PDA

View Full Version : Europe to UAE

cris
31st May 2013, 02:29
Dear Ppruners,,

I am seeking for your great knowledge regarding overfly permits.
We have a current flight from Europe to Saudi Arabian air space and we are a non schedule air ambulance flight.

Right now we are crossing Greece to Saudi Arabian air space a couple of times a week, not less than 5 times a month.

Is it possible that we can obtain a blanket over fly permit from Cyprus, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan to UAE Via CAA of those countries? or we need to have a local handler to process the blanket permit if its possible to obtain one with an air ambulance operations?

Any companies that you can refer will be a great help.

With regards to operation the aicraft is a US registered.

Thank you.

More power to all of you!

Crisanto.

dc9-32
31st May 2013, 05:52
Have you considered routing via Turkey/Iraq/Kuwait/Bahrain ?

Block permits are not available for the above but permits can be obtained normally within an hour of sending the request. Iraq normally reply within minutes :eek:

cris
31st May 2013, 06:10
Thank you for your response.

do you mean sending directly to CAA or the Handler?

do you have contact information for Bahrain or Kuwait? if possible.:8

thanks again.

dc9-32
31st May 2013, 06:51
Sorry, meant to say I don't use an agent (except for Turkey as they can be hard work to deal with).

Do you have SITA and AFTN ?

VP8
31st May 2013, 21:55
We have a Bahrain Block permit for Overflights and Tech Landings. Obtained from the Bahrain CAA direct

dc9-32
1st Jun 2013, 06:12
I think Bahrain only issue blocks for cargo and scheduled pax flights, although I am happy to be corrected :)

aviation24x7
10th Jun 2013, 22:14
Is it possible that we can obtain a blanket over fly permit from Cyprus, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan to UAE Via CAA of those countries? or we need to have a local handler to process the blanket permit if its possible to obtain one with an air ambulance operations?

- Yes you can obtain blanket permit clearances for Syria, Jordan & Cyprus. Not sure about Lebanon.

Let me know if you need CAA or local agents contact details.

J

Gulfstreamaviator
14th Jun 2013, 16:53
Just a precaution.....
glf

dallas
14th Jun 2013, 18:24
Am I missing something or doesn't the Bahrain AIP say permission not required for overflight for most cases - certainly the ingredients the OP posts.

dc9-32
15th Jun 2013, 06:01
Private flights is FPL only for Bahrain, UAE and Qatar :D

dallas
17th Jun 2013, 11:57
It's more than just private. Pretty much anything that's not landing or carrying grenades is free flow according to the AIP - my translation.

JechonLine
17th Jun 2013, 12:34
BAH, Qatar, and UAE requires only a flight plan for all aircraft.