PDA

View Full Version : What is the issue date of my night rating

Matt7504
3rd Jun 2013, 13:10
Hello Ppruners of the Private flying thread!
Today, after a 2 month wait my converted EASA PPL with Night rating issue arrived in the post today, though in my opinion it really was not worth the 2 month wait.
Anyway, I like to stay on top of my logbook/revalidation admin and so sat down straight away to update the logbook I sent off and get my revalidation dates established. However, when it comes to writing down my Night Rating issue date, I have no idea what to write down as it does not say on my license when the night rating was issued, it just says "Nil" in the restrictions/Remarks column of my license. Could anyone shed some light on how I establish when my night rating issue date is?

wb9999
3rd Jun 2013, 14:21
You don't need to worry about it. It is valid for life and does not need revalidating. You just have to make sure you satisfy the currency requirements before each night flight - 1 night landing in the preceeding 90 days to carry passengers (and not forgetting the usual day currency requirements).

Janu
3rd Jun 2013, 14:28
Ditto the above. In addition, your night flying privileges are valid from the date your new licence (with Night rating amendment) was issued by the CAA.

Whopity
4th Jun 2013, 08:37
As already stated, it matters not but, if you really want to know, look at the bottom right hand corner of your licence, this is the date it was a printed and is effectively the date when the last change took place; i.e. the issue of your night rating.