PDA

View Full Version : Brand new headache(DGCA medical)..

CF680E1
30th May 2013, 04:49
Greetings,

I had my DGCA(India) Class 1 initial early this year and I have about 8 months to go for my renewal. I cleared it successfully.

I have now developed a 3mm kidney stone(upper kidney) and my Urologist says its very insignificant and doesn't seem to be concerned about it at all. This is the first time I've had a kidney stone in my life and all this happened after I came back from North India(very hot with temperatures touching 45 degrees C). He said I've developed a stone simply because I had not been drinking enough water. He also told it should go away in 10-15 days and has prescribed me some medicines. Btw, I'm facing no pain whatsoever.

But the biggest problem is that my flight training is supposed to start in a couple of months from now.

Can I actually proceed with my flight training? Will this be a problem during my next DGCA Class 1 renewal at IAM?

I am worried and don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aer_bourne
30th May 2013, 06:26
If the stone is gone by the time of your renewal then you need not worry. Renewals only consist of blood, urine test and a routine physical, so there is no need to worry about an ultrasound at all too