PDA

View Full Version : Opera's Annoying Message

grusome
29th Apr 2002, 11:32
I took Danny's advice a couple of weeks ago, and installed Opera (6.01, with ads!) to replace Netscape 4.79 for viewing Pprune. I am pleased with the change in most respects, and it certainly loads much more quickly than 4.79.
However, there is one extremely annoying characteristic on which I seek expert advice from anyone with the knowledge.
Quite frequently, when a page is loading, I get the dreaded sound: "chung" and a floating panel which states: "Connection closed by remote server".
Odd thing is that the connection usually re-establishes in a micro-second, and there I am with the notice up, but the page continuing to load. It is therefore quite meaningless in practical terms.
I have explored all preferences I can find, but have not been able to disable the b thing.
Does anybody know the solution?
Cheers
Gru

grusome
29th Apr 2002, 11:39
The statement should have read: "Connection closed by remote server".
Sorry 'bout that!

Now, can anybody tell me how to edit my own post? Every thing I tried said I didn't have permission.

Gru

PS Now I've figured out the edit function (faq), but not the message problem as yet.

slj
1st May 2002, 05:27
Have you tried deleting Opera and reinstalling?

I'm using version 6 and very nice PPRune looks on it and much faster that IE6

grusome
3rd May 2002, 05:45
slj
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I find in Opera FAQ that it is a known problem. I have written for advice, but no response as yet.
Gru