PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Which is the best ATPL Groundschool???

ChampagneSupernova
23rd Feb 2001, 08:25
Please help. I soon will be starting my ATPL writtens and really could do with some genuine 'real life' advice.

Which school is the best????..
ATA, Bristol, PPSC, OATS, Cabair????

Help and advice gratefully received, thanks.

[This message has been edited by ChampagneSupernova (edited 23 February 2001).]

JB007
23rd Feb 2001, 18:08
www.atatraining.co.uk (http://www.atatraining.co.uk)
I'm here in CVT at the moment - gets my vote!
Give them a call....

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

seadog
24th Feb 2001, 12:55
Ther's only one .... Bristol!

ChampagneSupernova
24th Feb 2001, 22:09
Seadog,

Is Bristol really good?? I have a friend whos doing his IR there soon and was considering doing mine there too.

However at the mo' I need to worry about the writtens. I've heard good and bad things about most of the schools, so how big are the classes at Bristol and what are the instructors like??

------------------
Do you Believe??

Dizzy
24th Feb 2001, 22:10
I am not at any groundschool as yet, but have done a little rooting around. All the ones you have mentioned are reputable (please, no harsh replies, I am only trying to help!).
But, my choice will be either London Guildhall University or ATA.
I did look at the highly recommended Bristol, but they don't do a full-time course which is what I want to do.
Best advice has to be visit as many as you can on your shortlist, then collar a student and ask them how their treated. I believe this is pretty universal advice>
Best of luck!!!

TooHotToFly
24th Feb 2001, 22:46
Every groundschool place generally gets glowing reports. There are a few people who've had bad experiences but on the whole, you can't go wrong with any of them. Having said that, Bristol does just seem to get slightly better recommendations.

ChampagneSupernova
25th Feb 2001, 07:45
Thanks for the replies guys.

------------------
Do you Believe??