PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian base roster

pilot900
25th May 2013, 14:44
I'd like to know what is the roster for Norwegian at LAS and possible TNF. Are all the bases having the roster starting first day from the base, then having a several days flying somewhere and after a few days returning back to the base? Are all the bases having an average same number of night stops per month? For LGW, is there any extra allowance or the total net salary is the same for all bases?

LNIDA
26th May 2013, 08:12
Well I assume you mean LPA ( Las Palmas) & TFS ( Tenerife South )?

What ever your base ( it will only be LPA TFS LGW HEL AGP ALC ) you start and finish there, but is some case you maybe passive on your first (rare) or last (less rare) sector, in general though you'll fly to/from home base.

Money wise it the same for all non core crews, but some bases will do slightly more hours than others and therefore more BLH money.

Night stops vary base to base, but you can bid for more or less night stops

TFS is planned for winter only, the Canary Islands are mainly a winter destination for Nordic countries, with one based aircraft this Summer but 6 or 7 this next Winter with 2 in TFS for the winter, it therefore follows that there is a high risk of forced base change each season in any none core base ( per list above) but this will become less as the company grows.

Most bases outside of the Canaries will do 3-5 sectors per day,4 is normal.

The Canaries do 1 or 2 sectors, 2 sectors days are for BGO ARN TRP OSL anything North of that will be single sector due to FTL

MyIDisthis
26th May 2013, 23:05
LNIDA - Is it possible to bid for night stops in a specific city, to bid for ex ARN if youre based in ALC as a contractor? And do they receive any per diems for this? Thanks

LNIDA
27th May 2013, 00:02
No, if your ALC based you can bid for city pairs which subject to the work load means you'll be home most nights or nights away but it could be in anywhere

BeforeStart
28th May 2013, 09:31
It looks like the roster is something like 6-7 days on/4 days off. Always an early start on day one and a late finish before days off.

You have 12 days off pr month - unless you take annual leave, then they deduct 0,4 days off pr annual leave day (and round it up), so with one weeks annual leave you will end up with only 9 days off - and a roster that looks like 6-7 days on/2-3 days off.

MyIDisthis
29th May 2013, 08:35
6-7 days on and 2-4 days off, where have you heard that? Everyone i talked to says 5-3-5-4 and sometimes you can work 6 days, but then they try to give you more days off instead. Is it even legal to work 6, 7 days?

Could someone who is currently working as a contractor please tell the rest of us what your roster looks like, how much it can vary etc so we dont need to live in doubt. Thanks!

sellect
29th May 2013, 15:16
I dont think its legal to work 7 days in a row, at least not here in europe..

lederhosen
29th May 2013, 16:18
I think you will find the regulations (in Germany at least) say no more than 168 hours (which is 7 days) between weekly rest of two local nights, which can be as short as 36 hours.

Crewing has an incentive to have you start on earlies and finish on lates, but have you back ideally before 20.00. As most airlines are busier in summer working to the maximum then and being forced to take leave in winter is also pretty standard. Two crew overnight flights are regularly planned up to the maximum limit.

Of course lots of airlines have company agreements which are better than this, but the trend is downwards and even worse for cabin crew. We have hired a few recently from state carriers and some of the things I have heard are incredible.

nosmo king
30th May 2013, 06:17
Certainly legal in the UK and to my knowledge always has been under CAP 371 (UK FTL).

paperdragon
30th May 2013, 06:56
Prepare to work 5-7 days then get 3-4 days off.. Scheduling does leave something to wish for, you can bid all you like; but chances of getting anything of it is very slim, (my last three bid attempts, just few named days off, has all been rejected).

captplaystation
30th May 2013, 08:18
From 1st Jan roster for contractors changed from 5/4 5/3 to "variable " 12 days off per month.

This was required to make the flight pairings in LPA work, and was then given to other bases for (it seems) no particular reason other than "they could".

It worked OK for me, as I commute, with longer blocks on (indeed up to 7 ) and longer blocks off (4/5/6) for the 1st 3 mths, but Apr was useless with a few blocks of 2 OFF (inutile if commuting ) May & Jun are pretty much back to OK.

I believe the roster at LPA (and I guess TFS when it opens) is less commuter friendly, with many single/double days off.

As previous poster has stated, requests are a waste of time, and annual-leave system only marginally better than Ryanair.

If they wish (and they do need) to continue attracting more candidates, this is one area they should improve, as it is fairly cost neutral.

jedy
30th May 2013, 09:02
Can anyone share or give me an idea of a roster in LPA. I understand it is variable but do you do lots of nights stops away or most days are 2 sectors.

How does leave system works?

And finally I've talked to one of their agencies and the whole tax situation is a little bit confusing. What is the net salary for a captain based in Spain?

Sorry if it is a little bit to much but I am trying to make a decision to SCAPE from the Europe's favorite ultra low cost airline

LNIDA
30th May 2013, 11:34
A lot of ex ultra low cost airline pilots have joined NAS recently, few if any have ever left NAS to the ultra low cost airline, I guess thats your answer, its not a commute contract, but many do!! The roster is variable, depends what your used to and what you want.

MyIDisthis
30th May 2013, 14:27
Paperdragon, captplaystation and others: How often would you say that you work more than 5 days? And is that in general always followed by 4-6 days off or is it something very rare? For me it would be ok since i always commute as well..

How much does this vary between the existing bases, is there a big difference..are any "famous" for being better than anothers.

How do they distribute your off days at the end of the year if you havent been given what you asked for?

Thanks for all the help guys

Mr Angry from Purley
30th May 2013, 17:28
MyIDisthis
What planet are you from??
If you want to join a holiday camp try someone like Thomson, Thomas Cook, that's the holiday Company, not the airline...:\

paperdragon
31st May 2013, 08:22
Very often; in fact 6 days seems to be the new norm, followed by 3-4 offs.
Vacation is 4w/y plus 2 days, one week per every three months, there is a bidding system operated as first come first served but completely without transparency, so either you get what you like or you get "complimentary vacation" on scheduling departments behalf.. Everybody (contractors) commutes so stating its not a commuting contract is nonsense! LNIDA: True for now at least...