PDA

View Full Version : Oh, dear, not another one for . . .

Sunnyjohn
3rd Jun 2013, 20:43
From The Local - Spanish News in English Online:
Early bird passengers were told by BA they had had to wait an extra three hours in the departure lounge because the company had ordered the flight crew to sleep on for a while after they were kept awake at their hotel by a wedding party.

The infuriated tourists turned to Twitter and Facebook to voice their discontent, independent news agency SWNS reported on Monday.

"Sitting in Aberdeen when I should be flying to Barcelona due to a resting crew. #sloppylogistics #couldbeavoided.," tweeted passenger Andrew Wyness.

"We were told by a member of British Airways staff that the crew had been disturbed by a noisy wedding party below the accommodation at their hotel," another passenger added.

"BA haven’t offered us any compensation, but I’ll certainly be looking into it."

The British flag carrier airline, which merged with Spain’s Iberia in 2011 to form IAG, claimed it didn't have a replacement crew available to stand in for the tired airline staff.
"Our crew and cabin crew are required by law to have certain rest periods between operating flights and if that is disrupted then we have to make appropriate measures," a BA spokesperson said.

"We apologize to our customers for the delay, but the flight had to be delayed for operational reasons. These decisions are based on safety and security which are two principles we will never compromise.”

Peter Collins
3rd Jun 2013, 21:28
Yeah, well, they'd scream even louder if they'd taken off and then found the guys up front fell asleep.

Hotel Tango
3rd Jun 2013, 21:33
I'd rather be paxing on a flight with a rested crew than a tired one. Those grumbling should claim compensation from the incompetently managed hotel !!

RoyHudd
3rd Jun 2013, 21:41
BA cabin crew are notorious for insisting on their right to rest, and sod the passengers. Some of the cabin crew appear to behave in an arrogant manner towards passengers, pilots and management.

Plate layers.......

parabellum
3rd Jun 2013, 21:55
Long time ago staying in a hotel, similar to this one in Spain, major wedding party. We were a 737 crew not due out until mid afternoon next day but the same company TriStar crew were due out early. Around mid-night there was a power cut, noise all stopped, people packed up and went home, an hour later the power came back on! Good for air-conditioning etc.

The advantages of having an enterprising FE on the crew!

His dudeness
3rd Jun 2013, 22:05
BA cabin crew are notorious for insisting on their right to rest, and sod the passengers.

And if their company can´t provide for a good nights sleep, then they have every right and duty to be that way, IMO.

FlightPathOBN
3rd Jun 2013, 22:15
Why does it say tourists turned to Pprune, and then sometimes Twitter??

(hahaha, now I see, when you use the word twitt*r, it changes it to Pprune)

blimey
3rd Jun 2013, 22:42
Boss, I've had cock-all sleep due to disturbance and I'm not safe at the moment, I need a few more hours then I'll be legally fit to fly.

OK. Give us a shout when you feel you can perform your duties as per the ANO.

:ok:

FlightPathOBN
4th Jun 2013, 01:55
me thinks perhaps they were at the party?

BOAC
4th Jun 2013, 12:34
Happened to me and my crew in the Glasgow hotel when a bunch of drunken 'Hooray McHenry' juveniles decided repeated fire alarms through to 0400 would liven things up a touch. Then, rather than delay departure, I chose to decline the remaining 3 sectors after the return to LGW.