PDA

View Full Version : AirN@v

Kuchan
29th May 2013, 23:44
Has any one run AirN@v on MS Surface RT?

mono
30th May 2013, 16:41
But why don't you just go to a shop and try it?

Ask the store to hook it up to their wifi and see what happens when you access AirNav via Airbus world.

Get back to us to let us know how you get on.

Kuchan
30th May 2013, 22:40
AirN@v for AMEL AMM/TSM is not via wifi.

AirN@v is installed from CDs for relevant aircraft which would work along with internet explorer and Windows 7, not sure about Windows8.

MS Surface RT is not Windows 8 professional version but a cut down Windows version which AirN@v may not work.

I am asking if any AMEL has tried installing AirN@v on MS Surface RT to see if it works fine as in the case of laptop which we AMEL are carrying all the time. Laptop is just too bulking and battery life is limited.

mono
31st May 2013, 15:05
I know what AirN@v is! I use it almost very day.

Contrary to what you say, AirN@v IS available on-line, through Airbus World. The AMM, IPC, SRM, etc as well as all manufacturers and OEM data are available there.

Hence my suggestion that you go on-line to try it.

In fact, my present (and previous) company insist that the online data is to be used as the primary source of approved data.

The AirN@v stand alone (accessed via software/database pre-installed on a laptop/desktop PC) is only to be used in the event of a failure to access the online data. This is because the on-line data is the most upto date. It may take several weeks for discs to be received following revisions to the approved data.

babueb1
31st May 2013, 17:01
Hi,
I am contract Planning Engineer, I am looking for AirN@v software to download in my pc. please give an advice about it.

thanking you

Siforest65
6th Jun 2013, 18:44
Babu,

I believe you need to request access through your employing Airline or MRO. As Mono says you can get onto it through Airbus world but you will need a company supplied logon as the portal is configured to their fleet and only gives access to the manualss for aircraft type and tail numbers that your organisation are responsible for.