View Full Version : G-Reg DHL 757 in AKL

WhyByFlier
1st Jun 2013, 06:54
How come there's a G reg DHL 757 operating between SYD and AKL? Is that part of a 'trip', a charter/ secondment or something I can apply for?:}

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
1st Jun 2013, 07:10
Did you have to use the word "down" in the title?

Starbear
1st Jun 2013, 07:43
I agree HD I have a very good mate flying 757 for them!

WhyByFlier
1st Jun 2013, 08:00
I'm sorry, it wasn't done for effect, it was at most a slip caused by some unconsidered American movie talk bastardisation of our language. Personally I wouldn't use such a laissez faire term to describe the loss of life that would possibly ensue.

Nevertheless I'll attempt to change the title so that hearts do not skip beats.

Hogg
1st Jun 2013, 08:44
Did it for you
Hogg

Best foot forward
1st Jun 2013, 22:19
Very observant of you its been DOWN there for a couple of years. Should have a VH reg on it soon.

captbod
2nd Jun 2013, 06:57
Due to go into the Air New Zealand hangar for CASA approval at the end of June. The transition from G to VH reg was meant to take about 9 months commencing mid 2010 but it's still going on. It's been a great opportunity for the UK based crews though, both from a flying perspective and of course socially, living in Auckland and having the chance to sample the rest of NZ has been fantastic.:ok:

WhyByFlier
2nd Jun 2013, 08:38
Yeah I bet it beats the $hit out of Leipzig.

Snoop
3rd Jun 2013, 10:51
Don't knock the 'Zig man!

Still - not Auckland tho'

gate4
4th Jun 2013, 05:54
Due to go into the Air New Zealand hangar for CASA approval at the end of
June. The transition from G to VH reg

Why? It would be best if it remains' on the UK register for swaps with other frames during maintenance?

captbod
4th Jun 2013, 06:06
It's actually operated by Tasman Cargo Airlines flying under DHL colours and yes your right, living in AKL beats the hell out of LEJ and the UK too, hope the kiwis realise what a great place they have down here.

silverhawk
7th Jun 2013, 13:30
Every time I taxi past it I am reminded of an acquaintance from UK recently in the headlines.

ph-gjk
8th Jun 2013, 19:02
Silverhawk,

I can guarantee you he is not here at the moment, and is no longer operating with us!