View Full Version : Sit up Straight when making a PA

PanZa-Lead
13th Jun 2013, 09:23
Cant believe we now have a Cathay book on how to make a PA.

"Sit up straight when making a PA"

What a nanny airline we are now

albatross
13th Jun 2013, 10:29
Stupidity.com - Barely Air #1: Pilot Talk! Video by Stupidity (http://www.stupidity.com/video/447/barely-air-1-pilot-talk/)

Sometimes we need to laugh at ourselves.

Sand Man
13th Jun 2013, 11:24
Don't forget to smile:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

Cpt. Underpants
13th Jun 2013, 11:59
Guys..

Do you HAVE TO drag every NTC into the public domain?

Don't feed the trolls.

Basil
13th Jun 2013, 12:43
NTC? No To Clowning? :E

cxorcist
13th Jun 2013, 18:45
The best way to ensure professional PAs would be a legitimate effort to reduce fatigue in our cockpits. That is not happening, obviously.

I can see it now...

Joe Junior Something to Prove TCC had to give you a 3 for your PA. You weren't sitting up straight and smiling, and it affected your inflection and tone. I don't care if you're tired. It is irrelevant that you signed on at midnight for an eight hour two-man sector after a 24 hour layover with interrupted rest by multiple Islamic calls to prayer or fire alarm tests at the HH.

crwkunt roll
14th Jun 2013, 03:51
Fresh Swi*e College grads need something to do.

monster330
14th Jun 2013, 04:39
Simple. Stop making PA's.

I have. Except when I need to tell a bunch of passengers from certain countries, to "sit down, now, put your seatbelt on or you will be offloaded"

Waxing nice about CX and what a pleasure it is to fly them....fcuk that

Captain Dart
14th Jun 2013, 05:19
It has the air of an underworked and overpaid pilot manager justifying his position by coming up with this patronising drivel...or maybe a retired one as a 'consultant'.

Shareholders' money well spent...NOT!

PNM
14th Jun 2013, 06:03
I sat up straight and smiled during my PAs today. Wow! What a difference it made. I really wish such guidance existed years ago.

CXtreme
14th Jun 2013, 08:53
Just a sign of how management will try to keep "absolute control " We will even tell ( not train ) them how to make P.A's. Beware Dragon Air F/O's, your days of talking to the pax is over..... we now have a document to show Captains, and Captains alone, how to convince customers that God himself is flying them.

treboryelk
14th Jun 2013, 10:04
I sat up straight and smiled too....sorry, i almost pissed my pants laughing! it was a struggle to finish with even a little composure!

Kasompe
14th Jun 2013, 10:09
And wait.....coming next is that no one is allowed to tease the Airbus crews or joke about the "Bus!! So, unfortunately, banter amongst colleagues and humour are on their way out too. I'd have thought new routes, new markets, larger aircraft etc would have been more pressing, but evidently not!
So, to all my mates on both the Half Past Three Bus, and the Twenty To Four Bus whom I have mercilessly ribbed over the years, I apologise wholeheartedly for my wickedness. I've now seen the error of my ways!:E

Captain Dart
14th Jun 2013, 10:35
It's OK, tease away, we are used to it.

Having said that, there is some beautiful footage of today's 350 Bus first flight on the R&N Forum. Assuming no 787-like problems, this one will be a winner.

And as I've said before, it would be interesting watching the Boeing boys falling over themselves to fly the 380 if it was ordered...(spoken in a fruity British accent, 'I've always been an Airbus man old chap...').

Nice to know that having signed for these multi million dollar machines, we will know how how to make the P.A.

bigbeerbelly
14th Jun 2013, 11:38
This is typical condescending management ****e. Basically, "We don't care how long you have been doing this job. Let me tell you the correct way to make a PA."

nitpicker330
14th Jun 2013, 13:25
There's nothing to say you have to read it.

So, like the fuel saving NTC.

O.I.C. :ok:

arse
14th Jun 2013, 13:33
The handbook provides "guidance", only i.e. it is not authoritative.

The “Welcome aboard” and “Arrival” P/As should (not MUST) be made
by the Commander and should not (not MUST not) be delegated.

Kasompe
14th Jun 2013, 14:03
Pics of the 350? It certainly is a good looking aircraft. Hopefully it will not have any major problems....
:ok:

crwkunt roll
14th Jun 2013, 14:24
The last Captain to have his PA translated in to "Putongwire" was reported for being abusive and angry towards the passengers. As long as he was sitting up and smiling I'm sure he'll have no worries!!!

Oval3Holer
18th Jun 2013, 16:09
The handbook provides "guidance", only i.e. it is not authoritative.

The “Welcome aboard” and “Arrival” P/As should (not MUST) be made
by the Commander and should not (not MUST not) be delegated.

Try arguing the "should" versus "must" when you find a "2" in your annual line check report!

Thunderbird4
19th Jun 2013, 02:13
ooooooh not a "2", please don't give me a "2".

What an archaic system......

China Flyer
19th Jun 2013, 02:29
How would you know you got a 2? My checker has never told me my marks during the de-brief..

Does any Captain (of the non-ambitious sort) even check their ERAS? I go with the understanding that our checkers are amongst the best in the world, hence their de-briefs must also be above average. Hence everything I need to know was covered in the de-brief. End of story, surely?

broadband circuit
19th Jun 2013, 10:16
Try arguing the "should" versus "must" when you find a "2" in your annual line check report!

According to the handbook, only captains should be doing them anyway, so how many captains give a flying f*&k about getting a 2 for "PA"?

On a more worrying angle, the real danger is for someone on command course getting an adverse comment and a 2. As much as we make fun of it here, that could potentially cause heartache for a command trainee.

What an archaic system......