PDA

View Full Version : Statements of the bleedin' obvious

Grainger
29th Apr 2002, 15:28
On TV tonight:

"The most evil men and women in history"

"This week - Ivan the Terrible"

OK - well he's hardly going to make it onto the show if he was called "Ivan the slightly nasty" or "Ivan the looks-at-you-in-a-funny-way", is he ? :rolleyes:

Anyway, what were his parents thinking ? How else could you expect a kid to turn out giving him a name like that :confused:

tony draper
29th Apr 2002, 16:42
Had a pal who was know by all and sundry as Ronny the Burgler, no one knows why he was called that, not even himself, the origins were lost in the mists of time, he wasn't and never had been a burgler incidently.
He's dead now alas, a and very clever witty man,great fun to sit in a pub with, didn't attend his funeral so I do not know what was on his gravestone.
We don't seem to get characters like that now. :(

steamchicken
29th Apr 2002, 21:44
Rellies knew a guy known as "Gas Thief"; he'd been convicted of swindling the gas company. And a bloke from Julia Creek I heard of was called "The Criminal"!

Jet Dragon
30th Apr 2002, 00:07
We used to have a "vertically challenged" guy at a certain British Aerospace factory whose job was to brush up in the Machine-Shop.

He was the "Swarf Dwarf" to everyone.

:D

JD

jfe117
30th Apr 2002, 01:59
Saw an ad last night (here in USA) for new Star Wars action figures.........
Loads of exiciting(!?) features, but small disclaimer at bottom of the screen...

"Flipping Jedi Knights sometimes fall"....!!!!!!!!!

Laughed so hard I fell of me sofa!!!:D

Love those yanks

Azure
30th Apr 2002, 02:03
Well, unless your in a movie, life has it's little faults. I suppose the toy company was afraid of lawsuits!