PDA

View Full Version : Requested Day(s) Off & Leave

idgas
29th Apr 2002, 22:32
In my Company, large UK charter, Cabin Crew have to give an absolute minimum of 9 weeks notice for a guaranteed day off and that's only if it's available.

Our leave for Winter 2002/3 must be submitted by 1st May 2002 therefore I have to plan my holiday for April 2003 not knowing the flying program.

Pilots seem to have a far more flexible system, mainly, I think?, a lot less notice is required. Ground employees? I don't know.

How do the rest of you fair?

Cheers, :cool:

ditzyboy
30th Apr 2002, 11:53
hi

I work for Impulse/QantasLink in OZ... I get 10 days off a month (1st to 31st) with two of those guaranteed days off if i request them befire the 5th of the month prior. ie. for 10th and 11th of July off I need to request on or before 5th June. Our rostered are issued on the 22nd of the month for the following month.

If you for some reason forget or your request does happen you can either have an annual leave day or do a roster swap. We can do unlinited roster swaps as an extra duty hours obtained through a swap do not count toward your monthly total. Crewing cannot say no to a swap as we do all the chasing to find someone to swap with (sometimes they help us find people!).

Failing that we can just take one or two of our 26 sick days. If you only take one or two days sick leave no doctor certificate is required! What a scam! I have never chucked a sicky though! Really!

We also get six week's leave a year.

So I fair pretty good! Great company, great aircraft and not too shabby conditions! Very lucky by the sounds of it.

:-)