele that may be of help?

Back Pressure
15th Jun 2013, 12:27
A couple of Bex and a good lie down ?
Checking NOTAMs on a Saturday night ? Jaba how could you !?!?!?!?!?
Sorry to be of no help at all :uhoh:

alphacentauri
15th Jun 2013, 13:33
Jaba,

I beleive the NOTAM office are supposed to have access to method of works plans. Indeed, they are supposed to be held so they know when/if to issue NOTAM's.

Can't guarantee it will help, but I would be calling the NOTAM office to see if they can shed some light. They will know the originator of the NOTAM, which is usually the works safety guy, and can point you in the right direction.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

Jabawocky
15th Jun 2013, 22:23
Text on its way:ok:

Thanks a heap......:ok:

185skywagon
15th Jun 2013, 22:50
Ring the shire, Jaba.

Desert Duck
15th Jun 2013, 22:53
I understand that there is a good Ag strip nearby

Jabawocky
16th Jun 2013, 07:46
Yes.....and I know the owner ;) And it is very close to where I need to be, which is even better. Just no lights for night time departure, so I better have my "ducks in a row" :}

185.........you know that should be the last resort, besides I want to be there before they are "open for business"!

Its all sorted now! :p PPRUNE flushed out the answer in the form of a mobile number I could not find! It has almost paid its way in wasted time :}:E

YPJT
17th Jun 2013, 01:33
MOWPs usually have a contact name or number within the applicable NOTAM for this very reason. NOTAMs only provide essential information but if more specific detail is needed, operators should be able to go direct to the source. If you are a regular user of the airport or have a specific need they would probably also put you on the MOWP distribution list.:ok: