PDA

View Full Version : There are some idiots up there!

clear prop!!!
29th Apr 2002, 21:06
Came across this, which if nothing else should give you a laugh!!

http://www.cyberair.com/tower/trans/displt.html

It’s a recording of a conversation between a lostif not stupid PPL and ATC.

The recording gets interesting after about 2 mins, so stay tuned!

Apart from the humour it will give those of you who intend to hour build in the States an insight into the different ‘style’ of ATC ‘dialog’!

This is not meant to start off a debate into the pros and cons of FAA GA, indeed I think it shows our US cousins in a very favourable light.

As for the idiot pilot,… the exist here too…believe me!

regional guy
29th Apr 2002, 21:50
clear prop!!!

I've had about 700 hours of dual given flying out of DuPage Airport (DPA), and this is not the only example of confused pilots. The main problem are the 'weekend'-pilots that trained at uncontrolled airports and rarely fly into busy environments.
DPA can get very busy on the weekends, specially in the summer, and there is always some idiot that have no clue what's going on. The controllers do a very good job, and usually they are very patient. Situations like this do get very frustrating though.

:mad:

TwinNDB
30th Apr 2002, 01:34
The eternal patience of ATC!!

Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance - Not much else to be said really.

Twin

Sky Goose
30th Apr 2002, 10:02
HEY REGIONAL GUY
I did my FAA CPL out of KDPA, and remember being extra vigilant on the weekends for those crazy "weekend warriors".

cheers for now

BayAreaLondoner
30th Apr 2002, 19:35
Thanks for posting that, clear prop!!!
I found an airport diagram for DPA. It is here (http://www.dupageairport.com/images/Fieldmap.gif)

Julian
30th Apr 2002, 20:33
Cracked up when Tower said

' Look to your left....you will see a slab of concrete...its about a mile long!!!'

TwinNDB
1st May 2002, 02:40
Irish pilot to tower, "Geez the runways short but farkin wide"!

kaeveritt
1st May 2002, 09:34
I thought that it was a commentary of my other half's driving :D