PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Direct Entry First Officers

Pages : 1 [2]

Basejump
20th Sep 2013, 21:09
I know someone who got a call for an interview.... Let the games begin!

Stall-turn-Go
25th Sep 2013, 12:52
Hi All,

I had a reply this morning from the recruitment team stating that applications are still being assessed and that applicants should receive responses via email during October

Hope that's useful to all who are waiting

captain two-holds
28th Sep 2013, 15:31
Base Jump, don't suppose you know what experience level this person was??

Basejump
30th Sep 2013, 00:43
I know the week before last a few Aer Arann guys had interviews. Last week a number of guys had interviews, all of the ones I know of were 200hr cadets. They interviewed guys who caught their eye from FTE I believe. And others who trained else where.

The process was two pilots. Unlike the one pilot and HR guy/gal setup. Mainly HR type questions "tell us about you", certain hypothetical CRM situation type questions "captain breaking SOP's what would you do?", then very basic tech questions. Then you've to complete the two of the online aptitude tests. (Numerical and verbal reasoning). I believe a few guys got called for a sim check within a few hours of the interview. Quick process!

swaairways
2nd Oct 2013, 10:20
Got called for an interview today after a long long wait. They were offering interviews asap but I had to push it back a couple of weeks. Anyone else?

talktomegoose
2nd Oct 2013, 11:11
Well done for getting an interview SWA.

What is your experience level and how well do you feel the online assessment went for you?

Just so i can get an idea of whether to expect a call aswell.

Good luck with your interview.

dirk85
2nd Oct 2013, 13:16
Looks like they are starting with the Irish guys.

Fair enough, hopefully there will be some hope also for those living on the continent...

Woody12
2nd Oct 2013, 16:52
@swaairways

Got last week also a phone call. Normally interview was for this week but had to delay till nov because of schedule issues. They will call me back as soon they have new dates.

FemalePilot1691
3rd Oct 2013, 16:40
I was told in I would hear back "by September", I emailed them today saying I was yet to hear anything, the reply was:

"We will be in contact with all applicants in due course, thank you for your patience"

So its not a 'No'...yet!

rwy
3rd Oct 2013, 18:06
Hey guys, i wrote to them as well and got the following reply on 18 sept:
Applications are being assessed at the moment and you will be contacted via email by September.......I guess now it is October as someone posted up here!
Which is good news...So patience...

Can you help me with this? I would like to know how you guys are checking the status of the application on the careers homepage you mentioned? can you indicate the steps?

Talewind
3rd Oct 2013, 20:17
What e-mail address are you guys sending to. I emailed [email protected] a while ago and got no response. Only wondering as poster above me seemed to get reply within the day.

Thanks

b737air
16th Oct 2013, 13:37
Any news ????

G-GOLF
17th Oct 2013, 21:18
Applications are being assessed at the moment and you will be contacted via email by December.

Received this from them in response to my email. Still in the game I guess!

Wodka
17th Oct 2013, 22:13
So... first it was Sept then Oct then Nov and now Dec... Bored now!

G-GOLF
17th Oct 2013, 22:25
When I applied in 2010 it took 7 months to get a response.

a320--
2nd Nov 2013, 02:19
This thread is gone strangely quite the past couple of weeks, whats going on did everyone get interviews resulting in jobs :)

B-U-S-S
3rd Nov 2013, 10:41
I think they changed strategy. They are looking for contract pilots through Sigma now with interviews mid november.

Woody12
3rd Nov 2013, 15:29
Would not he surprised if we all get in december a letter saying: " tx for applying but no tx.....".

Welcome to aviation.:ugh:

truckflyer
3rd Nov 2013, 23:37
Sigma is not for main AL ops.

a320--
4th Nov 2013, 10:21
I believe it, Sigma contacted my at the end of September for immediate start in London Heathrow base. Min 1000hrs and I think 800 on type.

I only have the rating so obviously couldn't go to an interview.

belowradar
4th Nov 2013, 11:44
Even with thousands of PFO to make a simple standard email message is not that difficult to setup to put the herd out of its misery

Rudeness seems to be the new standard for Airlines these days not just AL

They don't appear to understand the market demands and fail miserably to cope with the workload that they generate for themselves

So its either follow the agencies and get screwed or do it yourself and fail miserably

Come on guys if there are hundreds of type rated experienced pilots out there why not just advertise to them and save the rest of us some hassle

A38lephant
7th Nov 2013, 15:05
Chaps and Chapesses,

Anyone any idea whats involved in the Aer Lingus sim check?

cheers

Stall-turn-Go
7th Nov 2013, 15:54
Hi A38lephant,

Does this mean you have a sim check booked? If so would you say your experience, etc and when your interview took place. Mine (interview) was at the beginning of October and I'm yet to hear back. Anyone else in a similar position I'd be interested to hear from you too?

Many Thanks

Boing7117
13th Nov 2013, 12:17
Anyone prepared to give a low down on the interview? Please feel free to PM me if you prefer. I'm non TR with an interview coming up soon.

lyubko
20th Nov 2013, 11:46
I tried to log in on their web-page several times, but unsuccessful . Actually twice part-successful with user name and password but they ask me security questions and no mater what - it's blocked on this step.. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif
Is this " THE END " label ??

immelmann87
21st Nov 2013, 06:45
lyubko, I can log in as usual and there is no change in my application status.

Woody12
21st Nov 2013, 10:00
@lyubko

In answering the questions on the AI website take care: the answers are case sensitive.

I checked again this morning and it worked for me. Nothing has changed. This company is a waste of time in my opinion.

subdub
25th Nov 2013, 18:15
Interested to hear from anyone who may still be waiting for a response after completing the sim-check.

Cheers guys

lyubko
25th Nov 2013, 20:07
It seems you are right Woody. Actually I wasn't nice on web assessment but finally they didn't put me "unsuccessful" status.. and if I can see / read well - there is no one guy to SIM bring up, or may be no one ppruner ..

Wodka
3rd Dec 2013, 17:57
Bored the other day, I emailed for an update... got this back -

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email.

We will be in contact with all candidates in due course.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
The Aer Lingus Recruitment Team

... Seriously? :rolleyes:

B-U-S-S
4th Dec 2013, 12:12
I checked my status and it was "Invited to pre selection online test", so I emailed them, as I completed it long time ago. I don't hope that something went wrong in the system. Anyone else have this status?

b737air
4th Dec 2013, 12:23
Same here.

Capt_Sensible
5th Dec 2013, 12:58
How do you check your status?

Do you have a link?

b737air
5th Dec 2013, 13:06
https://aerlingus.recruitment.northgatearinso.com/lgrl/

Left you will see " Your Account". Check there!

Capt_Sensible
6th Dec 2013, 23:28
Thx for the link, after only just finding out that you can check the status of the application I found out that it says "Your application for this vacancy was sent on 02/07/2013 and currently has a status of Invite to pre selection online test"

I can't believe it!!!!

What do I do now??? I did the online daft tests back in July....

Harry palmer
7th Dec 2013, 16:17
Does anyone know if all recruitment is for ROI or if Gatwick is still a viable base option for the ongoing recruitment? Is it still a crew base?

B-U-S-S
8th Dec 2013, 07:41
I think everyone who has not been invited for the interview has this status, so don't worry.

G-GOLF
13th Dec 2013, 17:05
Yes, my status has also been the same since taking the tests.

Harry palmer
23rd Dec 2013, 22:16
Anyone from the recent interviews had any feedback?

Stall-turn-Go
6th Jan 2014, 19:44
No feedback received here. Hoping the new year will bring news as time to train newcomers before the summer season starts to run out...

yoland
9th Jan 2014, 11:38
It's bizarre. One of the agencies are looking for F/Os for immediate start based out of LHR/DUB.

Anunaki
9th Jan 2014, 15:34
Just saw that on Latestpilotjobs too,change of strategy for them?

Citationcj2
9th Jan 2014, 20:03
Friend of mine starting on the 14th of January. He was in well before november, think there was 6 lads in his group that got trough the selection.
Some people are just pure lucky.

Harry palmer
13th Jan 2014, 13:05
Anyone from the more recent interviews heard anything? With the guys getting courses which bases are being offered?

lyubko
24th Jan 2014, 10:58
S........................ is delighted to announce that we are now accepting a limited number of new applications for our A320 FO requirement with our client Aer Lingus.
The position on offer is a contractor role based in London Heathrow / Dublin.

macflea
24th Jan 2014, 13:11
i see Simtech (http://www.simtech.ie) have the lastest cadet recruits from aer lingus who did their mcc up on their website . it would be interesting to see their profiles so we might learn .

Harry palmer
4th Feb 2014, 10:57
Anyone hearing anything from last years interviews? Has anyone been invited for sim assessment?

MoonandBack
11th Feb 2014, 15:56
Do you guys not think this is totally dead in the water now? Interview done in September/October and heard absolutely nothing since then? Sounds like they changed their recruitment plans to me.

Citationcj2
11th Feb 2014, 16:09
I think so. Friend of mine just started on the 14th of january. TR done, sim checks done,etc,etc. I think the rest of the lads in his group are all flying already.

It aint looking good.

Harry palmer
11th Feb 2014, 17:49
In the same boat as are several others that I am aware of all interviewed between October and December last year. But I do know two Non Type Rated experienced guys who were interview last week. So possibly not a closed book as yet. We hope!

gonzags
14th Feb 2014, 16:12
Just receive this:

Dear .............,

Thank you for your application for the role of Direct Entry First Officer.

Unfortunately we must inform you that on this occasion your application is unsuccessful.

We would like to thank you for your interest in Aer Lingus and wish you every success in your future career.

Yours Sincerely,

The Aer Lingus Recruitment Team

Wodka
14th Feb 2014, 16:22
They have finally found the PFO button on the website admin!

Standfor
14th Feb 2014, 16:26
Same here... after 7 months and without any explanations

antes56
14th Feb 2014, 16:41
same email :(

Woody12
14th Feb 2014, 16:45
Hi guys

Long time ago i ve been here. Just to tell you that i also received the PFO. Send them a letter back that i found it a pitty of my waisted energy and time. Well, still happy to be out of aviation.

Good luck!

Professor Rubik
14th Feb 2014, 17:22
Well well well....the famous Friday five o'clock hit and run email to ruin your weekend and avoid responses! How very professional! Don't know why I expected anything more from this lot really having been totally :mad: in the dark for five months.

Another total fiasco chalked up in aviation recruitment!

magicmick
14th Feb 2014, 18:37
Thanks but no thanks also, good to hear a result I suppose and it seems that I've got plenty of company.

MoonandBack
14th Feb 2014, 21:46
Hehehe... almost five months and then I finally get this. I had given up hope a loooooong time ago!

Sytced
15th Feb 2014, 09:45
+1 "thanks but no thanks" :rolleyes:

tingletangle
15th Feb 2014, 11:03
Same here...

dan1165
15th Feb 2014, 11:18
Same 4 me ... So longgggggg time ago that I forgot I did these :mad: tests :} !

Tekor Bali
15th Feb 2014, 14:45
In the same boat!
Crazy company...many months of silence and then a NO without reasons! With type rating on A320 and 600 Jet hours!
No words

porksword
25th Feb 2014, 09:32
7 months wait and then PFO!!

5k total time and 1200 320!

Last time Ill ever apply to this mob!:ugh:

MCDU2
25th Feb 2014, 10:11
Why do you feel your hours are of relevance to your PFO letter? Were there not a battery of tests to get through?

Whatsitallabout
25th Feb 2014, 20:37
@Porksword, you do understand that nearly 5,000 applied for the positions? I find it laughable the amount of people who have a sense of entitlement to the position on the basis of hours alone. Did it ever occur to you that they might look at other qualities aside from the basic legal requirements needed to fly the aircraft? At least they finally got back to people about their application. To denigrate AL simply because they didn't pick you seems quite childish in my opinion.

belowradar
6th Mar 2014, 07:13
Hogwash

They advertised for a very small number of positions, totally misunderstood the market and created a mammoth task for themselves that they were unable to resource correctly

OR

They are a bunch of idiots who couldn't organise a p up in a brewery

Take you pick I suspect both of these apply

3500 hours MCC fATPL

MCDU2
6th Mar 2014, 11:06
Whats with the publishing of all these logbook hours. You gals and girls need to get it out of your head that having a certain level of hours will guarantee you a job. Its no different at BA, Virgin, Emirates or just about any other airline. All hours do is satisfy whatever minimum requirement is being asked for at the time and gets your application considered. There is still no guarantee you will be called forward.

More to the point you should be considering factors such as training risk, and looking at past successful candidates and what skillsets they had.

belowradar
12th Mar 2014, 22:27
I disagree

I believe that the FAA have the correct approach with the rule that you must have 1500 hours of flight experience before you fly a transport aircraft

We have a system in Europe that favours rich kids with more money than sense and a bunch of training agencies that line their own pockets an subsidise the costs of the airline ( a rather perverse setup)

RexBanner
13th Mar 2014, 06:17
Belowradar within the boundaries of the status quo in recruitment, MCDU2 is correct and it is a fair point. Your point may be valid but it is the subject for another thread not this one (and there are lots of them!)

belowradar
13th Mar 2014, 20:02
Rexbanner

I think you are defending an indefensible position

The AL recruitment process was definitely badly handled and puts the recruitment dept of the organisation in a very poor light with a great many qualified pilots. I don't think that is in dispute looking at the majority posts on the subject

I was a big fan of AL but that is not the case now, I. Am big enough to handle rejection but not blatant corporate ignorance

MCDU2
13th Mar 2014, 22:51
Why are they ignorant, cos they said no to your 3,500 hours? Why no atpl? Are you instructing? Did you get through the online tests? Did you do any research and ask yourself what skillsets airlines want these days? Look where BA gets its pilots or Easy and AL. I am afraid in the last 10 years its been all about managing training risk to an acceptable level. Walk through an airport and look at the guys wearing the 2 stripes. They fit a certain mould.

truckflyer
14th Mar 2014, 00:28
3500 hours on SEP / MEP has very little value unfortunately.

Most companies at least want 500 hours multi-crew experience, and if you have 500 hours jet, than you think most boxes. However there are no guarantees regardless!

belowradar
14th Mar 2014, 07:30
MCDU2

Yes that is what I am saying they do fit a very
Narrow mould

The mould is one that is leading to accidents due to lack of basic
Flying experience I don't think that is in doubt

I am guessing you might be of that mould yourself

MCDU2
14th Mar 2014, 09:34
You aren't seriously making inferences on incident levels within AL are you? That sort of tattle is what goes around the crew rooms of flight schools (crap ones) and is peddled by the ace of the base as is sadly regurgitated by the naive wanabes who know no better. It's the same drivel that has gotten people into legal hot water with a certain loco.

The mould that AL has is pretty much the same as BA and the other airlines that take in cadets and DE pilots. Its called standards.

Sadly your SE experience is only of value to a dwindling niche of mainly TP airlines. The writing was on the wall as I said about 10 years ago for the self improver route. The next big hurdle (assuming you get a TP gig) is getting off TPs and onto jets. But anyway you should know this if you had done your due diligence. Oher avenues would be business jets.

belowradar
15th Mar 2014, 13:04
MCDU2

You have made more than one assumption

yoland
2nd Apr 2014, 18:53
Sigma looking for first officers with immediate start. Looks like a shortage of crews for the summer. Having said that I have a good friend on a contract and hasn't exactly received the cead mile failte on the line. What an unprofessional way to treat a fellow country man.:rolleyes:

Darren999
12th Apr 2014, 01:38
I have a chance to undertake a 737 type rating here is the US. I will be returning home to the UK shortly. I understand I have to sit the JAA exams, I have a type rating and fly the Lear 31.
My question I need advice on please is.
If I did undertake the 737 NG type rating, would this possibly help with a job with a European carrier?

Thank you to all...

fayz76
31st Jan 2015, 05:28
Anyone knows if the Sigma contractors get a permanent contract with EI? I'm currently in the desert trying to get back to UK with the family. I understand money is not going to be the same in UK but need to know if anyone from Sigma managed to get a permanent contract with AL after their 2 year contract.

Thank you.

Merovingio
2nd Feb 2015, 12:07
From what they said in the assessment..... Few people get it.... Around 2 of 50.

So it is hard but not impossible.