PDA

View Full Version : Apple site

gas path
14th Jun 2013, 14:08
Anybody else suffered a major 'crash' of their M$ computer when accessing the apple site? I've tried three times and its resulted in a 'blue screen' the only message is a 'display adaptor has recovered from a crash' notification in the bottom r/h of the task bar.
The screen flashes, fails, then a really loud buzz from the speakers and the system restarts:{:{
The only other task in use at the same time is iTunes.

Ancient Observer
14th Jun 2013, 14:13
You missed an "h" off one of your words. It goes between "s" and "i".
Mixture will be along soon, so be prepared to duck.

mixture
14th Jun 2013, 14:24
gas path,

Sounds like you've got one messed up PC on your hands !

Works absolutely fine on my PC and my Mac.

Get your PC looked at.

gas path
14th Jun 2013, 18:55
Just to prove to myself after an hour or so it did it again but only when looking at the apple site. :ugh:Wanted to take a look at the 'support' bit.
Anyway later on Mr. M$ popped up and informed me it was a problem with the ATI graphics card.
Updated the graphics drivers ... but I've not been back to apple.com

mixture
14th Jun 2013, 19:19
As I said. Try as you might to associate it with the Apple website, the problem is with your PC, not with the website.

Your PC has serious problems, end of story.

gas path
14th Jun 2013, 19:37
Apologies Mixture if you think I'm knocking anything Apple. On the contrary I have just bought 3 new 7th gen iPods, one of which I hope to use in the car and I was looking at the adaptor leads and the manual. I also have a latest 4th gen 64Gb iPad and have been looking to get an iPhone 4 or 5 (cant make up my mind which one).
I just seemed odd that all the failures of the pc were when I looked at the iOS7 details. This machine hasn't given any trouble since:ok::ok:

Milo Minderbinder
14th Jun 2013, 20:05
I think you'll probably find the crashes are due to an out of date browser - or plugins
Most website still use Flash for videos. Given the mutual loathing between Adobe and Apple, the videos on the Apple website are likely to be something else - probably native HTML5. An old browser won't understand that and will crash.
Or.....your graphics card is on the way out and is being pushed over the edge by the Apple videos. ATi cards have a habit of failing like that - crashing when faced with online video streams

gas path
14th Jun 2013, 20:40
Thanks Milo. It was the iOS7 video that I'd attempted to look at. It just seemed odd that it crashed twice when I looked at it in quick succession and again just to 'prove' it to myself an hour or so later. (The pc hadn't been off in the meantime).
I tried youtube videos they were fine.
Anyway the graphics drivers are now fully up to date.

Milo Minderbinder
14th Jun 2013, 20:49
just checked
thats a Quicktime video - an Apple format
Could be your Quicktime plugins are broken or out of date. or not installed.

Uninstall all existing Quicktime installations, then download and install anew from
Apple - QuickTime - Download (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/)