PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IS UP WITH PHOTOBUCKET?

Fareastdriver
1st Jun 2013, 20:05
I have been trying for a week to download pictures to be put in a pPrune post. It's all there; the download tag and when it is downloaded it shows as a download complete with picture. Then it disappears. You look in your library and it doesn't feature.
I have had no problem with Photobucket before. The only difference now is that there is not a 'Save' tag as there was before.

What am I doing wrong. The whole system now seems to be addressed to Facebook and Twitter; old fogeys like me who use computers are tipped in the skip.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
1st Jun 2013, 20:35
Nay problems here. I just uploaded this from my PC to 'bucket and then popped the tag in....

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a610/brendan_mccartney/CGHLA_zps71e83f07.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean by downloading pictures. You have to UPload to 'bucket... then click the picture once it appears and in the right side there are options for links. Choose "Direct" and use that tag on PPRuNe.

Fareastdriver
2nd Jun 2013, 09:56
I am aware of how to use it; I have been using it for years. It is just that they have changed the web page and seem to be prioritising Facebook and Twitter. My upload is visible but there is not a 'save' button that there was before, at least I cannot find it.

BOAC
2nd Jun 2013, 10:08
FED - a little confused as to what you are trying to do? In #1 you talk of 'download' and in #3 of 'upload' All working normally for me too.

Fareastdriver
3rd Jun 2013, 18:54
I will explain again:

Go to Photobucket website and sign in.
Press the upload tag to the upload page.
I can Drag'ndrop or browse files.
Browse file select a picture and it uploads. The bar travels along the top as it counts down to 100%.
The uploaded picture appears with a box for the title.

Now what do I do to save it. I know it is in the website because it is visible on Photobucketmobile which I do not use but it is not in my library.

Previously there was a Save button which appeared by the uploaded picture. The website has changed and it is no longer there.
I haven't had any trouble with PB until a month ago.

BOAC
3rd Jun 2013, 19:29
Just goes straight into my 'library'.

Fareastdriver
4th Jun 2013, 08:13
That's it; it doesn't.

BOAC
4th Jun 2013, 09:32
I am still not understanding. You are 'uploading' to your library. There will therefore be no 'save' button. On my broswer (Firefox/Win7) a green dropdown tells me the image is now in my library. Have you looked in your library?

If the image is NOT there, - browser?/OS? Done/installed anything like noscript lately? Tried another browser/computer?

Fareastdriver
5th Jun 2013, 14:14
I abandoned my account although I can still use the pictures in there. I reregistered as a different user and now is all fine and dandy.