PDA

View Full Version : Eurocopter Auxiliary Power Plug

Nomad110
14th Jun 2013, 21:59
Hey guys,

Can someone tell me what the part number is for Eurocopters special power plug? I want to adapt it to make make an automotive style barrel connector that will be 24v. I just need the plug it-self so we can wire up a short pigtail converter. A part number and the price would be awesome. My local service dept uses them for the track and balance system but couldn't find the part number of just the plug it self in Eurocopter's system.

Here is a photo of the plug being used to charge a start-stick:
http://www.start-sti...-charger-cable/

In the meantime my solution is to use Monster Audio speaker banana style plugs. They work great as long as you don't accidentally flip flop the positive and negative which will cook your USB charger.

Thanks!

helicopterray
15th Jun 2013, 02:02
I can find out on Monday and let you know. I have one at work.

WLM
15th Jun 2013, 02:49
Hi
Here is the part number and we paid Euro76 in 2011

- Connector, PN MS3106A16-11P

Rgds :O

IMO
15th Jun 2013, 03:07
Connector bi-polar male is 555A.Got one a few weeks ago. It fits the female socket 6410M. Cost about 300euro which when you get it you'll wonder how they get away with daylight robbery

helicopterray
15th Jun 2013, 05:15
WLM,

That MS connector is what everyone swaps out to. He was asking about the original French connector. Seems IMO has it.

chucksweet
15th Jun 2013, 13:09
I just had my avionics shop put a 12 volt barrel /Cigarette lighter connector in where you plug your headphones in. They also offered to put a USB connector in.

John R81
15th Jun 2013, 18:28
In Europe I think that would not be allowed as a mod. I needed this same power take-off to make a Flymap 7 as a carry-off (not design / get approval for a MOD to have it "installed"). Daylight robbery, and a significant delay to source it.

Nomad110
15th Jun 2013, 23:27
Wow pricey. Thanks guys. I just might stick with my homemade connector that works like a charm.

Yko66Coupe
12th Oct 2013, 18:49
YKO,

Please feel free to use the Advertise link at the top of every page,

Senior Pilot

FullTravelFree
13th Oct 2013, 08:55
I've been using the banana plugs for years now. Works fine, I used a sig-lighter splitter
with two female sig-lighter plugs, so I can charge both my GPS and my phone! :-)
You can add a diode if you're worried about accidentally swapping pos and neg.
Unless you want to sponsor Eurocopter (or AirBusCopter :E ) with their 350 euro plug!

FTF

Arm out the window
13th Oct 2013, 21:19
Sounds a bit like the special string for the AS350 'sideslip indicator', I believe the genuine item cost a decent number of Euros if you didn't want to just put any piece of appropriately sized string there when it broke!

Yko66Coupe
13th Oct 2013, 22:20
YKO,

Please feel free to use the Advertise (http://www.pprune.org/advertise.php) link at the top of every page,

Senior Pilot