PDA

View Full Version : Mildenhall

tmmorris
27th May 2013, 07:41
Simple, really - do they take visiting civil aircraft?

I fly from an RAF club which will probably help - we are exempt landing fees and already have the relevant insurance. I see in the VFR Flight Guide that 'all movements are under IFR' - not a major problem as they are OCAS and I can make an approach using my IMCR - vectors to visual approach, I assume, in VMC, given that they appear to be a little corner of England that is forever in the US...

Tim

Whopity
27th May 2013, 07:59
You will probably need a clearance from the Pentagon, despite having a RAF Station Commander (token) they operate to US PPR rules. I know someone who did land there in a precautionary WX diversion, was met by 35 vehicles and 17 Bird Colonels (full Emergency procedure) then arrested as an unauthorised alien.

chevvron
27th May 2013, 10:13
They have their own civil (N) reg aircraft for 'club' flying; why not try to make contact with the club?

A and C
27th May 2013, 12:11
The USAF is another world.........one day over a beer I will tell you how I got arrested for being in charge of a Webber BBQ !

DX Wombat
27th May 2013, 12:26
Charcoal or gas?

A and C
27th May 2013, 12:51
Charcoal.........and still in the box !

tmmorris
27th May 2013, 16:21
Chevvron,

Good plan, didn't even suspect that! I don't suppose you have a contact? Google isn't finding much...

Tim

thing
27th May 2013, 19:26
Are you at Benson or Brize (or even Kemble)?

chevvron
27th May 2013, 22:28
No I don't but you could try phoning 'Base Ops' for a starter.