XFTroop
27th May 2013, 16:38
20 years ago today:
You're not forgotten chaps;
Rest in Peace
XFT

Courtney Mil
27th May 2013, 17:12
I truly cannot believe that was 20 years ago. Raising my glass now.

ExAscoteer
27th May 2013, 17:27
I too can't believe that 20 years have flown past. At the time I was in Goose Bay running a slip pattern when the news came through.

RIP guys, gone but never forgotten.

Captain Gadget
27th May 2013, 19:08
I lost a lot of friends that day (is it really twenty years?), and in a place that is dear to my heart - I proudly wore the Murray of Atholl tartan at my wedding, and my connections to that beautiful part of the world go back a long way.

The memorial service at Lyneham, at which was read an extract from Jonathan Livingston Seagull that I later repeated at my own father's funeral, was awesome and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

RIP guys, I am raising a glass in your memory tonight.

Gadget :ok:

Wander00
27th May 2013, 19:20
IOT "B" Sqn flight commander with Stan Muir - great guy. Will remember him and the crew when I raise my glass tonight

RIP

27th May 2013, 19:52
20 years have passed so quickly, but they will never be forgotten. RIP fellas, raising a glass tonight.

TheWizard
27th May 2013, 20:19
RIP Craig and the rest of the crew

smujsmith
27th May 2013, 20:42
20 years ago, I will never forget getting off Albert at Calgary (same trip as Ex Ascoteer I suspect), to be told by a mover what had happened. I think the whole detachment was shocked. I raise my glass to some great guys tonight, long may your memories live on these pages.

Smudge

ksimboy
28th May 2013, 06:34
Hard to believe 20 years have passed since that day, never forgotten one and all . R I P ascoteers

Le chat de factoire
28th May 2013, 07:10
Still etched in my memory after 20 years, I was one of the SVC,s on the trip. Never will forget R.I.P. lads gone but not forgotten in my heart.

fergineer
28th May 2013, 08:07
It took me two days to find out who was on board, I was in Snoopy flying low level in Scotland and was told by the bowser driver at Wick what had happened. Me and Terry joined up together went to Lyneham together and wre mates for a long time. RIP mate gone but not forgotten