PDA

View Full Version : ALAEA Video News

ALAEA Fed Sec
11th Jun 2013, 00:25
I was ordered by our Executive to start making these again so here it is -

ALAEA News June 2013 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud2GtPzXxTU&feature=youtu.be)

Time to start working on the Aviation Survey presentation.

cheers

Ejector
11th Jun 2013, 02:31
Hehe.... Oz Aviation prick of the month award, (towards the end) Classic. :ok:

Interesting Vid.

Interesting that Alliance was so easy to deal with, there are a lot of happy guys there. :)

Anulus Filler
11th Jun 2013, 04:05
Interesting that Alliance was so easy to deal with, there are a lot of happy guys there.

They don't waste money on a parasitic human resources department. Rather, they just get the job done.:D

Jethro Gibbs
11th Jun 2013, 10:54
LinkedIn Profile Says it all they always have a LinkedIn Profile .
Paul Moore's Summary
My objective is to progress as a Leader and Manager, adding value and increasing operational effectiveness & efficiency to my given organisation.

I strive to be successful in a Leadership role, using effective communication and sound leadership qualities, to maintain a high level of service to our people and customers, delivering a safe and competitive product.

I aim to work in an environment where I am able to utilise my technical experience and background, yet combine this with my leadership, management and Lean Production & Six Sigma skills and training. This will ultimately advance and develop my team, and I strongly believe that my relationship with my colleagues is paramount to our success.

Personal development is very important to me, I am a keen learner, and I am particularly interested in the fields of positive psychology, culture & behaviours’, and the change management processes. :eek: What Ever

ALAEA Fed Sec
11th Jun 2013, 11:10
Jethro this forum is meant to be in bloody English. I can help with the translations though.

My objective is to progress as a Leader and Manager, adding value and increasing operational effectiveness & efficiency to my given organisation.

I will f**k over anyone and everyone to advance myself.

I strive to be successful in a Leadership role, using effective communication and sound leadership qualities, to maintain a high level of service to our people and customers, delivering a safe and competitive product.

I crush anyone who wants to report safety issues.

I aim to work in an environment where I am able to utilise my technical experience and background, yet combine this with my leadership, management and Lean Production & Six Sigma skills and training. This will ultimately advance and develop my team, and I strongly believe that my relationship with my colleagues is paramount to our success.

I've learnt the language of bullsh1t and no longer consider my underlings my colleagues.

Personal development is very important to me, I am a keen learner, and I am particularly interested in the fields of positive psychology, culture & behaviours’, and the change management processes.

I don't have a real life.

Jethro Gibbs
11th Jun 2013, 11:40
Thanks for the Translation that's what I Thought he Said He also seems to be Drinking Far to much Koolaid .

buttmonkey1
11th Jun 2013, 14:02
the video updates is a great idea.
and p.o.t.m., priceless. name and shame.

gerry111
11th Jun 2013, 15:38
Goodness Steve....

I thought that all those young but expert Six Sigma Blackbelts and MBA's had all gone just a little bit quiet since the GFC...

The advertising of those training courses has certainly gone missing.

Your analysis of Jethro Gibbs's comments is simply brilliant! And his immature response to you is just so typical.

Thats what she said
11th Jun 2013, 22:55
I'm sorry, but isn't this the Professional Pilot's Rumour Network???

I'm getting a tad tired of our forum being used for union purposes, particularly engineering union purposes.

Please take this stuff elsewhere.

Jack Ranga
11th Jun 2013, 23:19
Well I think it's rather important that the AME's & LAME's are here.

Ngineer
11th Jun 2013, 23:58
I'm sorry, but isn't this the Professional Pilot's Rumour Network???

Point taken, however the word "Professional" is half the requirement, and one that sometimes leaves me wondering of some that post.

Arnold E
12th Jun 2013, 00:30
"Professional"

As I see it, professional only means that you are paid to do something, not that you are necessarily good at it.

Wunwing
12th Jun 2013, 01:06
I firmly believe in the fact that the enemy of my enemy is my friend so I think its vital that the ALAEA remains on this forum.

How many other friends do we have ?

Wunwing

Jethro Gibbs
12th Jun 2013, 01:28
Gerry 111 thats moores own profile you fool look it up he wrote it

Iron Bar
12th Jun 2013, 05:38
Steve and the ALEA gang of engineers are a welcome part of PPrune. In my opinion.

ALAEA Fed Sec
12th Jun 2013, 08:49
Thnx Iron Bar. Although Engineers and Pilots don't agree on things 100% of the time, I reckon 99% would just about cover it. My workmates and I have been posting on here for many years and you (pilots) and the mods have always made us feel welcome. Thnx guys.

A tip for the pilot who doesn't want us here. Just don't read my posts.

gerry111
12th Jun 2013, 09:14
Apologies, Jethro. My misunderstanding.:ok:

Jethro Gibbs
12th Jun 2013, 11:10
No problem gerry111 LinkedIn Profiles make for some interesting reading a lot of the knobs in charge love to advertise themselves .

004wercras
12th Jun 2013, 12:55
Perhaps the website could be renamed The Professional Aviation Rumour Network? I know I know, it's not as simple as that, but the world has changed, and in reality this website has changed/morphed/expanded as well. Jetblast is an example, dozens and dozens of threads that are not pilot related? And no, I'm not being critical, but in reality it hasn't been a purely pilot network for a long time. And when it comes to safety, and pushing the safety message, everybody in aviation plays an important role because in the end whether we like it or not we totally depend upon each other, if one link in the chain breaks then the whole deck of cards comes crashing down. In aviation we all have assumed many different roles yet in the same field so to speak. A united effort is required if we are to continue fighting despot CEO's, dangerous government aviation bureaucracies and those hell bent on decimating safety and often people's livelihood for the sake of a bonus.

Perhaps Steve can include some guest appearances on his channel (Howes and Wirthless excluded). Could start with Mal Brough and his excellent work with the Julia Gillard Restaurant Menu :D
Very entertaining!

ALAEA Fed Sec
12th Jun 2013, 13:19
I reckon Bob Katter or Nick X would get a run.

Thats what she said
12th Jun 2013, 21:13
I'm sorry 004, but if anyone thinks these union posts have anytrhing to do with safety they are kidding themselves.

Promotion of unions and their activities has no place here.

The death of a well known airline pilot does, yet it has immediately been moved to GA Questions and Answers.... Please!!!!!

ALAEA Fed Sec
12th Jun 2013, 21:25
Without unions Qantas would not exist today after we played a key role scuttling the Texan takeover. How many Pilot and Engineering jobs would have been lost?

Without the work we do on Regulatory issues, the self serving managers would have reduced the standards in this country to nothing more than Indonesia. Unions provide a balancing voice to protect our industry.

Townsville Refueller
13th Jun 2013, 08:46
While I appreciate this Forum is primarily for Pilots, I have always believed that it was open to ALL Aviation Professionals, even us lowly ranked Refuellers, certainly hope it stays that way. :ok:

Keep up the great work Steve, your posts are always interesting. :ok:

Bro was an ATC
13th Jun 2013, 11:50
Pilots only? Fair go. Aviation by it's very nature has to be a partnership of many fields (meteorology, engineering, avionics etc.). My user ID is Bro was an ATC. Not, "Bro is an ATC" or "Bro is a retired ATC". Hung himself aged 55. Alcohol didn't help. High stress job, having a few at the airport bar was tacitly approved, no matter the time. Finish at 6am, unwind with a few. It can turn into a habit, it did. Clearly, other factors involved, although on the other side of the coin, I honestly believe if he'd been a school teacher (would've been a headmaster at least)we'd be sharing a beer next year for his 60th birthday. Aviation for friends & family too! We care.

Bro was an ATC
13th Jun 2013, 11:58
It's probably an oldie but a goodie, but my Bro who was an ATC always called pilots "Overpaid Bus Drivers"

AEROMEDIC
13th Jun 2013, 12:31
That's what she said.

I'm sure the moderators would have something to say if they felt that a thread was not appropriate for this forum. They haven't, thankfully, as ALL aviation issues are of interest, even to those not necessarily working in those roles under discussion in any thread.
This forum has had a number of joint concerns for both pilots and engineers (and even the travelling public) and I think that these discussions have brought these groups closer together through greater understanding of mutual issues.

Definitely a plus !

:ok:

Managers Perspective
13th Jun 2013, 17:57
The point being well made is that this is a Professional Pilots Rumour Network, sadly it has become an extension of the ALAEA website.

Each have their own place in the industry.

No disrespect intended, just not the place for "ALAEA Video News".

We all welcome the ALAEA input in the debated topics, but not their propaganda.

MP