PDA

View Full Version : DLR HELP - urgent

maverik_
6th Jun 2013, 09:46
Hello,

I have an interview coming up and I will have to attend a DLR screening. I looks quite overwhelming, I was wondering if anyone could please shed some light on the subject and let me know your thoughts about the whole process. I've 1000 turbo prop time and currently working for an airline. It seems these tests are geared to cadets with "0" hours. It's a hurdle I must get over and any assistance would be highly appreciated.

regards

drag king
6th Jun 2013, 10:11
It seems these tests are geared to cadets with "0" hours. It's a hurdle I must get over and any assistance would be highly appreciated.

It is also geared for each airline/operator, me thinks!

I attended it 2ce for 2 different airlines, years apart. TYR used the "old" one, still at a human-level and in somehow funny. the later one (LHI) was the English-version of the one designed to select DLH sky-gods and it was INSANE to say the least. Go figure which one I passed...:}

There is a (German) company that releases a CD (Win only) that you can use to practice, 40 euros I think, and it contains few variants. Can't recall the name, though. If it comes back to mind I'll post a PM for you!

Good luck

nomad_07
6th Jun 2013, 10:18
Hello, I have not done the full DLR testing, but I did go for selection with Tyrolean a number of years ago and the testing they used was supposed to be based on the DLR. I found it to be quite standard aptitude type stuff, I used skytest to prepare for it and would thoroughly recommend it for your DLR prepartion. (I passed the tests with good marks, did not get the job, but thats another story)! Having met many people who have done the DLR over the years I would say that its good to prepare but not to go over the top, its a good idea to get an idea of what to expect and to get your mind in gear so to speak, but if you get an exeptionally high score they will tell that you prepared and it may not go down to well depending on the airline. What a minefield! Good luck with it, all the best!

maverik_
6th Jun 2013, 10:48
Cheers for the replies,

Due to the nature of the company I cant give away the company name yet. It's a brand new testing method for them and Its a three day affair, psycho, interview then sim if successful at passing days one and two. LH consulting will conduct the interview on behalf of the company. Whats behind it I have no idea, how to be sure I pass, no idea apart from be myself, demonstrate to them that I am fairly competent and practice / practice / practice the CBT's i have from DLR. Sounds simple right! Well it would be if the DLR wasn't so damn tough.

So skytest is worth the money, even if DLR themselves have given you practice material?

EAM
6th Jun 2013, 13:43
you have to prepare for the DLR Test. Havent tried it, but I think Skytest is the best option. If you have less than 3 weeks for preparation......well, then good luck.

mark65
6th Jun 2013, 14:46
hi.. i passed the lufthansa italia dlr test a few years ago, i do not know if it is the same..
pm me whenever you want i can give you some info without annoying the rest of the chatters:hmm:

No RYR for me
7th Jun 2013, 07:30
Get the Skytest cd and sign up to a course at the attc.com website. Those are the only two credible ways to get it sorted :ok:

EAM
7th Jun 2013, 10:04
Stay away from attc.com, not really a serous company!!!

maverik_
9th Jun 2013, 10:32
Hello,

DLR have given me a training pack, of what they have sent am I expected to get the same sort of tests?
I've been given, Running memory span, Physics, Spatial Orientation, Perceptual Speed, Visual memory, Mental arithmetic & English. On the skytest software there is a bunch of other tests, should I go through those tests too.

Also what sort of percentage / pass rate am I targeting? The maths one is bothering me the most, although I need to find a way to improve my visual memory. I am really struggling to remember the shapes verus numbers.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

EAM
9th Jun 2013, 10:48
There are many test, you might get the ones you know, you might even get others, sometimes they take out some old tests.
So practice all the tests. I dont think there is an official pass rate, but I think you should have at least 75%.

The only way is practice, practice, practice.
As I said, you need at least 3 weeks.

No RYR for me
9th Jun 2013, 12:50
Stay away from attc.com, not really a serous company!!!

Care to explain? I have come across many colleagues who went there and passed...

At least they learn you how to spell correctly LOL

bluepilot
9th Jun 2013, 15:02
But do not teach you the correct use of grammar :}

FLX/MCT
9th Jun 2013, 15:53
I recently passed Swiss stage one as ready entry, which is mostly using the DLR modules which also Lufthansa uses for their screenings.
I solely prepared with the CBTs provided by them.
The actual test is very very similar to these training programs and so they are in my opinion the best form of preparation because you will not be surprised at all.
For me and most of the other candidates who were successful it was not necessary to use any third party training software.
As German is my mother tongue I used books by "Hesse/Schrader" to prepare for the maths part. Dunno if they are available in English, but I'm sure you'll find something similar. Unfortunately the provided maths software was a little bit too easy with insufficient variation of the questions.
All in all the actual questions were not that difficult once you got used (again) to the different tasks.
I was tested mental arithmetics via audio only which was rather easy.

Do not bother too much about the visual memory test. You should focus your training on the 2-back and 3-back part. (During training I counted mentally 1,2 or 1,2,3 when looking at each picture, which should help your brain to find connections more easily - for me it helped, try it)
At the more difficult levels I only tried to remember the colours consciously and not the shape at all. I had around 68%-70% on Level 3.

hoox
9th Jun 2013, 20:10
The actual test is very very similar to these training programs and so they are in my opinion the best form of preparation because you will not be surprised at all when.
For me and most of the other candidates who were successful it was not necessary to use any third party training software

Did the exact same thing, passed DLH DLR twice. The CBTs are absolutely sufficient for preparation!
The maths test is very hard, 10 exercises visually, 10 aurally. You only have to have 6 correct out of those 20 though. If you are able to understand a bit of german, there are loads of very helpful DLR tipps @ Pilotenboard.de :: DLR-Test, Lufthansa, AUA, ... :: Infos, Ausbildung, Erfahrungsberichte :: Index (http://www.pilotenboard.de)

Bubair
17th Jun 2013, 08:17
The actual test is very very similar to these training programs and so they are in my opinion the best form of preparation because you will not be surprised at all when.
For me and most of the other candidates who were successful it was not necessary to use any third party training software

I passed the DLR twice once for LH Italia and I prepared only using the cbt they sent me.
If you practice a lot that should be enough!
Good luck.