PDA

View Full Version : Personal income tax poland

Woody12
3rd Jun 2013, 20:05
Hello,

First of all, i did not know where to post this post. So mods, feel free to correct.

I'm looking here for some info. Got a contract with a hungarian airline but will be based in poland. I have no clue how to take care of taxes and social contributions in poland. From what i ve read you to pay both montly by yourself, even with a employee contract. Correct me if im wrong. I'm looking for good information and advice, because the polish tax authorities seem to be bloodhounds with who you can not discuss. They even confiscate you bankaccount if you screw things up (even if you are unware of your faults)
Who can help me?

Stuck_in_an_ATR
4th Jun 2013, 07:30
If it's the airline I'm thinking of (not many Hungarian airlines based in PL), then you pay your taxes in Switzerland and Polish tax authority seems to be ok. with that so far. Your income will be exempt from any local income tax. Social tax is paid in your name by the company as well. That's if you're on a local contract.

Woody12
4th Jun 2013, 08:45
Stuck.....

Tx, your response helped a lot. Yes i would go on a local contract. If the company pays everything, that already saves me a lot of paperwork.

Tx for your input.