PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit Rules

g_conaty
29th Apr 2002, 16:19
Hi Everyone.

I havent been on here for a while and i just poppd in to ask a quick question. Im still at school and hoping to become a pilot when i leave school.

Im going on holiday on Wednesday to Rhodes and would like to see if it would be possible to meet the pilot to ask hime a few questions about my hopeful aviation career.

I was just wanting to ask if anyone knows whether or not i would be able to go to the cockpit to ask the pilot a few questions during the flight or have certain rules been put into place since Setpember 11.

Any replies would be really great

Thanks

scroggs
29th Apr 2002, 21:23
I think you will find that flight deck visits are forbidden on all UK airlines. This is not about to change anytime soon.

Airbus A320
29th Apr 2002, 22:13
Scroggs is right, most airlines have totally banned flight deck visits during flight. However, if you are wanting to ask a few questions and get a pilot's perspective, what to do is ask the ground staff at the airport you are flying from, they can get the dispatcher to see if you can board an extra 5-10 minutes ahead of the rest of the punters, so you can have a little look at the flight deck and a chat before departure. You will tend to find (with a couple of exceptions to the rule.......) that most pilots will be willing to accomodate you. Have a good holiday