PDA

View Full Version : Retard seeks OASC help

skyflash
29th Apr 2002, 13:51
Hello.
need some help please. After cocking up UAS after 2 years due to "university/drinking commitments" I have decided to have another crack, much to the probable shock of my ex boss who will no doubt be warning off the selection board as we speak.
Ive done all of the standard things ie ATC, flying scholarship , 2 years UAS etc so the back ground is there.
Im currently waiting for dates for oasc. Ive been before and done parts 1 and 2 so i am familier with the procedure .I just have a few questions that need answering.

Question 1. How badly do Oasc look upon UAS drop outs?

question 2. With regard to "out of school" activities do they take into account the need to work off student debt therfore leaving little time for organising hikes to the moon etc?- im involved in charity work , i do Brit mil fitness football etc...is this enough, any hints on anything else i can do?

Question 3. My Maths is a bit rusty , can somebody give me some hints on the quickest way to answer them? ie will the S/D/T questions be as easy as the screening interview ones?

Question 4. Is it true tht depending on what time of the year you attend OASC its is easier/ harder to get in, ie do they have a quoter that they need to fill?

Joking apart, without using clieches its all ive ever wanted to do and any help would be much aprecitated. Thanxs in advance.

oh...final question...why was that all women in UAS looked like Fatama Whitbread on steroids?

Dimensional
29th Apr 2002, 16:05
Can't help much with any of the other stuff, but with the maths (as I'm sure you're aware), one of the big SDT phases are the problem solving exercises. One of the biggest handy hints I can remember for this is that the first thing you should do is to work out the distance and speed between all the places on the map by flying / driving / walking etc ... saves trying to do it all while juggling with various options, it's a damn sight easier to just say "Ahh, from A to B it's 20 miles, so that's fifteen minutes" or whatever. :) It worked for me, got me through OASC and various other people tried it and had success so I'd give it a go.

And good luck!

-D

skyflash
30th Apr 2002, 17:09
Thanks for taking the time D, good advice son. So what your really telling me to do is blag OASC, sounds good to me. Mind you , if i get rumbled ill blame you. Thanks again.

Dont mean to push the issue, but anybody else any ideas?

-any clever current affairs that would impress the board other than the obvious east Timor Congo etc?

Still no answer on the UAS Women front, honestly a good majority of them should be caged.