PDA

View Full Version : Sant som det er sagt...

TowerDog
8th Jun 2013, 17:24
http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/attachments/popular-yacht-topics/59594d1369658157-boat-jokes-pilots-jpg

An2
10th Jun 2013, 06:47
My missus usually states the same sentiment,...although finishing it off with something on the lines of -"...AND he's not a pilot..."
:}

Clearly,...TD...we live in different worlds!!! :E

You're doin' good over there? Boat is still afloat?

joerkaaff
10th Jun 2013, 12:22
That's right, dear. A pilot!

Which means
a) he'll never make you rich
b) he'll be away whenever something matters
c) you'll spend most christmases alone
d) you'll never again plan more than 2 weeks ahead
e) you can kiss your own career goodbye
f) you'll move around a lot
g) you've got a 75% chance of getting divorced either over alcohol, infidelity or loss of contact.

Take some advice, little girl. Get yourself an engineer, lawyer, doctor, teacher, policeman, construction worker or a priest.. Anything but a pilot.

I've seen this poster a few times previously, especially on certain social websites. Makes me cringe every time; it's just so far from the truth it becomes ironic. My wife married be despite me being a pilot.

TowerDog
11th Jun 2013, 00:24
I've seen this poster a few times previously, especially on certain social websites. Makes me cringe every time; it's just so far from the truth it becomes ironic.

No sense of humor...:sad:

It was a joke, but if one has to explain, it is already way too late:{

You're doin' good over there? Boat is still afloat?

Yeah, doing okay I'd say, but sold the boat a few weeks ago, now a dirt dweller.:sad:

An2
18th Jun 2013, 09:36
Sold the boat?! Ouch!:ouch:
Sorry for your loss. :sad:

Still flying, or have you been made redundant?

TowerDog
20th Jun 2013, 18:12
Still flying, or have you been made redundant?

Yeah, still flying: On my way to a 60 hr lay-over in Rio De Janeiro now. Kind of rough duty but somebody has to do it. :=

How thing over in Scandiland?
Have not been there in ages, thinking about a trip in August but afraid I may get sidetracked by the beautiful women and the strong drinks, my willpower still ain't what it never was.:sad: