PDA

View Full Version : WANNABES SEMINARS - AT GATWICK THISTLE. THE LIST OF 50

InFinRetirement
23rd Feb 2001, 01:00
If you refer to the other Wannabe Thread the first 50 - up to and including GJB - are listed as attendees for the June 9th Seminars. That leaves a WAIT LIST of 20.

Please re-read my comments on the first page of the thread so that you do completely understand and follow the rules laid down by the hotel. We don't want Sussex Police closing the place down while we are enjoying ourselves do we!!! :)

Once I have collated your e-mail addresses, and I can contact you ALL at once, I will give you some details - plus some questions to answer.

So that you are vaguely aware, because I have to be vague at the moment - sorry. The bash for 18's and over will be in the region of £25 to include a good buffet and costs - plus £10 as your comittment, and to the cost of hiring the lecture rooms. Which, incidentally, does not actually cover the full cost. Better you know these things now so that you can make a final decision about wanting to attend.

Once you have confirmed we will require that you pay in full amount into the PPRuNe Fund account.

So, please make up your minds and when I get in touch you can e-mail back, yeah or nay. I can then offer any free spaces to other wannabes.

I will be in touch next week and then be away for two + weeks and get back to you on my return. Plenty of time so do don't worry.

So, thanks very much for your support in our endeavours to get you started - we look forward to it.

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 23 February 2001).]

GJB
23rd Feb 2001, 17:56
YEEEEHHHHAAAAAAHHHHH

I JUST made it!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

P.S I will not be in a position to respond until Monday, as my email address is for work.

hasell
23rd Feb 2001, 21:47
Nice one IFR, I look forward to hearing from you.

InFinRetirement
25th Feb 2001, 00:48
I'll just put this back to the top so that late watchers won't miss it.

GPS Approach
25th Feb 2001, 16:32
IFR,

I missed the original post, would it be possible to add my name to the wait list?

E-Mail [email protected]

Thanks in advance,

GPS.

InFinRetirement
26th Feb 2001, 21:35
I will be sending out an e-mail to all of the 50 listed to-morrow.

Watch out for it and please let me have a reply soonest. If any of you on that list do not get one e-mail me right away.

IFR

Flypuppy
26th Feb 2001, 22:39
Just putting it back to the top. :)

foghorn
27th Feb 2001, 00:00
Looks like I'm top of the waiting list then!

foggy

scroggs
27th Feb 2001, 02:16
Up to the top we go!

carromking
27th Feb 2001, 02:39
aaahhhhhhhhhhhh,
Have only just seen this thread. May I please, please go onto the wait list, which I am sure is already weighty(groan :)), for the 1 in a 1000 chance of getting a place.

Thanks,
Carromking ([email protected])

HomerSimpson
27th Feb 2001, 03:14
Back to the top again..... ;)

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

InFinRetirement
27th Feb 2001, 11:31
The following I have e-mailed and their address' have been rejected:

Please let me know soonest:

MURRAY_NN - JETPUP - X-RAY LIMA

I MUST know quickly please.

IFR

VTOL
27th Feb 2001, 19:34
Back to the top... :)

InFinRetirement
28th Feb 2001, 00:02
ALL e-mails have gone out to the FIRST 50 who have declared their intention to attend the seminars on 9th June at The Gatwick Thistle Hotel.

I have 4 back as undeliverable. I have checked that the address I was given is correct. The problem, therefore, is with those 4.

Simple if you didn't get an e-mail you are one of the ones rejected by the server!

IFR

WangEye
28th Feb 2001, 03:22
Anyone willing to share twin or triple room with 1500+ hr fATPL (CAA), trained and GA experience mainly in USA?
email me - hotel is filling up!

WE.

InFinRetirement
2nd Mar 2001, 04:17
Out of the 50 named above, who I e-mailed, I have confirmation from 18 only that they want the place they asked for.

I would be grateful if you would reply to me by e-mail soonest.

HomerSimpson
2nd Mar 2001, 18:48
Back to the top.......

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

GPS Approach
3rd Mar 2001, 03:18
IFR,

If its not to late could you add my name to the wait list, should a place become available.

Many thanks,

GPS Approach.

P.S. My E-Mail is [email protected]

Logbookbilly
4th Mar 2001, 05:09
Please chalk me onto the end of the waiting list which I'm sure is already full, but hey I've only just found the site / registered / read the thread / thought up a silly name etc...

Excellent site!

Superfly
4th Mar 2001, 22:40
Here we go, Back to the top !...

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif ;)

Big Red ' L '
6th Mar 2001, 03:35
Whats the latest on how many have confirmed.
I wont know for sure if i can attend during the day, i will find out in a few weeks but i will definitely be there at night.

ickle black box
6th Mar 2001, 20:22
Am I the only stupid and easily confused person here? I've replied to say I want to be on the seminar, and said I'll transfer the cost to the pprune bank, (cheques in the post hehe :)). Are we meant to be transfering money across now, or what?, and will they know who it's come from)

Help.

A confused ickle.

[This message has been edited by ickle black box (edited 06 March 2001).]

Autofly
6th Mar 2001, 21:44
ickle black box,

What is the address to send your cheque by post or where can I find it??

Autofly

Superfly
7th Mar 2001, 01:23
Autofly,

Everything is Here :

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum41/HTML/001696.html

Happy landings, Superfly

ickle black box
7th Mar 2001, 13:42
Oldest lie in the world (cheques in the post :)) I was joking...

ickle :)

InFinRetirement
21st Mar 2001, 13:21
Hi all, I'm back!

I'll get to the 135 e-mails I have received in the course of the next 24hrs - after I have gotten rid of my jet-lag.

All is well and I will get all the details posted.

IFR

Superfly
21st Mar 2001, 13:35
Nice to see you back IFR , can't want for for the details ! :) :) :)

VFE
21st Mar 2001, 19:43
Nice to see you back IFR, I hope your trip to Florida was an enjoyable one.

I wonder, has the reserves list moved up a couple of notches yet? I do hope so!!

VFE.

Autofly
21st Mar 2001, 22:47
Alright VFE, how it going??

I reckon there are some people who won't have paid thier money for various reasons so hang there in you reserves.

AF

G - HIGH
22nd Mar 2001, 01:57
Hay, I dont know 100% what this is all about - but it sounds like it could be the type of thing i wanna goto. If your still looking for an extra person then definitely count me in!!

p.s This IS a seminar for possible future F/O's right?

p.p.s O.K! Mail me if you can squeeze me in!

p.p.p.s Thanks!

foghorn
22nd Mar 2001, 13:41
IFR,

Any movement on the wait list?

cheers!
foggy.

InFinRetirement
23rd Mar 2001, 03:13
Yep! I have had a few drop out and I will be asking the next on the list if they are interested. About 7 I think. I expect to do this tomorrow or Saturday.

And while I am it, those who have confirmed their position MUST pay their contribution into the fund right away.

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 22 March 2001).]

Delta Wun-Wun
24th Mar 2001, 00:32
Just had an e-mail offering a place. Would like to accept.Unfortunatly cannot stop for the evening do.How do I get the mioney to you.Will the bank sort it if I give them the prune fund details?

Cheers

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

InFinRetirement
24th Mar 2001, 00:54
Foggy you are already included, I have your funds already.

I have mailed a few more to-night to tell them that they have now been included too.

That is the waitlist as I have it but I know there are one or two more if they would like to get in touch I'll be happy to see what I can do.

BUT.............I have to say after the experience of the past couple of weeks I am only interested in serious people. So please make sure you are.

IFR

InFinRetirement
24th Mar 2001, 11:51
Delta Wun Wun, send your £10 from your bank to the Fund's bank with your real name AND your handle. That is the only way I can identify the sender or those who donate to the fund.

IFR

Delta Wun-Wun
24th Mar 2001, 23:43
Thanks,sorting it on Monday.

------------------

VFE
25th Mar 2001, 01:40
Any possibility I may be included IFR?

I did put my name down but have not heard anything yet.

Thanks, VFE.

InFinRetirement
25th Mar 2001, 21:01
VFE, you can count yourself IN. Send the necessary funds to the Fund and I will include you then.

IFR

VFE
25th Mar 2001, 21:48
Wooooo - hooooooo!! :) :) :) :)

Thank you very much IFR!!

I will get the smackerooneys sent to the PPRuNe Fund on Tuesday or Wednesday.

See you in June!!

VFE.

Hot&Heavy
26th Mar 2001, 07:20
IFR,

I am finding it very difficult to get to the RBS during working hours...

Do I have to deposit the money in person, or is there some other way of getting it to you? Posting you a cheque would be easiest for me.

If not, I could probably get an hour or so off work this week to do it, as I really want to attend.

Thanks, H&H

InFinRetirement
27th Mar 2001, 02:12
Hot&Heavy, check your e-mail.

Hap
27th Mar 2001, 20:26
IFR,

Is there any news on the content of the seminars? (I can't seem to find the original thread....)

Hap

InFinRetirement
30th Mar 2001, 02:19
I will come up with a definitive list over the week-end of those who have paid for their place in the seminars and those who haven't.

Those who haven't will know who they are so I would hope that they will be contrite when they e-mail me to say that they are putting their £10 in. Quite a few I think.

Come on guys I am not doing this for me I am doing it for YOU. YOU.....can be almost anyone - so if you don't want to be involved just let me know - but I do worry about why you put your names down in the first place.

Then, of course, there is Danny, PPTwrs, Hamrah, Ppprune Radar, CrashDive, scroggs, StopStart and others, all putting themselves out for YOU.

Time to stop messing about, put up or shut up seems to fit! Get the point?

Sorry, but that's the way it is I'm afraid.

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 29 March 2001).]

Delta Wun-Wun
30th Mar 2001, 03:05
IFR,Has my Bank Transfer arrived in the Prune account,it should have been there by Wednesday?

------------------

VFE
30th Mar 2001, 04:48
I sent mine off on Wednesday, (tele-banking - I love it!) can't wait to see everyone!!

Stands to be a fookin' great day!!

Now I gotta budget for the evening doo!!

Cheers IFR - you're the man!!

All the best, VFE.

foghorn
30th Mar 2001, 11:57
IFR,

My cash should be there too as well. Many thanks for all the effort you have put into arranging this.

cheers!
foggy,

Autofly
30th Mar 2001, 20:35
IFR,

I agree with you ..... this post and the first 50 names have been about for ages. This may sound a little harsh bit if these people haven't paid why are they using this forum???? There are loads of people itching to take thier place so whats going on??

AF

genius-747
30th Mar 2001, 22:18
back to the podge top

martinf
31st Mar 2001, 00:52
IFR - I have been trying to pay my money into the PPrune account but Natwest have been refusing to recognising it as a valid account to pay into. Is there anything we should know????

Maybe it is just the Natwest system? Crap as usual. I need a new bank!!

A tenner should be on it's way!!

flyfish
1st Apr 2001, 01:16
IFR,I sent my cheque of to the fund on Friday,please let me know when you have confirmation. cheers.

InFinRetirement
1st Apr 2001, 12:12
martinf, they are giving you el crappo! RBS now OWNS them and transferring to another bank is part of everyday life for banks.

You tell them it is a valid account, with number and sort code - and a lot of people have done it. Strange though that one other has said that Natwest were unhelpful in putting money across.

Do I sense they don't like being owned by RBS?

Gibfest
2nd Apr 2001, 18:11
I've put the money in today. Look forward to seeing you all at the bash!!

hasell
2nd Apr 2001, 19:57
IFR, I set up the direct debit some time ago. Can you confirm whether you've received the cash from me??

ta !
-btw I appreciate your efforts in setting this up this seminar.

GPS Approach
2nd Apr 2001, 20:47
IFR,

Please, please, please can I be put on the Wait list for someone to drop out. I'm serious and ready with my £10 and an RBS Branch within walking distance of me!!

My E-Mail is [email protected]

Many thanks in advance.

GPS Approach.

------------------
Aargh, that was the taxiway we landed on!

Pilch
3rd Apr 2001, 01:15
Re Natwest - I tried to send my money from a Natwest branch, who said NO CAN DO - something to do with not having a paying in slip for the RBS - my dear father had to make a special trip into town to deposit the money in person at the nearest RBS branch.

InFinRetirement
3rd Apr 2001, 14:20
hasell
Yes got that OK. Thanks. You are included in the list as above on "Wannabe Seminars - check this out".

GPS Approach
Yep! Get your £10 in 'cos you are IN!

Pilch
Sorry to hear that. That is the third time I have heard of Natwest being difficult. They shouldn't be, RBS OWN them now.

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 03 April 2001).]

GPS Approach
3rd Apr 2001, 18:38
IFR,

Thanks for finding a space for me!

I presume the bank details for paying in are as follows: Royal Bank of Scotland, Sutton Branch, 216-220 High Street, Sutton Surrey SM1 1NU

Account Name: The PPRuNe Fund – Account number: 10064739 – Sort Code: 16-32-45 or SWIFT CODE: RBOSGB2LA

One query though, if I'm paying in over the counter how will you know which £10 is mine?

Perhaps you could E-Mail me back to let me know at [email protected]

I will be paying the money into the Islington RBS Branch tommorrow.

Thanks again.

GPS Approach.

------------------
Aargh, that was the taxiway we landed on!

InFinRetirement
4th Apr 2001, 12:47
I'll put this back to the top again. For the late commers!