PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who can recommend Sweflight/Sweden International Flight Academy?

ab1804
6th Jun 2013, 19:08
Hi guys and girls.

Does anyone have experience with sweflight.com ? They have fairly cheap courses!

I am seaching for ones with experience with sweflight who can recommend or just share their experiences with the school!?

What do you guys think?

ab1804
9th Jun 2013, 21:04
Anyone.? :-)

pilot11
9th Jun 2013, 23:37
You have PM...

Danyboyswe
15th Jun 2013, 17:45
It is an old Falcon (swedish post) pilot with tons of experience.
I thought it was a good place, and everything was included in the price, except lunch and accommodation in Eslöv at the theoretical part in sweden. You will fly the B737 classic simulator in Riga!

Best regards

Daniel

Lax7
29th Nov 2013, 08:51
Hey peeps!

Can anyone share more information about this school? Im considering to take my PPL her and maybe CPL too..but i understand that will be done by subcontractors? Anyone know who? Many thanks!

Chris

boga
29th Nov 2013, 16:05
Subcontractor is South Sweden School of Aeronautics.

Lax7
30th Nov 2013, 11:37
Roger that!

What about the school? Does SIFA have good facilities?
Accommodations too? Sent them an email and had some brief explanations of things. Would be good to check the place out but I am abroad at the moment until mid next year.

boga
30th Nov 2013, 19:01
SIFA has MCC and B737 type rating. Theory in Eslöv and sim in Riga.
Very experienced instructor. Full flight simulator with full motion and visuals even for the MCC. Highly recommended.

They subcontract most everything else, mainly using South Sweden School of Aeronautics that last summer moved from Eslov to Malmo Airport Sturup. My best advise is to call them.

Lax7
1st Dec 2013, 02:50
Great, its nice to hear how these instructors seem to keep getting positive comments and also knowing that they are very experienced!
Well, if I decide to join, I will let you guys know how it is!
Thanks

kristianholst
2nd Dec 2013, 07:38
I just did the CPL MEIR with SouthSweden. Great school. The sim-instructor was the guy who has SIFA. I will do the MCC with SIFA around Christmas :-)

Lax7
2nd Dec 2013, 22:43
How did that go? Do share more! Was it reasonably priced? They didn't explain to me the process of getting in the school. Do you need to do tests, interviews, etc? All I know is that for getting started with PPL, its pretty flexible with the intake dates. Not sure about CPL.

boga
3rd Dec 2013, 05:04
Call SouthSweden and ask.

alexandrantonia
23rd Jul 2016, 16:44
Has anyone gone to SSSA lately? I'm looking at doing my IR conversion and they've given me a quote that is WAY lower than any other school I've looked at. Even doubling the original quote (which they mentioned in the email just to make a point that it's not a price they can guarantee as they don't know my skills) would still land me at about 20.000 SEK less than any other schools. My pessimistic side keeps screaming "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is" and my optimistic side wants to believe them.

FarewellFire
8th Aug 2016, 20:47
I have no personal experience with SSSA but have a friend who currently is going there, also for conversion purposes from a FAA license. I've been in contact with them but in the end chose a different school even though the price was higher. The reason was mainly that I've had my fair share of flying old, old planes during my initial training in the US and wanted to fly modern, up to date planes.

The reason why SSSA can keep low prices is in my opinion because their fleet is indeed comprised mainly of very, very old aircraft and stated quotes includes several hours in the C150, as an example.

Now, I am not saying that makes it a bad school or that your training will be subpar. I am just saying that I personally felt that it was worth paying a bit more to fly a modern fleet at a more well-known school.

Just my two cents though! Good luck!

Klimax
14th Aug 2016, 12:17
These days, I'd recommend any newbie to try and get their hands on anything "old" and try it out. Anybody can learn to fly a computer plane.

alexandrantonia
24th Aug 2016, 18:17
Thanks for the answers!

I'm most likely going to start there in September, so I'll keep anyone interested posted. I don't mind flying old planes and frankly at the moment every tusenlapp makes a difference. The school has been responsive and very helpful with the paperwork needed and haven't wanted any money beforehand.

robertflies
29th Aug 2016, 18:01
I have a friend involved.

much bang for the buck.

alexandrantonia
26th Sep 2016, 13:16
So I just finished my ME/IR conversion (EASA -> FAA) and SE PC with South Sweden School of Aeronautics and I have to say that I am very pleased. I stayed at the school for three weeks and ended up paying about 20.000 SEK less than at the school I was looking at in Västerås. The school itself has a very easy-going attitude and their main objective is not making money, but making good and safe pilots. The aircraft are arguably quite old, but were armed with the same GARMIN 430s that we had in flight school in the US. They try and get you done as cheap as possible, so we did a lot of the training on the sim. It was good for dusting off the cobwebs from my instrument flying, even if it isn't the high-tec full-motion sim you might find at more expensive schools. All in all I was very happy with the outcome and met some wonderful people during the process. Excellent for shorter courses, such as the one I did.

CessJ
28th Feb 2024, 09:05
Extremely bad. The PPL course is not tailored at all as they state, there are rather strict theory and exam schedules with 100% attendance the first 6 months, making it less possible to fly. They take all money in advance, and after our class group had done 30+ hours they started asking for more money, to re-pay the rest up to 45 hours, that we had already paid in advance. On top of that there were smaller chances to fly due to the only single engine school plane wasnt available for months, and barely any instructors at all, all of them left. So they wanted more money delivering nothing. Also, they kept blaming us students for everything. But in fact, even the most available, fulltime student needed as long as 15 months to get a PPL. And that was the only student who got it during our 2-year period there. We were 3 students who left the school at the same time despite the school having a non-refund policy. So we filed official conplaints about the poor training abilities both to ARN and the Swedish Transport Agency and waiting for decisions from there. Our new school, Nordic Flight Training, and who know the owner of SSFA, have also been in touch with the authorities because many students have left SSFA for them. A few more are now about to leave. They keep you trapped by making you pay everything in advance. Its a family business where the owner doesnt accept taking any feedback or criticism at all, despite him not being so experienced within the flight sector, he only took over the school some 7 years ago without previous experience. Yet they are arrogant and went to the extent of writing expulsion letters to some of us a month AFTER leaving school and filing complaints, stating horrible lies about us without any single proof. We on the other hand have many written documents stating the opposite about us. This is criminal, defamation, and fraud. So dont get into this school, thats our advice. Its not at all the largest school, it offers practically nothing and is only focused on money.