PDA

View Full Version : Unable to install latest Java update

parabellum
6th Jun 2013, 23:08
Tried several times, each time I get almost to the end and then a window comes up:
"Windows has found a problem with this file:

Unknown Publisher

Name: jre1.7.0_21-c.msi

Blocked because no valid digital signature that verifies the publisher"

OS is Windows 7.

In older OS there used to be a box to untick to allow the installation but I can't find anything like that in Windows 7.

Any help or advice please?

Milo Minderbinder
6th Jun 2013, 23:14
try the offline installer from here instead

Download Java for Windows - Offline Installation (http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_offline.jsp)

Saab Dastard
6th Jun 2013, 23:46
I've just installed it via Control Panel, Java, update, update now. No problem. Win 7 Pro.

SD

parabellum
6th Jun 2013, 23:50
Thanks Milo, Saab, strange, I did try the off-line install but must have done something wrong as it went in this time no problems at all!

Thanks again.

EDIT: Just noticed Java changed the file name only slightly and it also a slightly different size to my previous attempts, could be they fixed the problem?

uridavid
21st Jul 2013, 14:36
while trying to update Java to jre1.7.0_25 it requires uninstall of previous version.
during the process i get an error saying i don't have jre1.7.0_21-c.msi on my computer to complete the uninstall.
then the only thing i can do is terminate the update

Milo Minderbinder
22nd Jul 2013, 20:11
go to the control panel / add-remove programs and uninstall all Java versions from there
then download again

MIA2011
31st Oct 2013, 02:56
Hi, I have the same issue with trying to unistall Java. Originally, I had an outdated version and attempted to update. The update gave me an error -- The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "jre1.7.0_21-c.msi" Then an error msg pops up that says installation source is unavailable.

I've already uninstalled the outdated Java, but this update won't allow me to uninstall from the control panel. It keeps giving me an error. Apparently, the destination folder is not on my computer, but I don't know how! Can you please help me?

parabellum
31st Oct 2013, 22:38
I use a programme called Final Uninstaller which seems to do a clean uninstall, it lets the programmes own uninstall facility work first and then does it's own clean up if anything has been left.

MIA2011
2nd Nov 2013, 14:22
Thank you for your response, but I used a third party service to fix it. I still don't know what caused it, but it has something to do w/one if their updates that was a vulnerable plugin.