PDA

View Full Version : Skycrewing

Boeing Europe
30th May 2013, 05:14
Hi all , has anyone ever heard of this crowd? recieved an offer of employment from them with a thai based airline , they dont seem to have a website or phone number?>

dcoded
30th May 2013, 06:10
Nope.

Thought you were off in the Pacific flying?

Boeing Europe
30th May 2013, 06:31
Was , Resigned , last week flying with them now , long story.

babisiliop
30th May 2013, 07:32
Boeing Europe

When did you apply and already got an employment offer?

Boeing Europe
31st May 2013, 09:36
Applied 2 -3 weeks go and got the offer 4 days ago , all seems a bit strange , as this crowd skycrewing do not seem to exist.

mini-jumbo
31st May 2013, 10:58
It seems very strange indeed. I would avoid like the plague any agency or company that doesn't provide any contact details, other than an email address. There are a couple of threads on a Thai forum making reference to skycrewing, with an attachment of a job description for cabin crew. It's on company paper, but there are no details about the companies registered office, and how to contact them. They call themselves SkyCrewing Ltd, so they should have a registered office somewhere in the world.

Having done a little digging, the domain skycrewing.com (which appears to be their email domain) was registered on the 9th of Feb this year, so it looks like they are either new boys (or girls) on the block, or its yet another scam.

Who knows, but personally, I'd avoid.

evyjet
31st May 2013, 17:55
I had a good laugh at the name..... SKYCREWING!

..Take away the KY and the expected treatment is revealed!

Ahhh... Avaiation :}

saucy jack
31st May 2013, 18:14
Without the KY the screwing you get will be doubly painful.

(You cross it, I'll nod it in)

saucy jack
31st May 2013, 20:34
Sorry Boeing Europe for the weak attempt at humour above...I realise it's a serious predicament for you.

I have no personal knowledge of SkyCrewing but did spend a winter season on secondment in Bangkok with a reputable operator during which time I saw the possibility that there could be some shady types loitering at the margins...and some ropey old operators.

I notice that the individuals name behind this appears on Linkedin: maybe that's where you spotted the job ad. If you are registered you can perhaps find out more about him and his past. I am not so I haven't. I guess you could also then canvas a couple of people on his contacts list. He may or may not have a reputation (good or bad) in that part of the world. Would also be interesting to know what is being written on those Thai cabin crew forums which google up!

Presumably he hasn't told you the name of the operator but if it's 737 cargo only ops in Thailand it may not be too difficult to work out who it is and confirm with them if it's a genuine position.

At some point before contract signing he will have to reveal his and his Clients credentials to you including proper contact details, and I am pleased that there is no suggestion you are being asked to hand over money or bank details (just copies of all your personal papers). Maybe you can insist on a face to face signing of any contract and see if he becomes evasive; tell him you are popping in on your way back to europe and see if the threat of door-stepping flushes him out!!