PDA

View Full Version : Another Nail in the Coffin!

Cylinder Head
15th Jun 2013, 08:17
New UK Helicopter Rules Could Hurt Struggling Industry | Aviation International News (http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/ainalerts/2013-06-13/new-uk-helicopter-rules-could-hurt-struggling-industry)

This government is supposed to be supporting small business by cutting regulation and red tape.

I suspect you have all noticed how much less regulation we have to observe these days!

It would be interesting to calculate how many people have flown over London without incident compared to this one accident.

I find it hard to reconcile with the fact that airliners are coming over the city every 2 minutes. Had the pilot of that BA flight from China not done such an outstanding job and landed a few hundred feet shorter there would have been carnage.

Manchester
15th Jun 2013, 08:50
Interesting thread title. Matthew Wood’s mother might think it appropriate

heli1
15th Jun 2013, 08:52
It does seem the knock on from that accident is continuing.I hear the company operating the AW109, Rotormotion has closed?

Dash8driver1312
15th Jun 2013, 08:53
I believe you also mean pilotS, the copilot was flying, the captain flicked up one stage of flaps.

Not just that, but at that point the only thing they could do was make sure it didn't stall and drop the last couple of hundred feet