PDA

View Full Version : Robinson R22 displaying at Duxford??

Pittsextra
24th May 2013, 18:50
http://www.iwm.org.uk/sites/default/files/public-document/SpringAirShowParticipationList_23May.pdf

Is that Paul Bonhomme of Red Bull display team? Could be interesting little display.. Dennis whats the story?

parasite drag
25th May 2013, 16:31
Flying's just finished there now, so I shall be eagerly awaiting a Youtube link :)

SilsoeSid
25th May 2013, 17:42
parasite drag
Flying's just finished there now, so I shall be eagerly awaiting a Youtube link :)

Mmmm, the link above takes my device to a page that says, "Spring Air Show, 26 May 2013"

Maybe here will be some 'arrival' vids out there :zzz:

25th May 2013, 19:58
Saw a very impressive R22 display at the French National helicopter champs at Le Mans in 1990 - landing on top of a moving articulated lorry separated from the crowd by a line of barriers 3 feet away!!

They didn't have display limits and minima in those days;)

heli1
26th May 2013, 05:40
Aaah......you need to go to Oz to see some really impressive R22 displays.Theyre at it all the time in the outback!
The cattle and sheep luv it.

Dennis Kenyon
29th May 2013, 18:24
Sorry Pittsextra ... no trade knowledge of Paul's planned display routine. But just to say I've seen some impressive R22 sequences over the years and no doubt Paul's display would be good.

On a personal basis I don't display the two bladed types. Q's R44 routine is as good as any I've observed ... plus a couple of others from UK drivers.

Any post show reports please? Dennis K.

Pittsextra
29th May 2013, 19:10
Hi Dennis, no sadly it didn't happen! Not sure why as I didn't hear any announcement so nevermind, was quite interested to see what was planned.. Was a nice day to relax and see some interesting old kit.

krypton_john
29th May 2013, 21:19
I heard that the organisers considered the R22 take-off, circuit and landing routine was just too dangerous for all concerned and they replaced it with an un-tethered wing walking display put on by the Blind Foundation.

<ducks>
Sorry - just kidding - couldn't help myself! :-D

ShyTorque
29th May 2013, 21:54
That's so unfair!

It's just the landings that are dangerous........... :oh:

topendtorque
29th May 2013, 22:19
I heard that the organisers considered the R22 take-off, circuit and landing routine was just too dangerous for all concerned and they replaced it with an un-tethered wing walking display put on by the Blind Foundation.Ha ha,very funny. Sounds like when we took our son to his next school - at interview we discussed curriculum and sports etc. Says me - having boxed as a kid as have many, "Can he do boxing?". Came the reply, "Oh no that's far too dangerous, but he can do parachuting."

Very nearly fell off my chair.

heli1
The cattle and sheep luv itHi mate, you need to get this straight, in outback OZ we chase cattle it's in unzud where they play with sheep - and goats - I believe. Although I wouldn't be suggesting for a second there's any Arabs there.

cheers tet

krypton_john
30th May 2013, 21:43
Better not let the billion or so Hindus know you are harassing those cows mate.

BTW, it's Tasmania that does the goat shenanigans, isn't it?
;)

topendtorque
30th May 2013, 21:55
Tasmania?

Could be, some overseas country.

tet.