PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express Help Please

Square Bear
29th Apr 2002, 09:58
In my email programme I use outlook express. I have contacts (ie: address book) visible in the main window.

The problem that I encounter is that just about every time I open outlook express all the contacts suddenly change from my list to other names and addresses. These all seem to be addresses of the xxxx type. And as sudden as this happens it changes back to the original names and addresses.

I know I could just delete the address book but, (1), that will cause a lot lot of work and more importantly (2), I'd like to know how to stop it in future.

I use ad aware and a virus checker. None have fixed the problems.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Regards

Square Bear

Carpet Rodent
29th Apr 2002, 20:01
Square Bear. Here are a couple of things to try:

First, see what else is running when you open Express. There may well be a conflicting application (MS-Outlook for example), which is battling for control of your email address book. I'd suggest using MS-Outlook, rather than Outlook Express if you have it. You can quite easily and automatically import your address book and current emails into MS-Outlook, without having to re-enter the whole thing. An import wizard is included as part of the Outlook setup.

The other would be to delete unwanted mail and addresses, then compact the folders. Here, I recommend that you be ruthless. You'll be amazed at how much junk mail you'll be able to clear out. Some file corruption may have occurred.