PDA

View Full Version : Helicopters near London

Heli20
24th May 2013, 19:22
Hi,

I have an enormous passion for helicopters and just arrived in London. I would like to know where I might be able to approach some helicopters and have a talk with their pilots ?

Thanks a lot

HeliStudent
24th May 2013, 19:50
Can I suggest -

Helitech International launches at ExCeL London 2013 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f8HboPmpKyA#)!

Home - Helitech International (http://www.helitechevents.com/)

Heli20
25th May 2013, 09:21
Many thanks,
Sadly I'm just in London for a week.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
25th May 2013, 09:30
Battersea heliport?

heli14
25th May 2013, 09:44
Sadly I'm just in London for a week

in that case, probably your best bet would be to make contact with some helicopter flight schools around the outskirts of London.

I think the guys at HQ Aviation Denham used to allow people to look around their aircraft, and are certainly passionate and knowledgeable about what they do, but probably worth a call first to avoid a wasted trip just in case.

There's also HeliAir at Denham, who you could perhaps approach, plus I think there are a couple of helicopter filming companies there too.

I'm sure there are other companies at different airfields around the outskirts of London as well, but again probably worth a call first, as some places are likely to have a policy of absolutely no access to their hangars for non-employees/customers.

You'd probably get bigger aircraft at Battersea...but, I suspect hefty parking fees once the aircraft are on the ground more than 15 minutes might limit your chances of actually approaching aircraft/pilots.

Hope this helps!

Heli20
27th May 2013, 12:08
Thank you for your help.

Exo.
28th May 2013, 16:29
Try Redhill,

They have London Helicopter Centres, EBG Helicopters, Arena Aviation, Rotormotion, The Air Ambulance, the PAS for down that way, and a couple of private Gazelles dotted here and there.

Look them up and e-mail/ring first though as you never know how busy each outfit is, or how willing they are to let you poke about.